Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grow Up Too Fast

Halo Makes Everything Better

by lostmyfearoffalling 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-15 - Updated: 2009-04-15 - 1753 words

4Exciting
Ok so this is part two of "I just know I'm gonna regret this". So read that first if you want this to make any sense. Love you all...xoxo

Charley's POV

Each pulse of blood in my veins feels like someone is bringing a hammer down on my head, full force. My mouth is dryer than ever, and I feel hot. I have absolutely no idea where I am.

I push the covers off me with heavy arms, and roll over. A little too far. Suddenly I'm falling, and I hit the floor with a huge thump. All of my breath whooshes out of me.

"Charley? Are you okay?" I hear footsteps and all of the sudden I feel someones's breath in my face. "Charley?" Someone says worriedly.

I try to say something, but it just comes out as a moan.

"It's Mikey, Charley. " He sighs. "Come on, let's get you up off the floor. I feel skinny arms lifting me up, and then I'm back on a soft surface. I force my eyes open, and then I wish I hadn't, because the light is like knives coming at my eyes and my brain. I moan, and throw my hands up over my face.

Mikey laughs softly. "You're just like Gerard." I feel pressure on the bed, and I ease my eyes open. Sure enough, Mikey is sitting next to me, with something like a smirk.

Everything comes back to me, all at the same time. I remember going to the party, and Zander kissing Ashley Vanderbuilt. I remember getting my first beer, and somewhere in there, getting into and winning a drinking contest. Blame it on my dad.

What I don't remember is how the hell I got to my uncle's house. I'm not worried about that though. I'm sort of worried I'm about to get busted for drinking. But mostly, I'm worried about Zander. Or pissed off and worried. A combination of the two, with some extra disorientation.

I bite my lip, and say, "How'd I get here Mikey?"

He grins. "You called me and had me pick you up. "

"I did? I'm responsible." I attempted to set myself up, so that I wouldn't get in as much trouble.

Mikey snorts. "Yeah..." He looks sort of uncomfortable. This is his first time having to deal with any sort of discipline with me. He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, like he always does. "Yeah. Good job calling me." He doesn't know what else to say, and I figure I'm not gonna get in any major trouble from him, so I decide to be blunt.

"Is Dad really pissed at me?"

Mikey sighs. "I don't think so. He said he was a little upset, but he didn't want to be a hypocrite."

I suddenly was reminded of what a big problem my dad had with alcohol and drugs. I immediately felt terrible for doing that to Mikey. It must have been like a bad flashback, picking me and having me be so drunk like that. I can feel myself blushing.

"Where is dad?" I ask.

"Right here." I hear a voice say, and my dad appears in my line of sight. Sometimes, it's creepy looking at him, because I feel like I'm looking into a mirror that ages you and gives you a sex change. My cheeks get hotter as Mikey smiles at me and gets up, to be replaced by dad.

"So...what happened last night?" Dad asks me.

"I went to a party...and got drunk." I clear my throat, embarassed by how thick my voice sounds.

Dad plays with his hair and looks away from me. I know he sees a mirror right now too; on things he probably doesn't want to look back on. And definitely not in me.

"Why'd you drink Charley? That doesn't seem like you..." He looks back at me now, and I have to look away, because I feel terrible. He's not mad at me, but I can see how I've hurt him with this, how I've let him down.

I feel even worse because I can't tell him the truth. "Everyone was drinking...I don't know. I just tried it. And I sort of liked it..." It's a lame excuse. I can tell he doesn't buy it, but he doesn't call me out on it either.

"You aren't gonna do it again, are you?" Dad says. There's so much emotion in his voice.

I shake my head, unable to speak. He stands, kisses me on the forehead, and practically runs into the kitchen where Mikey is.

I feel sick again, because I've made my Dad miserable. How stupid am I?

My ears prick, and I can hear my dad and Mikey in the kitchen.

My dad is sobbing, and his voice is muffled; I think Mikey must be holding him.

"... don't want that to happen to her. I don't want her to have to go through that."

Mikey's voice is quiet. "Gee, that's not gonna happen. She's not gonna do it again. She's like you, but she's not you. Don't worry."

"But she looks just like me right now Mikes. How many times did you do that for me? Pick me up from somewhere, take me home, hold me while I puked? It just scares me."

There's a moment of silence. Finally, Mikey's voice comes through. "I know. It scared me too."

Tears wash down my cheeks, leaving me feeling pathetic and miserable. To make things even better, I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. I open it to see three text messages, all from Zander.

The first one reads : Charley, it's Zander. Please call me. I'm really sorry.

The next one: I didn't mean to leave you like that. I was stupid. I got drunk.

The last: I understand if you're mad. Just let me talk to you. I'm sorry.

I close my eyes and grip my phone tightly in my hand, feeling lost. I can't handle this. I can't deal with this. I need help. This requires the assistance of a certain Ray Toro.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I showered, I asked Mikey to drive me to Ray's house. I told him I was going there to hang out, but I think he knew that wasn't the only reason. Ray has always been the easiest to talk to. He never judges you on anything, and he's so mellow. He gets people pretty good too.

I could hear the video games from inside, and I knew he wouldn't hear if I knocked. I tried the door, but it was locked. Ray always locked doors. Once a Jersey boy, always a Jersey boy. I groan, because the noise from inside his house is killing my head.

I walk around to the side, and bang on the window.

"Ray!!!!! Ray! Let me in!" I have to jump up to see into his house; he has high windows, and I can barely make of the top of his afro over the ledge. I'm tired out just from a few jumps; still screwed up from last night. I force myself to jump up a few more times, and Ray still doesn't hear me. I go back to the front, banging a few times, until I finally get too tired. I lean back against the door, taking my phone out of my pocket. I cross my fingers as I press my sixth speed dial, praying Ray has his phone in his pocket and on vibrate.

"Yeah?" Ray answers. He knows it's me, so he has no cause to be formal.

"I've been trying to get in for the last fifteen minutes."

"Really? Sorry about that. Hold on." Mercifully, the sound dissapears from inside the house. The door swings open, just in time for me to see Ray hang up his phone.

"Come in Charley." He says, holding the door for me. I go and sit down on his couch, curling up with me knees against my chest. Ray smiles.

"So this is one of those visits, huh?"

I nod.

"Am I going to get some stunning information about why you decided to get drunk off your ass last night?" He grins, and I groan, putting my head on my knee caps.

"Does everyone already know?" I say, not lifting my head.

"Um...not if you're referring to literally everyone. But if you're talking about me, your dad, Mikey, Frank, and Bob then yeah, everyone knows."

I sigh, and look up at Ray. He sits down next to me, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"How you enjoying your first hangover?"

"It sucks." I say seriously. He laughs.

"So, what really happened last night, without the peer pressure crap you gave Gee." It still confuses me, because half the time, they all refer to my dad as "my dad", but the other half, they call him Gerard, or Gee.

I sigh. "I didn't want to go."

Ray looks more serious now. "None of us thought you went of your own accord."

"Zander dragged me with him." Annoyingly, tears appear in my eyes when I say Zander's name.

Ray tightens his arm around me. "Just a guess, would Zander be part of the problem?"

I nod. "He was kissing a girl."

Ray tries to play dumb. "Did you think he was gay?"

I give him a tiny smile. "No. He was kissing a girl I hate."

"Oh..." Ray says. He moves his hair back a little bit, so I can breathe. "Just another guess, do you maybe like Zander?"

I sigh again. "I don't know."

"That's crap Charley." Ray says, raising his eyebrows.

I blow a bunch of air out of my mouth. "Ok. Yeah. I guess I do."

As if on cue, my phone buzzes. I pull it out of my pocket, and sure enough, it's another message from Zander. I groan, putting my head down again.

"That's him, isn't it?" Ray asks.

"Mhm." I say.

"Well, I have some advice ok?"

"I'm all ears."

Ray smiles. "Well, maybe Zander likes you too, and he was trying to make you jealous. Still though, you should talk to him. He's trying to make up for it. Give him a chance to explain."

"Is that it?" I ask him.

Ray laughs. "Noooo..."

"Well, what's the other part?"

He grins at me, brandishing the XBOX contoller. "Halo makes everything better."



Hope you liked it. Rate first, review second! I know some of you have to have some points to spare!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story