Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grow Up Too Fast

Harry Potter

by lostmyfearoffalling 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-30 - Updated: 2009-04-30 - 1759 words

3Ambiance
I cannot thank all of you enough for all the ratings and reviews. I screamed when I got on a half hour after I posted the last one and saw that it was already up to three. And when it went green, I pretty much jumped up and down. It completely makes my day seeing what you guys think. I'm especially glad that I'm making some people cry ;-) Please, please keep it up for me!! I'll keep it up for you too. Here's the next one. More Zander.



“Charley, have a good day first day of school, alright?”

“Mkay Daddy,” I said, kissing my dad on the cheek and hopping eagerly out of the Trans-Am. Second grade, and I was ready for it. I ran happily towards the door, eager. We’d toured the school just two days ago, and I knew exactly where I was headed. It made me feel all grown up, walking down the hallway, with all of the older kids watching me.

I giggled to myself, imagining how my daddy and Ray and Bob and Mikey and Frankie when they were in second grade like me. I was practically running by the time that my classroom was in my line of sight and I sprinted the last ten feet, screeching to a stop.

Inside, there were kids my age, none of whom I recognized. I did recognize the teacher; Mrs. Fara. She was older, but nice, like a grandmother. She gave me a smile, and directed me to the little cubbies where I was supposed to put my stuff. I did, and then sat down on the carpet, Indian style, watching all of the other kids.

There was a blonde girl, picturesque with blue eyes and fair skin, though she wasn’t nearly as pale as I was. A girl with red hair and freckles who looked terrified. Three brunette girls sat next to each other, giggling and whispering. There was a circle of boys towards the right side of the carpet, and they were sitting around a big blonde boy, who looked bigger than the rest. He was laughing at something, but it wasn’t a nice laugh.

Last, I noticed a little boy sitting farthest away from everyone else. He was average size, with blue green eyes and brown hair that fell messily over his forehead. He had on a pair of black glasses that were taped at the nose, and they had no lenses in them. He stared at the floor, making shapes with his fingers and whispering softly to himself. I wondered why he was sitting so far away from everyone, when Mrs. Fara called us to attention.

“Alright class, welcome to your first day of second grade. “ She clapped her hands loudly, startling the boy that was sitting all alone. He gasped and looked up at her.

“I thought it would be a nice start if we all went around and said our names, so we all know each other. Let’s start with you.” She said, looking right at me. I felt myself blushing, and I was suddenly shy.

“Charley.” I said, trying not to be too quiet.

“That’s a boy’s name!” Cried the big blonde boy.

Mrs. Fara turned and gave him a disapproving look. “It can be a girl’s name too.”

She turned back around to me and said, “I look forward to having you in class Charley.”

And the blonde boy hissed, “I still think it’s a boy’s name.”

We continued around the circle; I eventually learned the blonde girl’s name was Sarah, the big blonde boy Evan.

“And what’s your name?” Mrs. Fara said to the boy who was sitting on his own.

“Harry Potter.” He said honestly, looking up at her with wide eyes. The other students giggled.

She smiled. “That’s quite funny. Can you tell us what your real name is?”

He frowned. “Harry Potter,” he repeated earnestly, using a slight British accent.

Mrs. Fara cocked her head. “I’ll give you one more chance to say your real name, or I will say it for you.”

Now the boy looked distressed. “My name is Harry Potter!” He cried indignantly. The other students were cackling now.

Mrs. Fara eyed him doubtfully, then turned to the rest of the class. “This is Zander everyone.” She turned back and gave him a dark look. “And now, to continue….”

I watched as the alleged Harry Potter looked down sadly at the floor. I felt sorry for him, with the teacher not listening. Of course he wasn’t really Harry Potter, but everyone loved to pretend. I wished I could go and talk to him, but Mrs. Fara commanded attention, keeping us busy until lunchtime, at which point we all walked down to the cafeteria.

I sat alone, having been to shy to try and talk to anyone, and having been distracted by Harry Potter, or Zander, whichever he was. He too sat alone, at the very end of the table I was at. When he pulled out his lunch, I noticed that he had a thermos, with a label on it that said pumpkin juice. I watched with interest as he continued to pull out interesting articles from his lunch bag, including a magic potion and a gummy lizard.

He ate only some of it, breaking off each of the legs of the gummy lizard and eating them individually. He drank some of the pumpkin juice, then threw the rest away and went outside, walking with his hands in his pockets.

I threw my food away too, and followed him, though far enough behind he didn’t know that I was. Outside, he only made it ten feet before meeting Evan.

“You’re not Harry Potter!” Evan yelled, slamming him into a wall.

“Yes I am!” Zander protested, squealing.

“No, you’re not. You’re a liar.” Evan said, kicking Zander.

I watched with amazement as Zander whipped a stick out of his pocket, poking Evan with it.

“If you don’t leave me alone, I’ll put a spell on you!”

“Let’s see you try,” Evan snickered.

Zander suddenly looked focused, his eyebrows coming together. He lifted his hand, holding the stick up into the air and screaming, “Expelliarmus!”

Evan stared blankly at Zander, then burst out laughing when nothing happened.

“See, you aren’t Harry Potter!” Evan cackled, and he started to kick him again.

“Stop!” I screeched, getting Evan’s attention. He looked back at me, with wide eyes, as did Zander.

“He just did magic! You couldn’t see it, because you’re a muggle!” I was working on pure improve and adrenaline as I ran up to Zander, pushing Evan out of the way, or at least attempting to, and taking Zander’s hand.

“Come on Harry!” I said, pulling him behind me as we both ran, leaving a stunned Evan behind us. We run all the way to the edge of the playground, where there’s a line of palm trees.

“Thank you,” Zander says softly, without a British accent.

“You’re welcome,” I said bashfully, playing with my fingers.

Zander took a deep breath. “I’m not really Harry Potter.” He said gravely.

“I know.” I said, hoping I wasn’t disappointing him in not pretending I’d thought he was. “You do look sort of like him,” I offer.

He grins. “I know. I’d look more like him if I had black hair though.” He fingers his messy brown bangs, which are falling over his eyes.

I feel bad, looking at the sad expression on his face, when a sudden thought pops into my head. “You can make your hair change color! My uncle Frankie does it all the time!”

Zander’s eyes brighten. “Really?” His voice is high with happiness.

I nod vigorously. “Yeah! I’ll help you with it. We can use paint! I think that’s what uncle Frankie does!”

Zander smiles joyfully. “Ok!”

We high fived, then started to talk about Harry Potter. I’m very knowledgeable in that subject; Frankie started reading it out loud to me when I was five. We talk until the end of recess, then go in when the whistle blows.

We’re thrilled when Mrs. Fara announces art time, and lays out a myriad of art supplies, including paint. We run over to it, getting brushes and squirting the paint onto a pallet.

“Sit down in this chair. I’ll do it. I’m a good painter. My daddy is an artist.” I told Zander, pulling out a little red plastic chair for him to sit in. I dipped the brush in the paint, cleaning off the drips before applying the paint to his hair. Zander started laughing hysterically.

“What?” I asked him, as I continued to paint his hair.

“It tickles.” He smiled at me. “Thank you for helping me with my hair!”

“Welcome,” I smiled back.

Just then, Mrs. Fara screamed, after having noticed that another student had evidently thought the red pain was ketchup, and consumed nearly half a tube.

“I’ll be right back!” She squeaked, taking the child by the hand and running out the door.

Art time went until the end of school, at which point I had finished Zander’s hair. We looked at it in the mirror and Zander jumped up and down when he saw it. He threw his arms around me, and I hugged him back tightly.

“See you tomorrow Charley!” He squealed, as he walked out the door towards his bus. “ I can’t wait for my mommy to see my hair!”

I waved at him as he walked away, noticing how everyone was looking at him, especially teachers. It must have been because I did such a good job.


I completely credit IeroMyHeroMCR with the idea of them dyeing Zander's hair. I hope you liked it. I'm not sure, but I think that the next one is gonna be about Zander too, so I hope you aren't too tired of him yet. If you are, then review and give me some more ideas; I'll be happy to put them to good use. RATE and REVIEW please!!!! I'll update more. And it makes me write better..really :-) And one last thing...I was looking at Gee's artwork and just wanted to say...follow this link and you will so agree with me, Gee totally drew Ray here- http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9905/r3of.png
Sign up to rate and review this story