Categories > Original > Drama > Play: Full-Framed Glasses.

Scene Ten.

by xl0nelywriterx 0 reviews

You'll see.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-10 - Updated: 2009-04-11 - 451 words

0Unrated
SCENE TEN.

Lights up. Diane is in a chair, center. Spotlight on Diane.

DIANE. Sorry, I was a little...(beat) Yeah, I'm sorry. (two beats) It's just...in high school, I never went to my guidance consular. Because I just felt like that they talk to each other, they...being the teachers, and it's just like telling everyone you're business and that's almost worse to have teachers know about all your business than the students. But now that I'm twenty-one, I don't have that problem. (beat) I didn't have any friends in college, really. I had about three. Three regular friends. (two beats) Christine went to go be some sort of musician in...I think, Minnesota, where her aunt lives, I don't know really what Miley's been doing these days...I think she's operating a music studio with her boyfriend...that's what she was really good at. And then, there was Leena. (two beats) Well, Leena did impact my life...but I haven't talked to her. She moved to California with her boyfriend. We used to be pretty close. She was the only person I felt for. I don't feel for people, I mean, Christine and Miley I both kinda drifted from. We were only casual friends. But Leena and I would do everything together, and we'd hang out with my friend Reba--who I went to high school with, Reba's been my friend for...for ever now. Since I was four. (two beats) But the truth is, Reba just isn't that good at anything. She's pretty smart, but she's not appealing. She's held-back, she's scared to go out and see anything, she's had one boyfriend, Jack. And she just is so plain. She has so much potiental. She only drank when me and Leena drank together...Reba was dead weight on me for all of high school. I mean, like, she would make me feel guilty when I would hang out with someone different...in our freshman year we just totally, for the first half of the year, split. She'd try to talk shit about me to other people, but she looked so pathetic. (two beats) Leena and I tried to do everything together. But, when we graduated--I told Leena we couldn't be friends. I loved Leena. Leena loved me too, she wanted to...she wanted to be me. She wanted to just embody herself in me, and she wanted to trust me and...and when it comes to people who trust me that much, I can't do it. And that's what I'm starting to feel with this new girl at work, Nadine. (two beats) But, I really think I understand her...(two beats) Well, Nadine is kind of...(lights fade)
Sign up to rate and review this story