Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grow Up Too Fast

Babysitting

by lostmyfearoffalling 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-19 - Updated: 2009-04-19 - 1720 words

3Moving
Sorry it's been so long. I was really busy...Still I've got another one-shot for you..
"So, yeah Bob call me if you need anything." Gerard looks at me, and snorts. "I never thought I'd be saying that."

"What?" I ask, sort of defensive.

"I never thought I'd have a kid, first of all. And I never thought that you'd be babysitting her." Gee looks lovingly at Charley, ruffling her hair. He kneels down and puts his hands on her shoulders. "You be good, ok?"

Charley nods. "I'll play with Bobert." I have to admit, sometimes I don't like little kids. But for a six year old, Charley's pretty sweet. I don't mind watching her one bit.

Gee stands up and brushes himself off.

"Have fun at your signing." I say, smirking at him.

"I will." Gerard says smugly, waving as he walks out the door.

Charley watches her Dad leave, then turns to me with the biggest grin I've ever seen. "Bobert!" She squeals, running at me and jumping into my arms.

I'm caught a little off guard, but I catch her, swirling her around while she giggles. I put her back down, and she wobbles a little, then falls onto the floor.

"Easy, easy." I say, picking her up. She smiles at me. "What do you want do Charley?"

She purses her lips, thinking. Then her eyes light up, and she squeals. "Hide and go seek!"

I frown. "In here?" I look around. There's not that much space in the the little apartment.

Charley shakes her head. "Then where?"

She throws her arms out, stretching. "The whole building!"

I raise my eyebrows. "Gee lets you play hide and go seek in the whole building?"

Charley looks confused. "Who's Gee?"

"Your daddy. Sorry, I'm used to calling him Gee."

Understanding now, Charley nods. "Yeah. We play in the whole building."

I'm having trouble believing this, but I give in. "Ok. I'm gonna count to twenty." I turn against the wall, shading my eyes a little bit.

"Don't peek!" Charley squeals, and for some reason, I feel my face get hot. Wow Bob; embarrassed for getting in trouble from a six year old.

I put my hand all the way over my eyes, and start to count. I'm to five when I hear the door slam. Crap. Somehow, I get the feeling this isn't gonna go well.

I only go to ten before I stop, and run to the door. By the time it shuts behind me, I'm just able to make out Charley at the end of the hallway. I watch her get in the elevator, and then the door shuts, and she's gone.

I get in the elevator after her, and it seems to take forever. The whole time, I'm sitting there thinking all the places she could go. I wonder if she knows she can't hide in other people's apartments? I hope so. I groan, and put my face in my hands. This is gonna take forever.

When I get out, I decide to start on the bottom. I think of small places where small people can hide. She'd fit most places; she's tiny.

I spend about twenty minutes looking on the bottom floor alone, and I decide to try and cheat. I pull my phone (the stupid one that is shattered from when it flew into the wall. I still haven't gotten a new one) out of my pocket to call Gee. It rings lfour times and then, "Please don't tell me she needs stitches."

I laugh, and it's kind of nervous, because I could just imagine that happening. "No. I'm just wondering where she likes to hide when you play hide and go seek."

Gerard laughs. "Dude, our apartment is like, 30 square feet. Are you seriously having trouble finding her?"

"No, I mean when you play hide and go seek in the entire building."

There's a silence. "The entire building?"

"She said you do that all the time."

"Well, she lied. We never do that!"

Crap. "Well, she's a good liar Gee."

Gerard sighs. "I don't know where she'll hide. But you better find my kid Bob." I don't think I've ever heard Gerard sound that tense.

"I will. Chill, Gee. Bye." I hang up, smacking myself in the forehead. Way to go Bob; believe the six year old when she says she plays hide and go seek in the ten floor apartment building. I have no way of knowing where she is. She could be anywhere. It's time to get creative.

Luckily, I come up with a mastermind plan. Frank and I convinced Charley that it's bad manners if you don't say "Rock on" to a person you hear listening to cool music. So, I take my stupid Iphone and walk down each hallway, blaring Charley's favorite songs as loud as I can make it go. Unfortunately, it takes forever, and it's eight fifteen by the time I make it to just the seventh floor.

"Rock on!" Comes a quiet squeak from somewhere near me. I'm on the ninth floor now, and I've finally got some bit of luck. I stop dead in my tracks and look around, trying to find her. I can't really see anywhere to hide, until I see the urn right by the elevator. But that's way too small for anyone to fit inside, right? I walk up to it, and look at the opening.

"Hi, Bob!" Charley's tiny voice comes from inside. "You found me!"

I can barely make her out inside the urn. She must be looking up, because I can see her eyes now. She moves around a little bit, sticking a skinny arm out of the opening.

"Help me out Bobert!"

"How did you even get in there in the first place?" I say, grabbing her arm.

"It was hard..." she says sheepishly.

"Well, getting out is gonna be harder." I pull a little, and I can hear her wiggling around. She grunts and wiggles some more, but nothing happens. I want to yell at her for being stupid for forcing herself into an urn, but I don't. Instead, we do everything we possibly can to try and get her out. And fail. Epically.

After twenty minutes, I can tell she's really upset. Her breathing is rough, and I start to realize that she can't be comfortable in there. And she probably can't breathe that well. In fact, it could probably cause a major problem. Like suffocation. And I have no way of getting her out.

Except if I broke the urn. I try to think, if Gerard would be pissed at me for breaking stuff. I think he'd rather I break things than have his daughter suffocate.

I take a deep breath. "Charley, I'm gonna have to break this to get you out."

There's nothing for a moment, and I'm afraid she suffocated. "Ok..." she says hesitantly after a moment. "What are you going to do?"

"Um..." and yet again, I look stupid in front of the six year old. I have no idea how to break it. I can't throw it, or drop it off a building, or hit it with a car. I could use a hammer. That's the only thing my mind comes up with. I'm not quite as creative as Gerard.

"Does Daddy have a hammer Charley?"

"No." Of course not. This is Gerard, who am I kidding. Yet another thing to make this harder.

"Ok, I'm gonna go get a hammer. Don't move." Don't move? Like she can. If she could, I wouldn't be going to get a hammer.

I walk down the hall, knocking on every door. I get a grandma, a guy who looks like he's in a major mid-life crisis, a lady who looks at me like I'm an axe-murderer, an Asian lady who babbles at me and shuts the door in my face, and two teenagers, who give me the feeling I'm interrupting something. Finally, I get a body builder, who has a hammer. By then, it's been ten minutes, and I sprint full speed back to Charley.

"You ok in there?" I say, hammer in hand.

"No," Charley moans from inside. "I'm can't breathe." Crap.

"Well, I'm gonna get you out now, ok." I take the hammer and hold it up, unsure of what to do. I don't want Charley to get hurt. Then again, better to get a few bumps than to suffocate. Still, I tell her to protect her head. Then I take a swing, putting a decent size crack in the urn. I swing at the same spot, and it gets bigger. I hear Charley whimper, and I finally hit it hard enough for it to break; the entire half shatters and falls on the carpet.

I reach in and pull Charley out. She's crying and she wraps her arms around my neck. I cup the back of her head in my hand, holding her tight.

"It's ok Charley, it's ok." She's shaking like a leaf in my arms, and I grip her even tighter. After another moment, she leans back and looks at me, with wide green eyes that look exactly like her dad's.

"Thank you for saving me Bob."

I smile at her, and I feel warm. "You're welcome Charley."

She puts her face in my shoulder, and I carry her, stopping along the way to thank the body builder and give him back his hammer. She's asleep by the time that I get her back up to the apartment, so I lay her down on her bed. Just as I'm walking out of her room, I hear the door open.

"Hey Gee," I say casually. I sit down in on his sofa.

"Hi." He says, looking suspicious. "Where's Charley?"

"In her bed." I say, sort of smugly.

"Oh. You found her then." He raises an eyebrow. I nod, then stand.

"See you later Gee."

"Thanks for watching her," he says as he walks back into her room. I see him look at her, brushing her hair and pulling up the blanket.

I smile and put my hands in my pockets. I found his girl.


Ok. Hope you liked it. Rate and Review. You know you've got some points for me. I'm so close to going green!!!!Please please rate!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story