Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Heaven Help Us

Hospitals

by xx__ilovemikey__xx 0 reviews

Gee is in hospital and manages to find frank but finds out something about Mikey...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-02-13 - Updated: 2009-02-13 - 1724 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV
*

“He is making good progress, there is nothing to worry about. No permanent damage has been done, he will just need a few days rest and he will be as good as new.” an unknown voice said. “Thank you doctor. I think I’m gonna stay with him for a while” Mikey’s shaky voice replied.
The conversation was distant and almost muffled.

Someone took my hand, I guessed it was Mikey, and squeezed it tight.
I couldn’t quite remember what had happened but as I thought about it it suddenly all crashed back to me and one thought dominated my thoughts.

“Frankie?!” I croaked as my eyes snapped open and I tried to sit up, only to have Mikey push me gently back down again.
“Its okay, ssshh. Frank is okay. He is in the room next door. You can see him soon” Mikey said.
“God Gerard I’m so glad you are okay” he smiled, wrapping his arms around me.
I hugged him back, relaxing slightly and taking a deep breath, resulting in a lot of coughing.
“You need lots of rest and so does Frank so don’t worry yourself” he said softly
I nodded and leaned back, closing my eyes and falling asleep again.

*

I woke up to find Mikey still by my side and my mom in the corner of the room, pacing up and down with a stress laden expression.

“Hey Mikes” I said softly, startling him.
“Your awake!” he exclaimed, jumping about a foot in the air.
“How long have I been asleep?”
“two days”

“Shit where is Frankie? Is he okay? Is he out yet?” I asked, getting myself into more of a panic than necessary.
“Its okay, he is fine. He has spent the past two days sneaking through here to see you then getting told off by the doctor for getting out of bed. Actually I think he is getting warned for the one hundredth time at the moment. You want me to go get him?” Mikey said, still clutching my hand for dear life.
“No I should come and see him. He has to rest and stay in bed” I replied worriedly, already pulling at the monitor wires and trying to get up without much success.
“Gerard stay here. You have to stay in bed, I will go and get Frank, he is okay to get up” Mikey assured me, pushing me back onto the bed and leaving the room.

I looked towards the corner of the room and noticed my mom was no longer there. She wouldn’t have left after I woke up would she?

“Gee!” a screeching squeal shouted from the door as Frankie entered the room. He looked like a true angel; the hospital gown that he was wearing seemed to look alright on him and his hair was still perfectly in place.

He stumbled as quickly as he could find physically possible towards me, throwing his arms around my neck and rolling onto the bed on top of me.

“I’m sorry Gee, I really am… I wanted to tell you but I couldn’t and I’m sorry sorry sorry” he mumbled into my neck.
“Baby its okay, it doesn’t matter now…ssshh”
He perched himself on the edge of my bed and we talked about anything that came to mind for a while. It was nice just for a moment to not have to think about anything and to just live in the moment.

“Mikey…? Any decent coffee going around here?” I asked with a grin
“Gerard I really don’t think you should be drinking coffee…I can get you water?” he frowned
“hmm… nah coffee is better” I replied, ignoring his disapproval.

“If you don’t get it…I’ll just have to go find it myself Mikes” I teased
He rolled his eyes and turned to go and find some.
“Mikey?” frank’s soft voice caught him before he left.
“I suppose you want some too” he glared at Frankie

Frankie nodded childishly and cuddled up to me when Mikey left.
“I could get used to hospitals like this” I muttered to myself
“I could be your hot nurse that looks after you” Frankie whispered, sending shivers through my body.
“Only if you promise to get better first” I replied, melting under his honey gaze.

“Here’s your coffees.” Mikey snapped, returning to the room.
Frankie jumped away from me and stood up to get the cups from Mikey.
“Thanks Mikey” he smiled and handed me mine.

It was pretty shitty coffee to tell the truth but it was the first I had had in a while so I would have drank it no matter how shitty it was. I looked to Frankie who clearly thought the same as he swirled it carelessly around the cup.

“Frank?!” an angry sounding voice called from outside the door.
“Ooopsies…not again” he mumbled as a doctor came bursting into the room.
“Frank how many times have I told you to stay in your room! You need to rest and stop disturbing Mr Way, he needs his rest too” the doctor sighed
“But he woke up! We have to celebrate.” he insisted

He tangled his arms protectively around me.
“You really should consider my earlier proposition.” he continued
“Frank, I cant let you take Gerard home and you cant have a bed in here, its too much distraction” He could say that again.

“I can take care of him though! You don’t need lots of doctors and nurses to look after him” he replied
Frankie, bless his heart, he knew I hated hospitals.

“Its okay sweetie, your doing a good job but you could do a better job when you are better yourself okay? You go rest okay and I will come see you later” I said softly
“See? Gerard knows what he is talking about. Back to your own room and try staying there this time” the doctor said

Frankie sighed and kissed me on the cheek before taking Mikey’s hand to follow him and letting the doctor escort him out.

I lay for a while, staring at the tiled ceiling, counting the dark coloured diamonds that decorated it until someone came into the room and snapped me out of my boredom daydream.
“Hi sweetheart how are you feeling?” my mom’s voice sounded from the entrance.
She was standing with my dad at the foot of my bed, watching my every move and eyeing me up.
“A lot better mom thanks. I’m sorry if I scared you guys” I said softly, making sure to keep my temper under control during their visit.
“Gerard, we need to talk” my dad replied, taking a seat with my mom next to my bed.
“Sure, go for it”
“Gerard, we know there is no easy way to tell you this so we just have to say it…” my dad began.

Tears were forming in my mom’s eyes as my father took a deep breath and got ready to continue.
“Mikey has to go back into hospital” he said quietly

At first I couldn’t get my head around what he had just said.
Mikey hadn’t told me. It wasn’t that bad, I was helping him. Shrinks wont help him.

“No, no, no please no. not again” I mumbled
“you have to give me a chance to help him mom, dad please. We can fix this. You cant send him back there, it terrifies him” I begged
“We haven’t told him yet Gerard, he needs to get through this first and we will tell him when you get home” my dad finished, a strange formal tone to his voice that I very rarely heard.
My mom hugged me tight and they got up to leave, without so much as another word.

It would destroy him to go back to that clinic. It hadn’t helped him the first time. Why did they think this would be any different?

The doctor told me I would be allowed to go home the next day as long as I promised to get lots of rest and that Frank could come home the day after.
I wasn’t sure I wanted to go home anymore. I couldn’t stand watching Mikey rush around, taking care of me without the knowledge of what was going to happen to him. He wouldn’t understand, he would be scared and confused, he was just hurting and no amount of therapy would heal that, he needed his brother not a shrink.
I hated watching him scurry back and forth between me and Frankie, passing ‘I love yous’ and ‘I miss yous’ from Frank to me and back. It must have been hurting him and it would hurt him even more to find out where he had to go but I couldn’t tell him.

“Mikey?”
“Yeah Gerard?” he replied while picking up some comic books that Frankie had asked for.
“Come and sit with me for a moment”
He sat down on the edge of my bed with a tired smile. He had been running around day and night, he must have been exhausted.

“You know I love you right? You’re my baby brother and I’m always here for you”
“Yeah Gerard I know, I love you too” he replied with a confused look.
I pulled him down next to me and he cuddled up to me.
I enjoyed the few moments I had left, I didn’t want to let him go off to that place, it just wasn’t right.

“I guess we should get going Gerard, you’re coming home today!” he said happily, sitting up and finishing packing my bag.
I went to get changed and we got ready, checking out and getting firm instructions from the doctor to rest, not worry blah blah blah, the usual.

I stopped by Frankie’s room to say good bye and promised to come and pick him up to take him home the next day when he was allowed out. He seemed a lot more cheerful although there was a deep sadness I could see in his golden eyes that he was holding back from me.

-------------------

reviews make me smile :) xo
Sign up to rate and review this story