Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering 2.0

136:"You are one selfish man Patrick Martin Stump."

by Syn_INC 0 reviews

"Excuse me?" Elisa demanded. "Leave, or I'll have big people remove you. You don't have to leave the hall, but I have big words for- him."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-03-25 - Updated: 2009-03-25 - 1561 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 136
Matt's fingers flew across the keyboard and he started to sing. I closed my eyes as they burned. Not from tears, I just feel as if I've been awake forever. Roman sung his Joe song and I gently shushed him. Matt softly sang and I remembered how beautiful this song was. If I didn't know this song, I would have said these were Joe's words, directly from the heart.

Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make.
And that feeling of doubt, it's erased.
I'll never feel alone again, with you by my side.
You're the one, and in you I confide.

And we have gone through good and bad times.
But your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me.
And your loves always been true as can be.

I give my heart to you.
I give my heart,
cause nothing can compare in this world to you.

Joe pulled away from Gin then and I cocked my head to the side. Pete was standing there and he handed Joe a guitar. Joe did the guitar solo for the song cast and all and Gin put her face in her hand and started to laugh. That was so funny that I had to give it to him. But I still don't know how he did that through his cast. It sounded better than usual.
Rome stood on my lap and started to clap saying 'Joooooe!'. I shushed Rome again and he got quite. I keep telling everyone, Rome is Joe's biggest fan, weather he's getting married, or giving little people baths, this is what he's here for. To amuse my son.
Matt continued to sing and Rome just yawned.

And we have gone through good and bad times.
But your unconditional love, was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me.
And your loves always been true as can be.

I give my heart to you.
I give my heart,
cause nothing can compare in this world to you.

I give my heart to you.
I give my heart,
cause nothing can compare in this world to you.

"Thank you Joe." Gin whispered in his ear when their dance was done.
"Anything for the wife...right?"
"Yea. Rome was clapping for you the whole time."
"I know. What can I say? The kid loves me. I can do no wrong."
"Exactly."
*
It was the middle of the night and everyone was getting tired. I still had Roman when I handed him off to my brother and grabbed Sofi from my mom, she wouldn't stop crying. I really hope she wasn't coming down with something, because Sofi didn't cry like this. There's only one person who could put her to sleep when she was in one of her moods and he was getting his jacket on.
I watched Joe walk over to Patrick with a smile that seemed fake for some reason. Patrick then put his jacket down and Elisa seemed to freak out, in a non crazy type of way. Joe inhaled deeply and went to find Gin who was feeding Shia at one of the tables.
"You OK husband?" Gin asked with a grin touching Joe's face.
"Doesn't that hurt?" Joe questioned shifting his problem elsewhere.
"What?"
"Brest-feeding like that."
Gin kissed Joe on the cheek lightly and told him to go fetch Noah. When all the Trohman's were fed, they were taken away into another room and put down to sleep.
I was huddled around the 7 tiered cake and wonder how Gin pulled strings to have Duff "Ace of Cakes" Goldman make her cake. I guess, being Jewish, you help your people out and so on, but this cake was just ridiculous, 5 days to make if I remember correctly.
It was in this side room area that I saw him as I tried my damndest to rock Sofi back and forth, this just made her more and more angry. As I kept a smile on my face Elisa was working her dirty little magic, Patrick was going for his jacket once again.
"Here Patrick." I softly said as I handed Sofi to him, her little arms outstretched only for him.
Patrick had her for about 30 seconds when she wouldn't settle down and Elisa had that look on her face. I saw Patrick groan annoyed as he tried to hand Sofi back to me just as fast.
"I can't...no Cali, can't you keep her?" Patrick stated not even looking at his daughter who was desperatly crying for his attention.
"Are you kidding?" I demanded.
"Im leaving."
"That sir is obvious, but just put her to sleep and you can leave."
"We've got somewhere else to go-" Elisa interjected.
Dismissing what Elisa said I pushed Patrick in his shoulder hoping he'd just come to grips with what was happening.
"Patrick, just put her to sleep, she's fucking crying. She just wants you it will take you 10 minutes tops. That's it, please." I begged.
I was begging.
I was begging because this was his daughter and I didn't want him to ruin his best friends wedding. But seeing as he didn't do the song for them he had been practicing for 2 weeks, it probably didn't matter much to him at all. He had already checked out of this life. Putting a 10 month old to sleep was beyond his qualifications.
Joe watched the scene he couldn't believe that THIS was the same Patrick. Elisa sat on the chair in that room and made sick, nasty remarks. I looked on the edge of tears and his boys were stirring. There was no use in waking them.
"I've got you Lady." Joe said swooping in from nowhere.
Sofi fought him lightly, crying, looked at Patrick and then looked up to the blue eyes that somehow always reminded her of home. I put my face in my hand and wiped back the tears. Patrick rolled his eyes and Elisa walked over to him defiantly.
"Can we leave?" Elisa asked, "or at least get the baby to quiet down?"
"Don't. Even." Joe said dangerously, his words needing no more explanation.
I had walked away because 1, I needed to use the washroom, and 2, I didn't want to give Elisa the joy of her EVER seeing me cry. I was too strong for her to see me at my most weakest. She'd never know that my Achellies' heel was the man who refused to put his 10 month old daughter to sleep.
The last person anyone expected to be in the gravity of this room finally showed up. She didn't walk into the room she just stood outside the door and watched her son act the way he did and it aged her years with every word he spoke. Joe saw her, and decided to try it one more time. Maybe Patrick wasn't understanding this properly.
"Patrick, take her. I've got to get back to things." Joe stated.
"Patrick," Elisa started, "we should go soon."
"Yea- umm..."
"So you're NOT going to put your daughter to sleep?" I demanded again walking back into the room through another set of doors.
"I mean, no. I don't see how I can make this any more clear to you. Can't you do it?" Patrick asked, "I have to go-"
"You...need to walk out. NOW." Joe said to Elisa through his teeth.
Elisa started to protest but something in the way Joe held himself said 'don't FUCK with me'. Patrick was following her out when Joe, extending his arm and caught Patrick mid-chest.
"And you Paco, you stay." Joe whispered.
"Excuse me?" Elisa demanded.
"Leave, or I'll have big people remove you. You don't have to leave the hall, but I have big words for- him."
Elisa huffed loudly, which startled Sofi and she started to cry again. Joe swung her back and forth hoping the swaying motion would work, and it didn't. After a little bit Joe finally gave me Sofia and she sniffled. I put her down in the pack n' play as she whimpered off to sleep. Her little chest rose and fell dramatically as I started to walk out the room wishing I had a moment to sob like that.
"You are one selfish man Patrick Martin Stump." I said wiping the sides of my eyes.
"Fuck you Calista Rodriguez." Patrick suddenly stated.
I've never heard my name spoken with such hate and malice and I didn't want it to be mine anymore. I was so tired of Dr. Vaughn Stump Jekell and Mr. Martin Stump Hyde that I just turned my back on him.
"No Cariño. Not anymore." I concluded.
As Patrick tried to make his way out the room his attempt again was short lived when Joe spoke.
"Patrick I've been your best friend. Your only Allie in what's been going on with Cali and this is how you repay me, by bringing her- to this most JOYOUS occasion. I feel as if I've been quiet for too long and taken your shit for the same amount of time. This was a long time coming- you didn't even want to put your daughter to- no, after this- I suggest we take a break. For me, my marriage and my kids, I can't fight with you anymore." Joe said defeated.
Sign up to rate and review this story