Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grow Up Too Fast

Old Time's Sake

by lostmyfearoffalling 7 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-23 - Updated: 2009-04-24 - 1872 words

4Funny
Well, this was an odd one. Oh the things you come up with in math class...however, I always wondered what would happen if Gerard's daughter ever saw Frerard...ENJOY

I groaned as I went through all of the songs on my Ipod, not able to find a single one I wanted to listen to. Normally, I’d put it on shuffle, and scroll through until I found one that fit my mood. Right now I was irritated. Because I just couldn’t find a single one.

I Caught Fire…no, A Little Piece of Heaven…no, Hard Slammin…no, Johnny Sniper…no…

“UGH!” I groaned out loud. This was so frustrating. I needed a song. I need music when I draw. With a sigh, I walked over to my computer, flipping it open and heading immediately to Youtube. I ran my fingers over the keyboard, lacking any idea of what I wanted to hear. That was the point of shuffle in the first place! So that I don’t have to decide for myself!

I watched the little boxes under the “Videos being watched right now” section. Miley Cyrus….eww…Jonas Brothers….eeeewwwww….1 Gallon of Milk in an hour….eww again…..Chipmunk version of Metallica…maybe??? Not really. I’m Not Ok? Wait, that’s my dad’s song. That’s My Chemical Romance.

I stared for a split second, then clicked on it. I’d never listened to any of my dad’s stuff before; I don’t know why, but he never showed it to me and I never looked it up. I waited eagerly for it to load, though I was kind of nervous. It would suck to hate my own dad’s stuff.

The first thing that I heard way Ray’s voice saying, “You like D&D, Audrey Hepburn, Fangoria, Harry Houdini and croquet,” which sent me into a fit of laughter. Ray’s voice continued, and I forced myself to stop laughing, so that I could see. I looked at the screen, completely stunned as I looked at Ray and my dad sitting on the steps. It’s not that they look all that different; it’s just…weird seeing them.

The song kicks in, and I love it. It’s exactly the kind of thing I love to listen to. And knowing that it’s my dad’s makes it even better.

I watched the rest of the video, and clicked the next video that shows up. It’s a live performance of I’m Not Ok, at Download in 2007; two years before I was born. I laughed watching this, because they all look so different. Ray’s hair is dark, my Dad is skinnier with shorter hair, while Frank’s hair nearly comes to his shoulders. Bob is skinny, with flippy hair, and Mikey’s glasses from the previous video are gone. My dad’s voice is different too; not just because it is live, but better and clearer.

I watched with increasing enjoyment as the song continued, loving the raw feel, laughing at my dad’s skinny jeans and his screams of, “Get the fuck up now!”

I hummed along, mouthing the words I remembered. It got to the middle of the song and my dad’s singing, “Forget about the dirty looks..the photographs your boyfriend took, you said you’d read me like a book…” suddenly he turned to Frankie and shouted, “Just let me kiss this guy!” I gaped as my dad crushed his lips to Frankie, then turn and began to sing again. I could barely even focus on the rest of the video, I was too surprised.


I forced my mouth back up; Frank would say I was letting flies in. But I couldn’t help it. I just watched my dad kiss Frankie. And that wasn’t really the weird part….the weird part was that…I…liked it. I think.

I took a deep breath. It was probably just that one thing…But I looked to the side of the screen, where the related videos showed up. And most of them had images of my dad and Frank. I noticed in nearly every title, the word “Frerard” showed up. My brain clicked as I put two and two together. Frank and Gerard. Oh.

My hand moved the mouse, without my conscious permission, clicking on the one that said “Frerard at Project Rev: Frank licks Gerard”. Again, I watched, as Frankie nuzzled my dad passionately, licking my dad’s whole right side. My jaw dropped again, and I moaned quietly. Why the fuck did I like this, why the fuck did I like this?

I watched four more. Four. I couldn’t stop myself. I…liked it. It was creepy at the same time though. Being hot…for my dad. And my practically other dad? What the fuck was wrong with me?

I slammed the computer shut with excessive force, upset with myself. I had impeccable timing; my dad opened the door only one second later.

“Hey Charley!” he said, smiling. My face completely betrayed me as I looked back at him, because the smile melted off his face. “What’s wrong?”

I cleared my throat. “Nothing. You just scared me, that’s all.” I turned around before he could see me blushing. I pulled out the chair and speed walked to my room. “I have homework, “ I called as I shut my door. I sat down on my bed, putting my head in between my knees. It didn’t help. My brain was still filled with the things I had just watched.

I tried to make my mind go to another topic; any other topic. I decided to try and think about my mom, because that usually occupied my time and made me angry. I’d rather be angry than horny for my dad.

I started to think, about how I’d never gotten the reason why my mom left. Dad said it was because she didn’t love him anymore. But there had to be more to it than that. I’d never had the heart to ask, because he got tears in his eyes whenever the subject came up. He was really depressed at first, and I didn’t want to do anything to push him back to that.

But what if my mom left because he was…gay?

Oh my god. I couldn’t even believe I was thinking about that. One thing I had never imagined was at thirteen, sitting on my bed and pondering my dad’s possible homosexuality. Or, maybe bi-sexuality, since I was here and he loved my mom.

This was ridiculous. But…after what I had just seen, possible. And then with another stunning moment of perfect timing, my dad opens the door and walks to my bed, sitting down next to me.

“What’s wrong Char-Char?” He asked me.

I started to speak, then stopped myself, and my dad sighed. “Charley, you can tell me anything. When was the last time I yelled at you?”

Never. He never got angry with me. I sighed, took a deep breath and began to ask him the big question.

“Are you gay?”

My dad’s eye’s widened, and he drew back a little bit. “Gay? No. Why would you think that?” His cheeks were red, and I knew mine were about to be. I began my embarrassing confession.

“I saw these videos of you and Frankie…kissing…and…um making out….onstage.” I looked at the floor, feeling like the temperature on my cheeks was one thousand degrees.

Dad tucked his hair behind his ears; his nervous habit, and said, "Oh." In the softest voice I had ever heard him use.

"And I wondered...if that was why mom left. Because you were...gay." Dad laughed once, but it wasn't happy. It was awkward laughter, trying to fill the silence.


"No," he said softly. "That's not why mom left. She left because...she didn't love me...anymore." He cleared his throat. "About that video, Frank and I just did that to
turn away homophobes. We were just messing around."


"Ok." I said, trying to sound like I completely believed that. I had never been so eager for a conversation to end. "Sorry, that I asked that."


"Don't worry about it," he said, punching me playfully in the shoulder. "It was a...good question." His cheeks reddened again. "Sorry that you had to see that. It was
probably really weird for you."


Understatement. Still, I smiled and repeated his words. "Don't worry about it." Dad smiled, stood up and walked out the door, with a slight bit of urgency. I sighed and
laid back down, still seeing those videos in my head. This was sooo...weird.


Third person..


Gerard walked out of his daughter's room, walking to his couch and flopping down on it. I can't believe she saw that! This is terrible. I can't even imagine the things that must be going through her head right now.

Gerard groaned and put his head in his hands, more embarrassed than he had been in a long time. To continue perfect timing, his door opened, and in walked Frankie himself.

Frank toyed with his lip ring for a moment, then spoke happily. "Hey Gee. What's going on"

Gerard looked up in surprise and moaned again. He had forgotten Frank was coming over.

"No need to be so happy to see me." Frank said, faking hurt as he sat down next to Gerard.

Gerard sighed. "Sorry. Hi."

"What's wrong?" Frank questioned him.

Gerard took a deep breath. "Charley saw a video of us...messing around on stage."

Frank's eyes widened and filled with terror. Frank was never scared. "You're kidding!"

Gerard shook his head. "And she asked me if Lindsey left, because I was gay."

At that, Frank broke into a peal of laughter. Then he cut it off awkwardly, clearing his throat. "Sorry." He looked away for a moment. "What'd you tell her?"

Gerard smirked a little. "That we were just messing around and trying to turn the homophobes off."

Frank smiled. "Well, that's what it was."

Gerard laughed. "Yeah. " It was quiet for a moment. "Though, I did sort of enjoy it."

"I can't say I minded it either." Frankie replied. There was a longer silence, which Frank broke this time. "We haven't done that in a long time."

"Well, we were both married. And you are."

Frank looked slightly dissapointed, or so it seemed to Gerard. "Yeah."

Gerard stared at his feet awkwardly, trying to think of a way to change the subject. Suddenly, he felt Frank's arm around his neck, and for a short moment, the pleasure of
Frank's lips on his, and Frank's warm breath on his face. Frank broke away with a gasp after just one second, grinning.

"What the hell was that?" Gerard asked, completely shocked.

"That, my friend," Frank said. "Was for old time's sake."


Yeah, I found this one quite fun. And necessary. Since Gerard will inevitably have to deal with that sooner or later. Hope you liked it. Rate and Review, please!!! I went green once, please help me get greener!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story