Categories > Original > Drama > Play: Full-Framed Glasses.

Scene Eleven.

by xl0nelywriterx 0 reviews

You'll see.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-10 - Updated: 2009-04-11 - 417 words

0Unrated
SCENE ELEVEN.

Lights up. Diane and Nadine are at their respective desks. They are packed up, ready to go.

NADINE. Well, I guess—
DIANE. —Yeah,
NADINE. —I guess I'll—
DIANE. —Well—
NADINE. See you some other time.
DIANE. Well , I promise I'm going to eat lunch with you guys whenever I can.
NADINE. IM me on the job.
DIANE. I will.
NADINE. It's been really fun.
DIANE. I mean…I'm only a floor a way.
NADINE. If you want, here's my number. (She rips off a piece of paper and writes her number down, she gives it to Diane)
DIANE. Thanks.
NADINE. Bye. (They hug)

(Nadine takes her bag and she goes off left. Diane gets her bag from below her desk and starts packing up. Darren enters right)

DARREN. Diane?
DIANE. Hey.
DARREN. Hi, so...
DIANE. Um, I just--
DARREN. Yeah. Do you need help packing up? I have a lot of boxes in my office...we'll just leave them there until Monday.
DIANE. Yeah. Sure. Thanks.
DARREN. (after a few beats) I'm really excited about this.
DIANE. Yeah.
DARREN. I have a good feeling, Diane. You're fresh...you're new...you're smart. You're just...
DIANE. Yeah.
DARREN. (two beats) You don't--(beat) You don't wanna do this, do you? Are you ready?
DIANE. Yeah.
DARREN. No, you're not.
DIANE. I...
DARREN. What?
DIANE. I've just been here for two weeks.
DARREN. I wasn't sure it was time either.
DIANE. Yeah.
DARREN. I mean, I don't know. Are you mad at me for rushing you?
DIANE. What? No.
DARREN. It wasn't my idea. (a few beats) It was Walker's.
DIANE. Really?
DARREN. Yeah.
DIANE. Wow.
DARREN. Yeah.
DIANE. Why? Why did...(a few beats) So, we're not going to go through with it?
DARREN. Not if you don't want to.
DIANE. I just want to spend a little more time getting to really know the office beofre I make the decision. How long does it take people, normally, to get done with their internship?
DARREN. Usually about six months to a year. You're the only case where this has happened, at least...to my knowledge. But, I think that you're an intellegent girl, and you'll do what's right.
DIANE. Sometimes I crack under pressure.
DARREN. We all do.
DIANE. Yeah.
DARREN. You can talk to me anytime you need to, you know...I mean, as...friends.
DIANE. Thanks.
DARREN. There's just something that you remind me of, that I just--
DIANE. I should get going.

(Lights fade)
Sign up to rate and review this story