Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Together, Still I'm On My Own- Chapter 20 up LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!

I Knew It

by lostmyfearoffalling 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-03-06 - Updated: 2009-03-07 - 696 words - Complete

1Exciting




I take a deep breath as I stare at his door. I don’t know what I’m going to find. I can’t even imagine. It scares me to think about, because part of me is afraid I will find him the same way that I did a month ago. Part of me is afraid he won’t be here. Part of me is afraid he’s dead, that he’s killed himself because I wasn’t there to stop him. The thought brings tears to my eyes.
But then I hear a thunking sound from inside, like a cabinet shutting. I hear footsteps, his footsteps. I take another breath, and then I knock on the door.
There’s complete silence inside. I feel like he knows who it is somehow, though I can’t explain it. After another moment of silence, I lift my hand to knock again, just as the door swings open.
And he’s there. He’s not dead.
He looks alright, even if he’s too thin and pale. His hair is slightly more unkempt than it would normally be, but other that, he’s fine.
His almond eyes shine. “I knew it.” He breathes, so softly I’m not even sure that I heard it.
We stare at each other for another moment, as though we’re waiting for the other to disappear.
“Hi.” I say quietly, feeling the need to prove I’m really here.
Gerard’s eyes bore down into mine with an overwhelming intensity, and suddenly I’ve thrown my arms around his neck. His crushes his lips against me, harder than he’s ever done before, but I don’t mind. I twist my fingers into his hair, tangling them violently. He grips my shoulder tightly with one hand, while the other one explores my waist with long slender fingers.
He takes his lips off mine, only to move them to my neck. I feel his tongue sliding along my jaw and I shiver, pressing my face into his neck.
“I’m so sorry Rain.” He breathes into my skin. I feel something hot sliding down my neck, and I realize it’s a tear. Not mine. His.
“I’m sorry. I never should have left, I should’ve stayed with you.”
“No.” He says. “If you never left, I would never have realized it was you that I needed, and not them.”
He pulls his face away from my neck, so that he can stun me by looking me in the eye.
“As soon as you left, I realized how little the booze and the pills did. They ended up making things worse.” I can see the ghost of pain in his eyes.
“So are you…clean now?” I ask awkwardly.
He nods. “I dropped it all out the window two weeks after you left.” Something in his voice warns me not to ask about the two weeks before he got rid of them. I don’t want to know. Because part of me still feels guilty.
But if it fixed him…I tell myself. If it fixed him it was worth it.
I lose my guilt by crushing myself into him. He eagerly takes me back, pressing my chest against his with his hands.
“I’d rather lose everything and still keep you.” He whispers.
I smile as he kisses me. I inhale deeply, realizing how much I missed everything about him, right down to his smell.
“Nothing can ever make me leave you.”
He chuckles softly. “You wouldn’t leave me for me?”
I smile. “Nope. Never.”







WELL EVERYONE, THAT IS IT. I'LL HAVE YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS THE FIRST FIC THAT I HAVE EVER ACTUALLY FINISHED. I ALWAYS STOP RIGHT BEFORE THE END. ANYHOW, I REALLY ENJOYED THIS, BUT I'M ALREADY WORKING ON A NEW ONE. I JUST HAVEN'T POSTED IT YET. I PROBABLY WILL, IN LIKE TWO MINTUES. YEAH. I'M IMPATIENT. BTW-IS NO ONE RATING AND REVIEWING CAUSE IT'S BORING, OR CAUSE YOU'RE NOT READING? ANYHOW, THAT'S IT FOR THIS ONE. MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW ONE, THAT DOESN'T HAVE A TITLE RIGHT NOW. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!
Sign up to rate and review this story