Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Unusual You

Smokey Bear

by caitmonsterrr 4 reviews

frank's first day at belleville high...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-04-07 - Updated: 2009-04-07 - 847 words

0Unrated
Frank woke up the next morning in a warm sleeping bag on account that the movers had yet to arrive with the beds and other essential furniture. He lifted his arms above his head, groaning as he stretched. Glancing at the clock placed next to him on the floor, he read the time 6:45, which gave him abut 45 minutes to get ready for school.

He lifted himself from his makeshift bed and shivered slightly as his topless body got accustomed to the change in temperature.

He went across the hall to the tight bathroom and prepared to take a shower. Slowly, he pulled his plaid boxers down over his thighs and reached to turn on the water. Climbing in, he felt welcomed by the warm water rushing over him.

***

The tall doors of Belleville High School did little but intimidate Frank. He shook slightly, nervous about going to a new school, but he was excited that this was a new start, a new chance to be anything he wanted—someone exciting and action-packed. Standing, staring at the black metal doors, he finally conjured up enough nerve to actually walk through them.

When opening the doors, Frank was overwhelmed by oceans of teenagers and the horrid smell of the boys’ restroom, which was so conveniently placed near the entrance. He sucked in air, feeling desperate for a smoke, and began walking to the school attendance office to receive his schedule.

He walked down the long hall, the office getting nearer and nearer. Upon reaching his destination, Frank twisted the cool knob and pushed open the door. He stepped through the threshold with his head down, and when he looked up cautiously, he was greeted by the warm smile of a pretty, middle-aged secretary. Shyly, he made his way over to the front desk.

“Uh, I just transferred here,” Frank stated softly, fingering the collar of his yellow polo.

“Are you Frank Iero?” the secretary asked. Frank thought she was beautiful, her brown curls falling perfectly over he soft shoulders. He wondered if she’d ever had a “thing” with a student...or if she ever would.

“Y-yes,” he stuttered, transfixed by her beauty and by his nervousness.

“Okay, great. Here’s your schedule.” She handed over to Frank a thin sheet of paper. He glanced over it, confused by the room numbers and basically everything else on the slip. Damn, this is a confusing school, he thought. “Would you like someone to help you around the first day?” she asked him caringly, sensing his uneasiness.

“Yes please,” Frank answered, grateful he wouldn’t have to do this alone.

“Alright,” she smiled. She began flipping through her computer to look for a student who had at least several of the same classes as Frank. When she finally found someone who matched pretty well, she made an announcement of the school’s loudspeaker. “Mikey Way, please come to the attendance office.”

Frank smiled warily and thanked her as he waited for this “Mikey Way” person to appear. Hearing the click of the door, Frank turned to the sound and was met by the eyes of the guy he had given a cigarette to the previous day. Was this Mikey?

“Hello, Mikey,” the secretary smiled warmly, conforming Frank’s unspoken question.

“Good morning, Mrs. Benedetto.”

“This is Frank,” Mrs. Benedetto motioned towards Frank. “He’s new here and needs someone to show him around. He has most of his classes with you, so we thought you’d be a good choice. Is that alright with you?”

“Oh yeah, it’s fine. So we should get going, yes?” Mikey said, turning towards Frank.

“Sounds good,” Frank nodded.

The pair walked out of the office after saying thief goodbyes to Mrs. Benedetto. When walking down the hall to their first class, Mikey stated, “You look really familiar. Do I know you or something?”

Frank looked down to Mikey’s shirt. Anthrax. “Uh yeah. You bummed a cig from me yesterday.”

“OH! SMOKEY BEAR!” the Anthrax-obsessed teen exclaimed.

“What?” Frank asked, genuinely confused as hell.

“Nothing,” Mikey mumbled. Perking up again, he changed the subject. “So Frank, what kind of music are you into?”

Frank responded, “Um, Lil’ Wayne, Soulja Boy, Flo Rida. You know, stuff like that.”

“Ah gotcha.” The skinny boy lowered his voice once again, “He’s not going to like that.”

“Who’s not gonna like what?”

“Nobody. Nevermind. Anyway, I’m you neighbor.”

“Oh cool...?”

“Yeah. Here we are!” Mikey exclaimed as the pair made their way to the English classroom. The taller boy pulled open the door and marched up to the teacher, explaining how Frank was new and he needed a seat. Frank walked slowly into the room and glanced around.

All of the sudden, Frank heard a loud scream as he was pushed to the floor by a guy yelling “SMOKEY BEAR!” in his ear. What the fuck?







a/n: thanks for the reviews guys! the next chapter will be up tomorrow. and it's in frank's POV cuz i got bored of third person. haha.

XoXo caitmo
Sign up to rate and review this story