Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Butterflies

by jajajajaime16 8 reviews

More emails. REVIEW GOD DAMMIT!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-03-30 - Updated: 2009-04-18 - 1144 words - Complete

5Original
CHAPTER 4!!!!

"You did what?!?" Gerard yelled to Mikey, who was still sitting at their computer with a cheeky grin on his face.

"All I did was email her. I can't see why you're freaking out about it if you don't like her..." Mikey trailed off, knowing he was right.

Gerard closed his eyes and breathed deeply in an effort to cam himself. "Mikes, what exactly did you say to her?"

"I'll only show you if you just admit it..."

"Fine! Maybe I like her." Who are you kidding, you douche? Gerard thought.

"Okay then. That's all I wanted. Well...here's what I sent to her. Oh, and if you're wondering where I got her screen name, Frank told me. He knows everyone." Mikey clicked on a few different boxes until his email was up on the screen.

Gerard read it quickly, resisting the urge to strangle his little brother at certain sentences. He realized that Mikey could have done much, much worse.

"So...?" Mikey said expectantly.

"I hate you," Gerard sighed, even though they both knew he didn't mean it at all.

"Love you too, Gee," Mikey laughed.

"Sorry, but you're not my type." Gerard smiled.

"Oh, shut up, you know I'm pretty," Mikey joked.

They stopped their teasing and Gerard lost the grin.

"Now I've gotta go talk to her and clean up your mess."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Gerard sat staring at the computer screen, not sure what to say to Dani.

It took him another five minutes of doing absolutely nothing before he knew what to type. His fingers danced slowly over the keyboard...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

An hour later, a loud ping from the computer snapped Mikey back to reality. He'd been daydreaming.

Dang, she already replied? he thought, surprised. He double clicked on the email from Dani and read it over.

From: xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex
To: blind_anthrax_geek

Who the fuck do u think u r?!?!? u don't know me! leave me alone! i don't need to be ur friend, and i don't want you to be mine! wat'd i ever do 2 u? srsly, u do seem like a stalker. who r u anyway?

Mikey felt slightly nervous, considering her outburst, but he smiled to himself and began thinking of a response.

From: blind_anthrax_geek
To: xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex

Hmm...well. that's nice. as much as you obviously hate me, i still think ur a nice person... and i'd still like to be friends. Oh, and i'm Mikey. Way. my brother's Gerard. and i'm not supposed to be telling you this, but i think he wants to be more than your friend, actually. i'm pretty shy, ok, so go easy on me. Please?
here's something to cheer you up- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Gerard waited a whole hour before he decided to go back into the den and check his email. He spent those sixty minutes pacing in his room, looking for something to do.

He had ended up drawing a strange picture. It showed an empty room with nothing but a broken mirror and then a foreboding shadow of a man with his hand raised over a girl hunched over in fear. He wasn't sure what it meant. Usually most of his drawings were like that. They just came to him, and hardly ever made any sense.

He logged on and was relived to find the reply from Dani waiting for him in his inbox. The relief only lasted for a brief moment as he quickly realized just how much she seemed to hate not only him, but the world. He didn't let it get to him, though. He typed a reply quickly.

From: JerseyKid666
To: xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex

I understand that you don't feel like letting anyone in your life, but would it really be so bad for me to just get to know you? That's all I'm asking for. A chance to know you. And I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty. I don't want to. And...I'm not giving up on you that easily.

Without a second thought, he pressed send. He sat back from the computer for a minute, gathering his emotions. Something's going on with her, he thought. I don't know what, but I can tell it's something.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Ugh!" Dani screamed at the computer. It had only been a few minutes and a reply from Mikey was already waiting for her. She added both him and Gerard to her empty buddy list, not because she was going to be their 'buddy' but because that way she would know when they were online just by looking over to the right side of her screen. Damn, they're both online.

She considered leaving, but sighed and opened Mikey's message. She laughed unwillingly at his adorable awkwardness. Adorable awkwardness? No way, Dani.

The YouTube link took her to the Harry Potter Puppet Pals, one of the most retarded things she'd witnessed in a long time, but she did have to admit that it made her snicker at least once.

She didn't bother emailing him back. It would only encourage more conversation. Just cut yourself off while you still can, she thought. Before she could sign off and put her computer away, low and behold, there it was, from JerseyKid666.

Dani was speechless, a rarity for her. He was obviously determined. His last sentence made her smile and for a reason unknown to her, she felt a stirring in her stomach.

Butterflies. Gerard Way just gave me fucking butterflies.

It took her a minute to compose herself and enter something into the blank response box. But she couldn't think of anything to say. As much as she didn't want to let him anywhere near her, some part of her brain kept saying otherwise. She argued with herself for a few more minutes. Ah, fuck it.

From: xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex
To: JerseyKid666

I still don't know, but I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow. And maybe we'll go from there.

Despite her better judgment, she hit send and actually smiled about going to school the next day.


Doesn't Gerard give you butterflies? Doesn't everyone want to smile at Mikey's adorable awkwardness? Anyway, I rather liked this chapter. If you are confused, this is Gerard and Mikey in highschool NOWADAYS, not when they actually went to school, which must have been... early-mid 90s? Correct me if I'm wrong. But this is them in school in good ole 2009. Just in case someone didn't get it. I am still obsessed with writing the fic, but it takes me forever to edit it. But to save me some time, I stopped writing it down and I'm just typing it. I got some more reviews, and that=more encouragement. So keep it up, you know who you are(since there was only two of you *COUGH COUGH LAZY OTHERS WHO DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER*)So please do. Review, I mean.
Sign up to rate and review this story