Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 1991

After-the-Party Cleanup

by wheresyourheart 11 reviews

hurry up let's go, then a walk to gerard's

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2009-03-16 - Updated: 2009-04-12 - 1756 words

3Original
I awoke for the second time Saturday morning, aware only of the sun shining in and the empty spot beside me. Leaning up on my elbows, I looked around; Gerard was nowhere in sight. The clothes that he's changed out of last night were no longer in a pile on my floor. A quick glance at the clock told me I had slept until 11 am.

Sighing, I sat up in bad and slowly stood up. I streched my arms above my head, rolled my neck, and went to the bathroom to pee. While washing my hands, I noticed my hair was a little greasy, so I pulled it up into a ponytail, then made my way downstairs. (After brushing my teeth, of course.)

Some people were now awake in the living room, watching MTV and eating leftovers from the night before. I went in the kitchen for a glass of water, then went to join them.

"Hey," I said shyly, taking a sip from my glass.

One guy turned around to look at me. It was Ray Toro. "Good morning, Casey," he said to me, smiling politely.

I smiled, wondering why he knew my real name, and realizing that I had introduced myself as Casey last night. "What's on now?"

"Pop up videos," he replied, shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

I giggled, remembering this show from my younger days. I remember when I was five, six, maybe seven, and my mom would have it on in the living room while she worked on an art project or something. Sitting down in the armchair, I felt all eyes on me and itched my arm. They then turned back to the tv.

"Has anyone seen Gerard?" I asked to no one in particular.

One of the guys next to Ray turned and nodded. "Yeah, he wanted us to tell you that he had to go home, but that he'd call you later," he said.

"Oh, thanks."

"No problem."

"So, Ray, do you know Gerard Way?"

He shook his head no. An interveiw where Gerard said the met when they were in college through a mutual friend came to my mind suddenly.

"Oh. You'll have to meet him some day," I told Ray.

"Yeah," he said, then turned back to the tv and laughed at a video of Micheal Jackson, along with his friends.

Just then Jake walked in and said, "Look, sorry, but you guys are going to have to clear out..." Everyone groaned. "Yeah, well, unless you never want to have another rager again." He turned to me. "Do you know where Lucy is?"

"Lucy?"

Frusteratedly, Jake said, "The housekeeper! Where is she?"

I shrugged.

"Well we need help. Aunt Margerie is coming in less then an hour to check in on us," he said.

My jaw dropped. I didn't know who Aunt Margerie was, but I knew this couldn't be good. This place was trashed. It would take a lot longer than an hour to clean up. "Fuck."

"No shit, Amanda," he said, beginning to pick up random bottles on the ground. "What the fuck are we going to do... Everyone, seriously, help or get out!"

I jumped up, frantically helping Jake with the cleaning.

"I'll call Lucy, she'll help... keep picking up," he said, throwing whatever was into his hands into a bag and passing it to me. He then ran into the kitchen and dialed on the phone.

Taking a deep breath in, I stared, then decided that staring would get me no where and began cleaning.

"Here," Ray said, tossing some bottles into the white plastic bag.

I smiled at him, "Thanks."

"It's the least I can do," he told me, then began waking people up as I filled the bag.

Jake came back in the doorway, said, "Lucy's on her way. Hopefully she doesn't say anything to mom and dad. We'll just threaten to fire her or something. Um..." He looked around. Tired, hungover people were exiting through the front door. Only Ray and one of his friends were staying to help.

"Thanks, dude," Jake said to Ray. Ray nodded and continued.

About ten minutes into cleaning, there was a knock at the door. Jake ran to get it. "Oh, thanks so much for coming, Lucy," I heard him say. In walked a short blonde woman. I said hi to her.

"So uh... you guys had a little gathering here, or something?" She asked, biting her lip.

Jake nodded. "Just a few friends. Um... we just need to get this cleaned up fast because we have a guest coming soon and it needs to look presentable."

She said, "Alright," and gave us all a task. Mine was to gather up all bottles and cans around the house, which I had already been doing.

After about forty minutes of racing around, the house was getting the final touches of vacumming and scrubbing random messes off of the kitchen floor. Jake was going around spraying air freshener to get rid of the smell of beer and pot.

Then there was a hard knock at the door. Everyone froze, knowing it was Aunt Margerie.

"Here goes nothing," Jake said, opening the door.

"Well hello!" our aunt exclaimed, pulling us each into a bearhug. "Who are your friends?"

"Ray, James, and this is Lucy, our housekeeper," Jake replied. He ruffled his hair with his hands.

"Smells like you have been having a party." She said, walking in and closing the door behind us. Jake and I exchanged nervous glances. "A cleaning party, that is!" she giggled. Everyone let out a relieved sigh.

"You miss your mum?" Aunt Margerie asked me.

"Uh, yeah," I answered, giving a slight nod. She titled her head and gave me a pathetic look, "I know, I miss her too. It's hard but it's gotten better, hm?"

"Yeah." I swallowed, praying she'd just go home. I'm pretty sure she knew about the little fiesta last night.

"Where's my cheesecake? Your father said he'd picked me some up back in the city a few days ago," she said, letting out a jolly laugh.

"Oh," Jake turned to the fridge and grabbed a plastic container, "Here you go, is that it?"

Aunt Margerie laughed again, "Yup, that's all I wanted, actually, dear."

"Alright," Jake said, rubbing his cheek.

"I guess I'm off since you don't want me here," we began to say otherwise, but she said, "No, I've get to get my puppy at the groomer's anyway. I'll see you later." She turned to Ray and his friend, James, and said, "Nice to meet you boys."

They both nodded and smiled.

And just like that, Aunt Margerie left.

As soon as she was in her car, Jake said excitedly, "I can't believe we pulled that off!"

I laughed and said, "Oh man, that was the scariest day of my life!"

"Look, man, we've got to get home," Ray said to Jake, giving him a high-five. Jake high-fived James, too.

They began walking by me, Ray said, "Nice meeting you, Casey," he said to me, giving me a high-five aswell.

Jake, looking confused, said, "Casey?"

Ray looked at him, and everyone looked at eachother in a confused way.

"Alright, see you guys later!" I said, then rushed Ray and James out the door. I smiled at Jake and went upstairs to take a shower.



*

After drying my hair and pulling on my new jeans, a belt, a Strokes tee and a gray sweatshirt, I told Jake I was going for a walk. He'd told me to be careful, but I knew how to defend myself (Casey had taken four years of karate) so I ignored him and pranced through the grass to the sidewalk. I didn't know where I was headed, I just wanted to go somewhere. I walked by the field Gerard and I had laid in the night before, and smiled, remembering how he'd sung to me. It was perfect. This was perfect. He was perfect.


I began quietly singing a song that I'd always found cheesy until now,

"If ever you needed to talk
You could talk to me
Oh, could you talk to me?
If ever you feel like you're lost
You can count on me
I’ll find you a way
When the lights go out
In the Universe
I’ll be next to you
I’ll be next to you
And I surrender myself
To you.
"



I rounded the corner and noticed a farmiliar house--- it was the same house in the first version of the I'm Not Okay video.

Someone was in the small front yard, sitting under a tree writing... or sketching. As I came closer, I saw that it was Gerard. He lived so close!

"Gerard?" I said, stopping at the gate.

He looked up from his pad of paper. "Oh, hi Amanda."

"How's it going?"

"Just drawing," he smiled. "I finished the one you wanted to see."

"Really?" I smiled back.

"Yeah, come over here," he told me, motioning with his hand. I looked around for a way to come in. He pointed to the stairs off to my left.

I walked up them and came closer to Gerard, keeled down, and sat Indian-style.

"So let's see it," I said, leaning closer to him. He flipped a couple of pages and passed me the book.

I looked down and his sketch. It was me--- well, Amanda--- sitting at the lunchtable, smiling. It was a very good and accurate drawing, like he'd taken a picture. I had my chin rested in my hand, and I looked just plain happy.

"Wow, that's amazing. Did you really draw this?"

Looking proud of himself, Gerard said, "Yeah. You can have it if you want."

"Really?"

He nodded, grinning.

"Sure, I'd love to have it."

He carefully ripped it out and handed it to me, writing to Amanda, love Gerard on the bottom corner.

"Thanks, Gerard. It's amazing," I said, resting my hand on his. He gave me a kiss.

"Gerard," a whiney little boy's voice said suddenly from the front door of the house, "When are you going to come play with me?"

He sighed, "Want to come meet my little brother?"

"Mikey?" I asked, excited but not showing it, since I didn't want to weird him out.

"Yeah. Prepare yourself," Gerard told me, standing up, then grabbing my hands and helping me up. I bit my lip and let out a giggle. Mikey must be... eleven? Maybe twelve years old?

This ought to be interesting.
Sign up to rate and review this story