Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Not a Barbie Doll

Chapter Six

by TheMasteroftheWicket 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-12 - Updated: 2009-02-13 - 1378 words

1Hot
The second I stepped out of the shower I knew there was almost a hundred percent chance I wouldn’t live through the next hour. Laid out on the dresser, was every kind of makeup, hair appliance, and hair product known to man. The large mahogany wood dresser was large, and hit very nearly from one wall to the other, and it was completely covered from inch to inch. I let out a breath I didn’t know I’d been holding and gripped the towel tighter against my body.

Ely stepped forward and pulled the towel off of me and shoving a dark violet colored robe into my arms. I quickly put it on. She sat me down in a swivel chair in front of the large mirror and looked at me in it. “You’re going to be difficult, aren’t you?” She huffed.

I bit my lip. “Too bad.” She said in her mother-like voice. She plugged in a blow dryer and went to work. I watched what she did in the mirror, too afraid to look away. After my hair was dry she began to curl my under layers. I had no idea what she wanted me to look like, but I was terrified of what was to come. What she had finished that she flattened out my bangs a little, letting them frame my face. She sprayed it then. “Ya have beautiful hair, I don’t know why you never wear it down.” She said. I smiled. She reminded me of my mom.

I’d never seen anybody work so fast and be so precise at the same time. “Geez, where’s the fire, El?” I asked her.

“You’re not the only one who needs made-over.” She said. And that was that. I knew better than to ask questions about this particular subject.

When she’d finished my hair she went to work on my face. She applied just a little foundation to my skin. She tapped the brush over and over again against the container, trying not to get too much. After that she began to apply some peach colored eye cream to my eyelids, then over the top of that some fuchsia colored eye shadow. She blended it in and applied some black eyeliner in thin lines, making small wings in the crevices, knowing I’d knock her on her ass if they were large. She applied some mascara and left my eyes alone.

After she’d done that I hoped and prayed she was done. But she wasn’t, of course. She then applied a deep red lipstick to my lips. I wanted to shove her away right then, but didn’t. She crunched my hair in her hands again and brushed away any flecks of makeup that had fallen on my face. I stared at her reflection in the mirror and glared a bit.

“I think I have a right.” She pointed out. “I’m the one who has to watch you be plain all the time when you could look like this. That was when I actually looked at myself. I looked… different. It was still me, and I owed her big for not going over the top. I liked the way I looked, surprisingly. I smiled at her in the mirror. She smiled back.

“Ya still have a dress to put on.” She grinned. I sighed, but it wasn’t a disagreeing sigh.

“Show me.” She walked over to the bed and picked up the smaller of the dress bags. She walked over to me and handed me it. I cautiously unzipped the bag and gripped onto the hanger. I slowly pulled the dress out of the bag and looked at it. It was a black strapless dress, with a fitted waist and a four-tiered skirt. I turned it over and noticed the smocked back. I bit my lip, and Ely gave me a warning look. Whether it was to not mess up my lips or to not complain, I didn’t know, but I stopped anyhow.

In the bottom of the dress bag was a pair of red fish-netted tights, and a pair of black flats. I breathed out a sigh. “El…” I said, looking up at her. But she wasn’t there, and I heard the bathroom door shut.

“Put it on.” She demanded through the door, before I heard the door lock.

I looked down at the dress and stood up. I set the shoes and tights on the bed and took the robe off. I walked over to the dresser and borrowed one of Elegra’s strapless bra and a pair of black lace underwear. I put them on and tried not to think about it. I unzipped the side zipper on the dress and stepped into it. I zipped it back up and cautiously turned to look in the mirror. The dress was a bit tighter than I would have liked, but it was alright. I sat down and pulled the tights up my legs and stepped into the shoes. I adjusted my hair and stared at my reflection. What had I gotten myself into? Why did I agree to this?

I walked across the hall into my room and grabbed a crocheted over-coat type thing. It was black, light and subtle but enough to cover me. I grabbed my paper-plate mask and looked at it. It was obviously home-made, but I like it. It was covered in red construction paper and had black feathers glued to it, with some glitter. I smile at my kindergarten-esque work and slipped the elastic string over my wrist. I walked back into Elegra’s room and felt my jaw hit the floor.

She stood in a black, tightly fitted dress with a black leopard print bodice, a black lace inset and black piping. The halter strap hugged her shoulders, and the bodice enhanced her chest to a great degree. On her legs were a pair of large-holed black fish-netted tights. On her feet were a pair of black bottle opener heels, with what looked to be an about one and a half inch platform in the front and a four inch heal in the back.


She was facing the mirror, adjusting her recently curled and hair-sprayed hair into an elegant side pony tail. She concentrated hard, her makeup covered eyes staring intently forward.

“God Ely! Who died and made you Paris Hilton?!” I exclaimed. She turned to glare at me.

“It’s not that over-the-top.” She argued.

“Ely, you’re not even on the hill anymore! You rolled right off with that outfit!” I laughed. She stuck her tongue out at me like a five year old and grabbed a tube of lipstick off the dresser. She carefully applied the cherry red substance then turned back around at me.

“You borrowed my bra.” She announced, a deep smirk plastered to her air-brushed looking face.

“Well, for your information I don’t own a strapless bra.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. She just rolled her eyes.

“Do us both a favor, take that ridiculous sweater off and let’s get out of here.” She said, walking to the door. I looked in the mirror one last time, before chucking off the sweater and watching it land on the bed. I walked down the stairs with Elegra just a few steps in front of me.

“Who’s care are we riding in?” I asked.

“Your’s.” She said, not looking at me. I walked in front off her, grabbing the keys off the hook and walking out into the night, with my angry best friend in tow. I looked up at the sky and saw the bright yellow moon overhead. It was going to be one hell of a night, that much I could feel. But what I couldn’t feel just yet, was why.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I apoligize for all of the mundane description, but you didn't think I'd do all of this then just write the party in a small tidbit at the bottom, did ya?
I ain't no scarecrow, and I ain't no tinman, baby. Both my heart and brain are intact.

The next ones a big'n. Meet me at the party.
Sign up to rate and review this story