Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Not a Barbie Doll

Chapter Seven

by TheMasteroftheWicket 8 reviews

Time to Dance- Panic! At the Disco

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-06-05 - Updated: 2009-06-06 - 1259 words

1Exciting
When Elegra pushed the door open in front of me, I was automatically overwhelmed. Bob said that we were going all out but I had no idea he meant it in such a literal sense. Their were masked people everywhere, making identification near impossible. I took a deep breath and looked around the room. As soon as I found Frankie, I’d be fine.

As Ely and I pushed through the crowd I automatically realized why she looked like a classy hooker. His name was Bob Bryar, and he was all she was thinking about. I slapped my palm to my forehead and groaned. I hated myself for not talking her our of this when I should have. She was already making her way in the general direction of the food table, where she knew Bob and probably Frankie would be.

I hurried after her, shoving people in my haste. I probably looked like a pretty big ass, shoving through the crowd like that, dawned in a dress that only met my thigh, but I kept pushing anyway. I saw her greet Bob, and then Frank. I cursed and stopped running, slowing my pace to a grudging walk. Ely turned to stand between them, and pointed at me. Bob looked up at me, smiled and waved.

Frankie looked up too, looked back down at the floor, than looked up again, all in about four seconds. I held my breath. Fucking Elegra. His eyes scanned my figure, his mouth slightly open. I looked away awkwardly, tugging the bottom of my dress down and sped up my pace, hoping to make this easier. I looked up again when I met the table. This time when I looked at Frank, his whole face was bright red, from chin to scalp. I bit my lip, not caring at this point about my makeup. ‘Fuck the makeup‘, I thought angrily.

“Hey Frankie.” I smiled at him, pulling my paper plate mask off from around my wrist and securing it on my head. He seemed to calm down by then.

“Hey.” His voice seemed composed enough. He wore a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of black slacks. I felt overdressed, until I looked at Ely again. I cussed up a storm in my head for being so stupid and letting her leave the house. She was very literally throwing herself at Bob, and he wasn’t making any attempt to catch her. I shot daggers at him with my eyes, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Yoooo-hoooo, Frannie Paaaaants!” I heard someone say in a very loud, obnoxious, slightly high pitched drawl. I turned to look at Frank, one of my brows cocked. He stared back at me with an apologetic look. We looked up together, and saw someone making their way through the crowd. Frankie obviously new what was going on, as did Bob. I felt horribly out of the loop, and it grew worse when the figure emerged in front of our little group.

He had shiny, black hair, and despite his feeble seeming attempt it looked messy and unkempt. His strange bluish gray eyes met mine and I froze. He seemed to know who I was, though I was certain I’d never met him before. I looked at Frankie again, but he wasn’t looking at me. His jaw was locked and he looked as though he was prepared to be hit.

“There ya are, Oreo!” the man said, clapping Frank on the back. He turned to me again.

“Kira, this is Bert.” Frankie said reluctantly “Bert… Kira.

I stared blankly at the man named Bert and then back at Frankie. Bert stared at me, I felt uncomfortable. I cringed away, leaning my body toward Frankie. He caught me around the waist left his arm there. I knew what he was doing and I leaned into his side.

“Nice to meet you, Kira.” he said politely. I smiled at him naturally.

“Nice mask.” Frankie remarked, grinning at me. I laughed and nudged him. We turned our attention back to Ely and Bob. The music was getting louder. She wasn’t talking to him now, she was looking away. He had one hand on the back of his head, and the other hung on his side, making him look like a stupid chicken. He looked at me.
“FUCK” I mouthed at him, making my point very openly. He cringed and turned away. I excused myself and started walking toward the bathrooms, crossing the floor as quickly as possible. As the climax of the song came, someone caught me around the arm. I froze and turned to my left. I was stunned.

The man from the store, the street corners, he was there. He didn’t look scary anymore. He looked earnest, modest, neutral, but the under-glow of blush on his cheeks gave him away. His eyes bore into mine, and my face cracked. I let out my breath and shut my eyes, counted to five and let them open again.

“Hello.” he drawled. I stared at him as though he’d spoken in a foreign language. I opened my mouth for a second and then snapped it shut. “You’re…Kira… correct? I’m sorry, I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Gerard.” He slid his hand down from my elbow to my hand and brought it to his lips. If I wasn’t so shocked I probably would have laughed, but I wasn’t able.

Time seemed to slow down as I came face-to-face with the man who had starred in my most recent nightmares. Only he wasn’t scary. Gerard was actually sort of beautiful. He was very pale, but kind of warm too. He wasn’t fat, and not too skinny. He had baby teeth and a perfect nose. And his eyes were the color of the very top layer of a sunset, with little flecks of green. Looking at him then, was when I got myself together.

“You-you came into the store for the last three days. Why?” I asked. I sounded nervous even to my own ears.

“Obvious reasons.”

“And what are those?”

“I’m looking at them.” I was at a loss at that.

“You were following me.” I wasn’t a question.

“Not exactly.”

“Yes, exactly.” I argued.

“Are you here alone?” He asked.

“No.” I said, finally tugging my hand from his.

“Are you here with the green-eyed boy?” It bothered me when he called Frankie a boy. Frank was my friend, and just as masculine as any male. “This wasn’t exactly how I wanted this to go down.”

“Did you plan this?” I asked suspiciously.

“Not exactly.”

“Yes exactly!” I scoffed. “Look… no offense Mr…” I trailed off.

“Way.” He finished with a polite urge in his tone.

“Mr. Way. Not to be offensive, but you’re creeping me out.”

“Am I?”

“A tad.”
“Gerard?” I heard from behind me. I spun around. Bert was there. “What the fuck are you doing here, man?”
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All the apoligies in the world couldn't explain how sorry I am for not updating earlier. It took me forever to come up with this. I'm sorry if it dissapoints. But thank you for all the wonderful feedback and support; this is by far my most successful story and I hope you enjoy the update.

Much love,
Miranda
{PS. I'd also like to know who rated chapter six as hot... I'm not sure I get how it is.}
Sign up to rate and review this story