Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Equinox

The Finale - Seven of Seven (September 22nd)

by rawrlittledino 6 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-04-26 - Updated: 2013-02-11 - 3105 words - Complete

3Exciting
I don’t want to tear you away from the chapter but I need you all to do something. Download or listen to somewhere on the internet – ‘Bell Book and Candle’ by Eddie Reader and start listening to that song at the end of the flashback about Patrick and Izzy in a garden. Just do it.







September 22nd – Autumnal Equinox

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Alfred Lord Tennyson






Just as it was in March, the sun was bright, and the people in the house that only saw daylight twice a year squinted their eyes as the glow poked over the horizon. Izzy and Patrick imitated last Equinox, and sat on the top of the hill next to the warehouse, watching the sunrise. Izzy leant her head on Patrick’s shoulder, and Patrick sighed, gulping down tears that threatened to fall every time he looked at her. Izzy noticed, and lifted her head to see Patrick’s eyes glazing over, him hiccupping slightly when he noticed that she was looking at him. Izzy sighed, knowing Patrick was having trouble coming to terms with what lay ahead that day.

“Patrick you know I can’t do anything about it,” Izzy sighed, and Patrick gulped.

“I know... I just can’t stand to lose you.” He looked down at the floor and Izzy frowned.

“Patrick we haven’t been an, us for a long time now.” She skewed her mouth to the sighed and Patrick looked back at her.

“I know. But you know I still love you.” Izzy frowned.

“So you keep saying. But that didn’t stop you from sleeping with Evie, did it?” Patrick looked guilty and then glared a little.

“Well once you found out it didn’t take you long to get into bed with Pete,” Izzy glared this time, edging away from him slightly.

“Well I’m not the one who started it,” Patrick tensed and crossed his arms, them both become angrier by the second.

“I’m not the one who broke the marriage for William Beckett.” Izzy widened her eyes.

“Can we please not do this?” She whimpered, and crushed her eyebrows together before Patrick realized what he was doing.

“I’m sorry, I, it’s not the time.” He sighed and sat back next to her. Izzy nodded slowly.

“No. But, then again, I don’t really have much time left do I?” Patrick’s eyes glazed over again and he couldn’t stop himself from wrapping his arms around her neck and hugging her tightly. Izzy sighed and hugged him back, not really wanting to move from their position. He sniffed into her shoulder, pulling her back from his chest and holding her so he was looking into her eyes. She smiled very lightly and sighed contently, happy to look back at him.

“I don’t want to lose you...” He whispered, and Izzy frowned.

“I don’t want to be lost,” She muttered, and suddenly she felt Patrick’s lips on hers, and she immediately responded, not wanting to waste her last day with him. It just felt right, and even though she knew it would probably hurt him even more, losing her after getting her back the same day, she was being selfish for her own right – she needed this. Pulling him down to the grass she kissed him back again, sighing contently as he climbed on top of her, holding onto her waist and kissing her.

It wasn’t rushed; the pieces of clothing were removed slowly, Patrick re-attaching himself to her lips every time they threw another item off to the side. It was something that belonged in a movie, the sunrise, the perfect weather, and the perfect timing. Patrick looked down at her and sighed, watching as she bit her lip and looking back up at him, her eyes darkening. He looked confused for a second, as the look she was giving him was different, and he soon realised that her eyes weren’t darkening in lust, but in love. He smiled.

"I missed you," He whispered, and Izzy let her eyes close.

"I missed you more than you'll ever know," She replied, and while Patrick waited for the right time before taking off the clothes that were left, Izzy sent butterfly kisses up his neck, breathing in his ear as he rested on top of her. Knowing that he wanted to make the most of this moment, he wallowed in the stillness, watching her chest rise and fall, and pressed his forehead against hers.

"I love you," He mumbled, and after resting his elbows on either side of her, he positioned himself and smiled, watching as Izzy’s breathing slowed down again, them both savouring the time they had together.

Grabbing the blanket that he had brought out to sit on, Patrick covered them both with it before kissing her again and sliding into her, both of them moaning softly at the feeling of them being together again. Patrick rested for a minute, then began to move in and out of her, taking every movement as slow as if neither wanted it to ever end. Izzy opened her eyes again, and Patrick felt his heart stop as she tried to convey everything she wanted to say to him through her eyes. Patrick sped up slightly, and Izzy clawed at his back as their movements became desperate, and their need for each other became all that mattered in that moment. Patrick thrust into her harder and Izzy moaned, making Patrick tense at the way his wife could make him feel so much by doing so little. As they got further and further towards the end, Patrick kissed Izzy again, savouring her, knowing he would never get this again.

This was the last time.

Speeding up once more, he pressed his forehead against hers, them both with their eyes shut to capture the feeling. Patrick felt her contract, and he opened his eyes to see the desperate need she had for him in her features. He moaned and kissed her once more, before they both let the end pass over them, Patrick falling over the edge as Izzy clenched around him, and he fell to her side, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling the thick blanket around them to make sure she was warm. He smiled, watching as the sun came fully into the sky, and looked to Izzy as she blinked, tired but happy. Patrick sighed contently, kissing the top of her head.

“That was incredible,” He whispered, and Izzy nodded, leaning into his chest, and Patrick felt his heart shatter at her reply.

“It was the perfect way to say goodbye,”

~~~

Walking up to the mansion, Izzy took a deep breath as she stood in front of the building. Gabe walking up behind her, smiling lightly, resting a hand on her shoulder.

“The greater good,” He mumbled, looking up at the mansion with her. “Just think about that.” Izzy nodded, knowing that everything that was about to happen was for the best interests of the world.

But even so, she still couldn’t shake the feeling that she was making the biggest mistake of her life, leaving Patrick alone in the world. She hated the feeling of loss, and she knew he hated that feeling even more. She shook the thoughts from her head and thought to the task at hand. This was for the best.

~~~

”Izzy!” Patrick ran up to her, grinning slightly, holding a hand out in front of him. She looked skeptically down at it, and Patrick sniggered. “I want to show you something,” He pulled her towards a garden at the back of the house, letting her open her eyes that he had instructed her to close as they got there. As she adjusted to the bright light around the side of the garden, she blinked at the flowers that were spread out in courtyard.

“Oh my god, Patrick,” She whispered, and Patrick smiled.

“A reminder,” He whispered, and Izzy stood in awe of the creation that Patrick had made. All colours of the rainbow were set out in petals along the garden; every square inch of her previously plain back yard was covered in flowers. She turned to Patrick, wrapping her arms around his neck and squealing lightly.

“This is amazing,” She sighed, and Patrick smiled, holding onto her waist before letting her let go. He sat her down on the petal covered floor and held her hand.

“I wanted to do this so I could tell you something,” He muttered, and Izzy squinted.

“What is it, Patrick?” She looked nervous, and Patrick smiled slightly, gulping back his fears.

“I love you,”


Walking silently along the halls, the group of them were careful not to make a sound that would alert vampires from all over the mansion. Izzy was at head of the pack, followed closely by Pete and Gabe. Pete hissed at her and glared.

“I still don’t understand why we’re still in the dark about the plan, all we know is that we’re supposed to get into William’s chamber and that’s it-” Izzy shushed him, pinching his arm.

“Pete shut the hell up okay?” She whispered angrily, and Pete huffed, staring around the corner after her. She motioned with her fingers and she and Pete walked around the corner, sneaking up behind the two vampires facing the other way, while the others waited around the other side of the wall. After snapping their necks without a sound, the two signalled for the others to follow them, walking down the hall again. The walls were damply lit with torches, and every person in their convoy held a small electric torch. Izzy signalled for them to turn their own lights off, but was too late in trying to cover their movements. One of the guards spotted them, and yelled to all the others.

Fights broke out everywhere, and the people closest to the guards began staking them, turning them to dust. Izzy knew the alarms had been set off throughout the mansion, and motioned to Gabe and Amber to follow her to William’s chamber. The rest of the group fought the remaining vampires, following the three into the next room. More guards came however, and Andy and Crystal volunteered to stay behind and keep the guards from following. They all agreed, and after kicking the door to William’s office down, stood in the doorway, looking into the room. William was sat at his desk; head over a piece of paper, not caring about the commotion outside, or the fact his door was just brutally destroyed. He smiled slightly, folding his hands over his desk and looking at the people in his room.

“Ah, I see you think you’ve come to kill me?” He asked, and Pete smirked.

“We don’t think. We know,” He growled, and William smiled, standing up and observing the people in front of him.

“Oh you do, do you?” He asked, and Gabe smiled.

“You’re over, William,” Gabe snapped his hand up, smiling as William hovered into the air an inch or so, completely unable to move. He looked at Izzy and Amber, nodding slightly. Patrick’s eyes widened and he looked to Izzy with a pleading look on his face.

“Izzy please, don’t,” He gulped, tears starting to form in his eyes. Izzy frowned, her own tears already pouring down her face at the prospect of what she was about to do.

“Patrick I have to do this, It’s for the best,” Patrick whimpered, grabbing Izzy’s hand. Pete looked confused before looking at the different scenes in front of him.

“Wait, what are you talking about?” Pete asked, and Patrick looked angrily back at him.

“She’s going to die, Pete,” Everyone who didn’t know of this information widened their eyes, and Pete looked distraught.

“What, no, William’s going to-” Patrick grunted.

“All four of them are going to die,” Gasps were heard again and Izzy sighed, tears choking her slightly.

“It’s for the greater good, Patrick,” She whispered, putting a hand on his cheek. Patrick closed his eyes at her touch and sniffed, crying into her hand.

“Fuck the greater good,” He choked, and Izzy smiled softly.

“We both know what needs to be done, Patrick,” Gabe sounded uncomfortable and winced, yelling over to Izzy.

“Izzy, now! I can’t hold him for much longer...” Izzy winced at the sound of her death calling, and looked at Patrick who looked ready to collapse.

“Izzy please, I only just got you back, I can’t lose you again, not for good,” He cried, and Izzy sniffed, trying to keep her tears from falling.

“I love you, Patrick,” Patrick glared and pushed her hand away.

“No, don’t say that, Izzy, because that sounds like a fucking goodbye to me, and I don’t want to say goodbye,” Tears fell down his cheek again. “I can’t say goodbye.” Izzy took a deep breath, suppressing the voice in her head that told her to abandon the whole plan and go home with Patrick.

“You have to say goodbye, Patrick,” She put her hand back onto his cheek, wiping a tear away, and moving closer to him to whisper into his eyes.

“Because this is goodbye.” Patrick choked again, putting his forehead to hers and grabbing onto her body for dear life. Evie was crying behind him, hiccupping on her tears and holding onto her stomach. Pete, Joe and Tiffany were stood silently at the side of them, tears streaming down their faces. Patrick looked up at Izzy, holding her chin and leaning into her face, still holding tightly onto her waist with his other hand.

“Please don’t go,” He whispered, and Izzy closed her eyes in agony.

“I have to,” She whispered back to him, and kissed him lightly on the lips, them both crying onto each other’s faces. Patrick held her there for a second and crunched his eyes tight when she left his lips, wanting nothing more than to stay there until the end of time. She took another large breath and looked into his eyes, gulping.

“I love you,” She whispered, making Patrick whimper. He choked on his breath again and watched her as she turned to see Gabe struggling at keeping a hold on William. She turned back to Patrick, her last comment making the air leave his lungs and his heart stop completely.

“I’ll always love you,”

Turning away from them, she gulped back her tears and looked to Gabe and Amber, who were still containing William, barely. She turned to the group and smiled solemnly, raising her hand to wiggle her fingers at Evie, who was almost passed out on the floor due to tears. Pete was comforting her and Izzy saw him kiss her forehead slightly, making Izzy smile. She sighed, looking to Patrick again, who due to the attempts to get back to Izzy, was being held back by Joe. She forced the tears that threatened to surface again back down and locked eyes with him for one last time. Raising her hand, she stepped backwards towards Gabe, Amber and William, and she and Amber raised their hands to create a shield that would stop the rest of them getting killed by the blast.

The three of them joined hands, Gabe finally letting go of his hold on William. Fire blew up inside his eyes and he widened his eyes at the sight of the three of them joining hands and concentrating their thoughts on the spell in their heads.

“You’re not doing to kill me; you realize that would kill you too?” He smirked, and Gabe sighed.

“It’s for the greater good, William,” William widened his eyes, and screaming when the light hit him.

The light came down from the ceiling, destroying William’s roof, burning a hole and letting light in. It wasn’t sunlight; it was stronger, something magical. The three shut their eyes, all three of them in pain from the energy that the spell was taking out of them. Behind them Patrick was collapsing, literally and emotionally. He shuddered as more tears fell, having trouble breathing as he saw what was happening.

Evie clung onto Pete, both still crying at the sight of three of their friends dying in front of them. Joe held onto Tiffany, and all four of them flinched when more and more light entered the room, all of them turning away as the light burned their eyes.

Patrick however refused to look away, his eyes fixed on Izzy, her silhouette falling to its knees as the spell became more than she could handle. The spell was far enough along now though, and it didn’t matter when the three broke their hold, separating the circle that was around William. Suddenly the light disappeared, and all of them adjusted their eyes to the darkness, watching as William hung in mid-air, held up by a red glow. The three that were doing the spell looked up, and Patrick whined as he saw that blood was dripping from each of their eyes. Gabe clutched onto his stomach, heaving slightly at the power that had just been drained from him. Amber was breathing heavily on the floor, and Izzy was on her knees, watching as William floated in his red glow. She turned to Patrick one last time, and as he looked past the blood around her eyes, he noticed their colour.

They were blue, just like before she was turned.

He lost himself inside them for a second, before his view was shattered, and the red glow around William exploded, sending Gabe, Amber and Izzy flying into the air, and exploding the walls around them. Patrick yelled, his shout drowned out by the bricks and debris falling around them.

As the mess cleared, and the dust and brick settled, the group looked upon the remains of the room in front of them. Evie looked at the demolished room and cried out, Pete hanging onto her again. Patrick fell to his knees, screaming out at the scene in front of them.

No,” He whimpered, and collapsed into tears, yelling into the floor. He burned the picture of her into his head, and recited the last thing she had said in his head over and over again.

”I’ll always love you,”

And he would never forget.


The End.


01010110010000010100110001001001010100110100
01010101001100100000010010000100100101000101
01000010010001010101000101010101010001010100
00010101010001001000001000000101001101000101
01010111010011000100010101001100010001010101
0010001000000100110001001001
Sign up to rate and review this story