Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Together, Still I'm On My Own- Chapter 7 up

If Only Because You're Here

by lostmyfearoffalling 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-02-16 - Updated: 2009-02-16 - 751 words - Complete

0Unrated
I squint my eyes against the light that’s streaming into my room, moaning as I throw my hands over my eyes. It’s then that I feel another body in the bed. Oh god!
I sit bolt upright, feeling an uncomfortable rush in my head. I snap my neck as I turn too fast to see Gerard asleep with one arm spread across the bed, seemingly around me only moments ago. I sigh, recalling everything, including the pain that’s spiking up my wrist. I take the weight off it hastily, inhaling.
Gerard shifts his position, and his hair falls into his face. He doesn’t wake however.
I look at the clock, startled for a moment by the time; 9:30. Then I recall that it’s Saturday, and I lie back down with a sigh. Gerard breathes out heavily, eyes fluttering open.
“Good morning,” he says, upon seeing me. He smiles, shaking his head back and forth quickly to wake himself up.
“Hey,” I say, slightly less eloquent.
He pushes his hair out of his eyes and forces himself up on his elbows. His hazel eyes narrow a little bit as he studies me intently.
“Are you alright Rainier? How’s your arm?”
“It’s fine. I’m fine.” Mostly since he is here. If not only because he’s here.
He smiles. “Did you sleep alright? Did I bother you?”
I laugh, shaking my head.
“My brother and I used to share a bed, and he always complained I moved around too much, took up all the space.” Gerard’s eyes sparkle; there’s always some extra shine in his eyes when he talks about his brother.
“I slept just fine.” I say.
“Good.” He says, nodding. His eyes flick across the room as he takes in his surroundings again.
I trail my eyes around too, though I ‘m not sure why. I notice my phone on the floor, and suddenly, I remember why Gerard had to stay.
“Oh god.” I say, throwing the covers off me. I run to grab the phone, flipping it open, hitting redial.
Gerard watches me with a frightened expression, but he doesn’t ask questions. My expression probably warns him not to.
It rings several times, and I’m close to tears. One falls down my face when Frank finally picks up.
“Hello?” He says in a dead voice.
“Frankie!” I sob, relieved.
“Rainier?”He says, sounding surprised and happy.
“Frank!” I say again. “Oh god, how is she? What happened?”
“She got hit by a drunk driver. She was driving back to our hotel; I was waiting for her. She was on the street; I saw..I saw..” his voice broke.
“Oh god Frankie.” I moan. “Is she ok?”
“They’re not sure yet. I think so. She hasn’t woken up yet.” He sounds scared and insecure.
“I’m coming, give me the name of the hospital, I’ll be in Syracuse in an two hours.” I say quickly, trying to keep my voice steady.
“We’re not in Syracuse; we were gonna go see Avenged Sevenfold. In Jersey.” He says.
“Oh. Shit. It’s fine, I’ll be there. Give me the name of the hospital.” He does, along with Thalia’s room number.
“Thanks Frankie. I’ll be there as soon as I can.” I say, clicking off the phone and dropping my head into my hands. I hear the sheets rustling, and I look up, seeing Gerard grabbing his coat off the floor and slinging it over his shoulders.
“Do you need me to take you there?” He asks me.
I shake my head. If I break down after I see Thalia, I don’t want to make him watch.
“Ok then.” He says. “Be careful. Don’t hurt yourself.” The phrases have to entirely different meanings. Because he knows if I hurt myself, it won’t be because I’m not careful.
Gerard comes and kisses me softly on the forehead.
“I love you Rainier. Goodbye.”
“Bye,” I say softly, watching him leave.
I stare at the floor, at his feet, until they disappear. I notice two small white things on the ground, and once Gerard is gone, with the door shut behind them, I get up and pick them up. They’re two little pills. Xanax.
I don’t take Xanax.
But I think I know someone who does.


Sorry still short. But I haven't had much time. But I do have lots of ideas....heehee
Sign up to rate and review this story