Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

I may be sad but I'm not weak

by disturbedangel6 3 reviews

Nicole doesn't need a therapist.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-03-02 - Updated: 2009-03-02 - 1182 words

0Unrated
My head was so groggy, if that was even a word. It felt like I had a hangover but I knew I didn't. It was because I was crying all last night with Toni and Maria beside me. They were such good friends. I groaned and held my head with my hand but gripping my head. I noticed that the girls weren't here with me. I was confused because I knew they have fallen asleep with me. Maybe they got up early... Toni is a morning person anyway.
I shrugged and made my way to the bathroom but didn't make it when I heard Maria from the lounge room. I stood where I was to not make a noise as I listened, I was overly glad that I was out of sight.
"Yes, we're her flat mates and long time friends. We really need your help," I heard Maria say.
After a few more seconds I noticed that she was on the phone. I raised my eyebrows and was suddenyl curious as to who she might be speaking to.
"She's desperate and we don't know what to do. Just please come and settle this..." she paused to listen to the reciever. "How bad she is? Gosh, where do I start? She just needs immediate attention, you know the whole she can't eat, sleep and cries 24/7. I really don't know what you can do about it."
I decided to not listen anymore. I've had enough. I knew who she was talking to. I tiptoed back to my room to pretend that I was still fast asleep. I lied down and pulled the covers over me. I couldn't believe Maria was calling some therapist! How could she! I don't need immediate help! I'm fine! I'm just in that process of moving on. I sighed and grumbled madly under my breath.
I quickly shut my eyes and pretended to sleep when Maria came into my room with the phone on her ear.
"She's sleeping now, she earned a well deserved rest..." she said and closed the door behind her.
I reopened my eyes. Blah blah! I wish she would shut up. "Now she thinks I'm crazy!" I whispered to myself at the same time as I heard Maria say 'she needs you' down the corridor.
I raised an eyebrow, I don't need a therapist! I'm fine. I rolled in my bed and turned on my ipod to listen to music to let my anger down. I smiled at my favourite song of the moment which was Make-up Smeared Eyes by Automatic Loveletter. I started to mouth the words.
Left your t-shirt in my room
Still smells of you
And the picture you hung on the door
Lay smashed, picture perfect

Explain now, clearly
Nothing left but a memory
We only made out, you never kissed me
And that's how I learnt to hold back all feeling

Wait please don't go
I won't stay
All these words on replay
I'm okay
It's alright
Good to know that you're fine

Pretending everything is right
To make it better
I'll hide my make-up smeared eyes
To show that I'm fine

Don't know how you have managed to get under my skin
More than anyone ever did
And if every hole makes a scar
And if every scar marks it's place
Then I will never live freely without your trace

And it'll never be fair
I wrote my songs for you
And you never even cared
So I'll forget you
I'll wash your t-shirt
And kill the pillow
And cut you out of pictures

Wait, please don't go
I won't stay
All these words on replay
I'm okay, it's alright
Good to know that you're fine

Pretending everything is right
To make it better
I'll hide my make-up smeared eyes
To show that I'm fine

This drama sets shotguns
My eyes rained like autumn
Only the glovebox knows how the story goes oh
Now that this bandage is broken
And the cuts has been left open
Tell you just one thing
This wasn't worth the sting


I knew I was crying by the time the song was finished. I sighed and switched my ipod off. Wiping my tears away, I quickly got out of my room and sneaked into the bathroom.

I watched Maria check her watch anxiously and returned to watching TV. I was suspicious but I didn't say anything. Toni on the other hand looked so excited, she couldn't seem to just sit still on the sofa.
Only 10 minutes passed until I was infuriated and sighed sharply which made them both bolt their heads to me. Their eyes were round like a rabbits when it notices that there was a incoming car.
"Is there something you aren't telling me?" I asked calmly as I eyes both of them.
"No..." Toni shook her head slowly.
I rolled my eyes. "What's happening?"
"What do you mean what's happening?" Maria asked ever so innocently.
"Don't think I haven't noticed you eagerly checking the time every 2 seconds and Toni jumping around as if she's getting ready for a surprise party," I spat. I was furious. Who could blame me?
"Okay, you got us there!" Toni tried to calm me down.
"Toni you're not supposed to tell her or she'll freak," I heard Maria loudly whisper to her.
Toni gave her an 'it's okay' look.
I stood up, "What the fuck?! What are you hiding from me?" I knew what they were hiding. It had something to do with the 'secret' phonecall to that therapist from the morning.
"Stay calm Nicole," Toni stood up too and gently pushed me back to where I was sitting. "We got a surprise visitor, he wanted to see you because of the state that you're in."
I felt like those patients in the mental institution and I didn't like it one bit.
"He's gonna come about now, so stay calm okay?" Maria added.
And ofcourse I didn't listen.
"You mother fuckers!" I yelled and pushed Toni away from me and stomped towards the front door. I was gonna just get out of here before that stupid therapist came. I wasn't crazy! They were! "I'm not crazy okay?! I'm just fucked up about something and I will get back on my feet!" I didn't care how loud I was yelling as I opened the front door, I slightly turned to the two dumbstruck girls behind me. "I don't need no therapist! I'm fine!" I turned back to almost walk into someone. I nearly choked on my saliva. My heart stopped, literally and so did my breath. My eyes automatically was filled with tears. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. My body was frozen as I stared at the most beautiful man in my life. He came back to me. My mouth and throat was dry but I somehow managed to choke out his name, "Gerard?"








I couldn't hold myself xD
It's short but I was jumpy and I was bored
Please forgive me if it didn't come out as you wanted it


Review anyway?
Sign up to rate and review this story