Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Coming to Terms

Chapter 2

by frankismyhomefry 1 review

“Oh holy shit” Ryan muttered once he saw the kids.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-03-12 - Updated: 2009-03-12 - 1267 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Ryan is the only one that really keeps in touch anymore and even then his calls are sporadic. Bren and I never officially broke up, but with how busy we both got it seemed like an unsaid decision that we were over. Or so that’s what I assumed.
I was in the kitchen doing dishes. I had just gotten home from work. The twins were in their room playing with their toys when I heard Monica opening the front door.
“Katie hun you home?” Monica yelled
“In the kitchen” I yelled back. I dried my hands off and made my way towards the door.
“We have a visitor.” She said
“Who….Ryan?” I said. I was completely floored that it was him. I hadn’t seen any of the boys in person since I found out I was pregnant.
“Hey Katiebug” he said as he pulled me into a hug.
“I ran into him at the grocery store. He was lost so I figured id save him before someone else got a hold of him. Are they in their room?” She asked as she eyed me.
“Yeah. Can you check on them for me and uh… try to keep them there” I asked as I led Ryan to the living room.
“How the fuck have you been. You look great!” Ryan said as we sat down
“I’ve been ok. Busy but good. How about you Mr. Rock Star. How’s life treating you? How are the boys doing?” I asked.
“We all miss you like crazy. Life is good though. We are doing what…” Ryan was saying before he got cut off by Lacey and Alex running in.
“Mommy Mommy Mommy!!” they yelled
“Oh holy shit” Ryan muttered once he saw the kids.
“I tried!” Monica yelled from down the hall.
“Oh shit you’re Uncle Ryan” Lacey said.
“Lacey Brynn Urie watch your mouth. Look why don’t you two go watch Aladdin with Aunt Moni whole Mommy and Uncle Ry talk ok?” I said
“Otay Mommy. Come on Lacey” Alex said as he took his sisters hand and pulled her down the hall.
“You…. they…you…are they?” Ryan attempted to stutter out. I took a deep breath and let out a sigh. I knew I had to tell him now. There was no denying it.
“Yes I have kids and yeah they are Brendon’s if you couldn’t already tell that” I softly said.
“I... How? When?” he asked
“Ry I am sure you know how kids come along. And prom night senior year. I found out the day you all left to record. Well not that I was having two but that I was pregnant in general”
“Why haven’t you told him! why didn’t you tell me! Don’t you think he has a right to know that he fathered two kids” Ryan said as his voice rose. I could tell he was upset and pissed beyond belief.
“What would I have said Ryan? You all were kicking off your lives. If I would have told him he would have left and dropped it all. I couldn’t do that to him or the rest of you all. Not after I saw you all work so hard for it. I couldn’t ruin everyone’s dreams so I kept quiet.” I said as I started to cry. Ryan came over and wrapped his arms around me.
“They look just like him. like dead on mini versions” he said.
“I know they do. I'm reminded of him every single day”
“He is still in love with you. I know you probably don’t believe me but he is. He talks about how he misses you all the time. And I think you are still in love with him too.”
“Why would you think that. I haven’t seen him in 3 years much less talked to him that much. And he sure as hell wouldn’t be in love with me if he knew what I was hiding”
“Because you get that spark in your eyes when he is mentioned. And you are still wearing the bracelet he got you for Christmas when we came to Cincinnati.” Ryan said I subconsciously started to play with my bracelet. I haven’t taken it off once since Brendon put it on me.
“Yeah I do still love him” I said in a whisper.
“ you need to tell him Katie. He needs to know. She should be in their lives. I know I want to be.”
“I know. I’ll tell him. I promise”
“Tomorrow?”
“Ry..”
“Hear me out. We have a show here tomorrow. I already gave Monica all access passes for you and her. I’ll send a car to pick the four of you up. Zack will meet you guys at the door and take you all to the stage. After the show you guys can come backstage and you can tell him”
“I don’t have a choice do I?”
“No. cause if you don’t tell him then I will” Ryan said
“ok fine. Tomorrow it is” I said in defeat. I knew Brendon would be even more pissed if he heard it from someone that wasn’t me.
“ so… do they know who Brendon is?” Ryan asked me
“ yeah… I could never keep Brendon from them. They can point each of you out in pictures and they can tell the difference between your voice and his.”
“Can I go see them? I promise to watch the cussing around them”
“Believe me they have heard worse. Come one. Just a warning their room is probably a war zone right now” I said
“ I live on a bus with Brendon, I'm use to it” Ryan said as he followed me to the kids’ room.
“Ry meet your niece and nephew. Alexander Brendon and Lacey Brynn Urie. Alex, Lacey meet your Uncle Ryan” I said
“ Uncle Ry!” Alex said as he ran and jumped on Ryan. Lacey was right behind him
“Uncle Ryan do you know my daddy?” Lacey asked.
“ Yeah I know your daddy very well. How would you like to meet him tomorrow?” Ryan said
“For Real?” both kids said as their eyes lit up.
“Yeah. Mommy and Aunt Monica are going to bring the both of you to see me, your daddy, Uncle Spencer and Jon play music tomorrow”
“Can you play the song where daddy flips off the bed and acts crazy? I love that song” Lacey said
“ no play the one with the clowns” Alex said
“No Alex”
“Yes Lacey”
“Hey how about we play both of them and we will even dedicate them to the two of you” Ryan said
“Ok” they said before Aladdin grabbed their attention again. Ryan and I left the room so they could watch their movie.
“They are so Brendon’s kids. So any clue what the hell songs they were talking about?” Ryan asked which made me laugh.
“Lacey was talking about Nine in the Afternoon. Alex was I Write Sins. Needless to say they watch the music videos a bit too much: I said. Ryan just laughed
“Well I better get going before Zack sends out a search party. I’ll call you tomorrow with more details” Ryan said as we walked to the door.
“Ok” I said
“Everything will work out. I promise you that” Ryan said as he pulled me into a tight hug.
“I hope so Ry” I said. All I know is tomorrow is going to be one hell of a day.
Sign up to rate and review this story