Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

Adjusting

by Meg2005 2 reviews

Brendon and Grace continue to adjust. Important memo message.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-02-21 - Updated: 2009-02-22 - 1290 words

0Unrated
**************************************

Grace sat in a chair at the kitchen table with her computer in front of her while she watched the two little boys play in the living room. It was harder than she expected. Now that their mother had passed, Caleb and Chace were having a harder time adjusting to the new life they had.

Chace was doing well. If it were up to him, no one would even be able to tell they had just lost their birth mother. He was happy and having fun all the time. Chace and Brendon played together all the time. They had officially turned half the house into a big tent.

Caleb, on the other hand, was a different story. He spent most of his time with Grace: following her around, sitting in her lap, or just joined to her hip. Brendon had tried to play with him but he had yet to speak at all to Brendon. He really had yet to speak to anyone really except Grace.

Caleb refused to sleep with Chace at night. He insisted on having Grace sleep in the room with him.

The past two days had been difficult for the young couple as Chace stayed in the master bedroom with Brendon and Grace stayed up in one of the guest rooms with Caleb.

Brendon’s parents had spent most of Saturday at the house helping out but still Caleb was painfully shy and hid behind Grace’s leg most of the day following her around as if he couldn’t be separated from her.

Grace couldn’t wait for her parents to fly in the next day. Her mother had always had a way with children and had dedicated her life to it.

‘What time are your parents flying in tomorrow?’ Brendon asked after dinner while Grace did the dishes and Caleb sat on the counter top next to the sink.

‘Their flight lands at 9:15 in the morning. I’ll probably drop dad off and then run to the grocery store since I didn’t get to go today.’ Grace said as Brendon wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and laid his chin on her shoulder.

‘Alright.’

‘That reminds me. You’d better get rid of that package of cookies in the cabinet. You know how my mom is with store bought cookies, she’ll go nuts.’

‘alright I think the boys and I can manage that.’

‘Brendon, don’t give them a bunch of sugar. It’s almost bedtime.’

‘Don’t worry babe.’ Brendon kissed her cheek before walking over to the cabinet. Grace dried her hands and looked over at Caleb.

‘Baby, do you want a cookie?’ she asked. Caleb nodded, not speaking a word. Grace picked him up off the cabinet and set him down. He walked over to the table and crawled up into the chair waiting for Brendon to hand him his cookies while Grace got some milk for the two boys. Grace watched as Brendon kissed the side of Caleb’s face causing him to giggle silently from Brendon’s scruffy face.

As the boys ate their cookies, Grace watched them. Chace had been chatting all day long. It amazed Grace that he had so much to talk about. Grace had spent most of the day working at the office, Caleb with her. Chace felt it necessary to fill her in on everything they had done the entire day. He talked about everything from the birds he fed in the back yard to the people he met at the studio with dad.

Grace felt herself becoming emotional because even though he’d only been there for two days, Grace knew it was going to be an uphill battle with Caleb’s bashfulness.

An hour later both boys were bathed with teeth brushed and ready for bed, Grace kissed Brendon goodnight before kissing Chace and taking Caleb up the stairs. It was his turn to talk. It was almost like he was afraid to talk in front of Brendon.

‘Do you want to come with me tomorrow to get Grandma and Grandpa Brady?’ Grace asked as she held Caleb on the bed.

‘Uh huh.’ Caleb said.

‘Alright.’

‘I want mommy.’ Caleb cried.

‘Baby…’

‘I miff her.’

‘I know you do baby. You can talk to her anytime you want too.’

‘You my new mommy now.’

‘I am and I love you very, very much.’

‘Does daddy wub me?’

‘He loves to a lot too.’

‘Promise?’

‘I promise.’

‘Can I do ask him?’

‘Sure. Let’s go baby, we’ll go talk to daddy.’ Grace picked Caleb up and walked down the stairs and into their bedroom. Brendon was reading a story to Chace.

‘Hey.’ He smiled as he put the book down. Grace sat Caleb on the bed and watched as he walked over and sat down on Brendon’s legs. ‘Hey buddy.’ Brendon’s sentence was cut off with Caleb threw his arms around Brendon’s neck. Brendon hugged Caleb’s small body rocking him gently before he kissed his head. ‘What’s the matter?’

‘I wub you.’ Caleb cried.

‘I wub you, too, buddy.’ Brendon smiled. Brendon looked over at Grace as she smiled getting under the blankets on her side of the bed with Chace between them while Brendon lay down with Caleb.

7:45 rolled around a lot earlier than Grace wanted. She managed to shower with out Caleb waking up as he slept sprawled out across Brendon’s legs. As she stepped out of the shower, she did everything in her power not to make a sound. She didn’t even turn on her tooth brush as she brushed her teeth though she nearly screamed when Brendon wrapped one arm around her waist and the other hand over her mouth.

‘Shhhh…they are still both asleep.’ He whispered taking his hand off her mouth before quickly crashing his lips to hers.

Having children in the house had caused Grace and Brendon to revert to whatever they could to be together including silently in the bathroom.

‘I’m going to be late.’ Grace mumbled as she fluffed her naturally slightly curly hair after they had finished and gotten dressed.

‘But we needed it.’ Brendon whispered standing next to her.

‘This is true.’ Grace walked out of the bathroom just as Caleb was waking up. He saw her starting to walk out of the bedroom and started to cry while calling her name. ‘Baby, baby, what’s wrong?’

‘Are you weebing me?’

‘Of course not sweetie, I was going to get you some clothes so I could get you dressed.’

‘Don’t weeb me.’ Caleb cried waking Chace up in the process. Grace picked Caleb up off the bed and carried him out to get him dressed.

‘Caleb, are you sure you don’t want to stay with daddy and Chace?’

‘No, I wanna go wiff you.’

‘Alright baby, let’s go get ready to go.’

Grace dressed Caleb in some of the new clothes she bought him before tying the laces on his new converse. Grace set him on the bed and looked at him. He smiled at her before she pulled him into a hug.

‘I love you, honey.’ She whispered kissing the side of his head.

Grace couldn’t help but smile. This is what she had always wanted though it wasn’t perfect quite yet but everything would be sooner or later.

********8

Now that you've read my new update I want you guys to go read the story called Deceiving by goodgollyitsholly. It's a really good story and she's a really good writer. It's a great, great, great story. I know you guys will love it so go read! And i'll update again tomorrow
Sign up to rate and review this story