Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Equinox

The Finale - Five of Seven (September 20th)

by rawrlittledino 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2009-04-25 - Updated: 2009-04-25 - 644 words - Complete

2Exciting
September 20th

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that it does not break, it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry. Ernest Hemingway



Evie sat in her bedroom staring at pictures of her past. Pictures of her and Pete, of her and the boys, of her and Izzy. She sighed slightly, wondering if those times would ever return, and if she would ever actually be completely happy with her life again. She thought that once William was gone that things would get better, but with the way that everyone was acting, she was wondering if there would just be another threat to come along after he was gone. She snapped her head to the door when there was a knock at it, and she walked over to open the door and reveal Izzy standing on the other side of it. She rolled her eyes and leant on one leg, crossing her arms.

“What do you want?” She asked and Izzy chewed on her lip slightly.

“Can we talk?” She asked, and Evie took a deep breath before nodding and letting her in. Izzy thanked her and shut the door walking over to the bed and sitting on it, followed by Evie who looked at her sceptically and repeated her question.

“So what do you want?” She asked again and Izzy frowned.

“I wanted to ask you why you slept with Patrick.” Evie sighed becoming uncomfortable.

“I don’t know, it just happened-”

“Don’t lie to me.” Evie gulped.

“Fine. I felt, neglected, by Pete, he was never there, he was never caring towards me and he never seemed to want to be my husband anymore. And Patrick was just there, and was being nice to me and was being caring and was being a friend, and I just found comfort in that, and he was distraught over you and he needed someone to be there as well... so it just happened.” Izzy nodded slowly, and gulped before looking up at Evie.

“I forgive you,” She muttered, and Evie widened her eyes and leant forward slightly.

“I beg your pardon?” She said, and Izzy smiled.

“I forgive you. I won’t forget, I just forgive. Plus, I did kind of sleep with Pete afterwards.” Evie frowned. She wasn’t convinced by her sudden change of heart and wondered aloud why this unexpected change of view. Izzy shrugged.

“Because I can’t go much longer knowing I’m not on speaking terms with my best friend.” Evie smiled slightly and they sat in silence for a few minutes before Izzy sighed.

“Also I needed to give you something.” She reached into her pocket and pulled out two rings, one that Evie recognised as Izzy’s engagement ring, the other her wedding ring.

“You’re giving me your wedding and engagement rings? Why-” Izzy interrupted her by shaking her head.

“No, I’m asking you to look after them, and give them to Patrick for me.” She sighed, and smiled at the confusion on Evie’s face. “You’ll know when to give them to him. You’ll just know, trust me.” Evie nodded, and tilted her head.

“Why can’t you give them to him?” She asked, and Izzy frowned.

“I just can’t. Promise me that you’ll do this for me, though?” Evie nodded, still confused at the chain of events in the last few minutes, but agreed nonetheless. Izzy thanked her and stood, and Evie caught her before she left the room.

“So does this mean we’re friends again?” She asked, and Izzy laughed.

“Don’t be oytreygeous. Of course we are.”
Sign up to rate and review this story