Categories > Books > Harry Potter > You're my what?

Part 5

by scruffy1 18 reviews

The Prophecy is revealed, Hermione's father steps in it, Luna makes a cameo

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [?] [Y] - Published: 2009-05-10 - Updated: 2009-05-10 - 7502 words - Complete

5Original
I have tried not to steal too much from anyone author but I’m not stupid enough to say I’ve taken only from JKR who owns this universe we play in. Best make that her and anyone she’s sold pieces of it to.

If you recognize something that you feel as yours I hope you treat it like we all hope she treats our writing. “Interesting but that isn’t cannon people,”



You’re my WHAT?

By Scruffy1

Part 5


The following Wednesday at 9:59 A.M. a black robed individual came out one of the ministry’s public floo connections into the main lobby holding a white linen in one hand. Waiving the universal sign of peaceful intent the individual approached the security desk arriving right at ten a.m. “Wand please.” The guard announced holding out his hand.

“I have the right of free passage.” A very unidentifiable man’s voice announced.

The security guard looked towards a group of grey robed and hooded individuals standing to the side. One spoke up saying, “I assume you are…”

Only to be cut off as the man interrupted saying, “I am the Dark Lord’s representative. Are the others here?”

“Right behind you.” A voice replied in French accented English causing the first man to wheel around.

“How did you?”

“Talent.” Was all the French representative said holding out his identification to the grey robed individual that appeared to be in charge.

“Why are here?”

“I am Mr. Potter’s representative. Surely you didn’t think we’d allow him to be pulled out of school at the whim of your Minister?”

Although they were unable to hear it both representatives could see the sigh in the rise and fall of the man’s chest. “Right then, Dumbledore’s already down in the room if you two would follow me.” The leader said turning and heading for the elevators.

A short walk, followed by a slightly claustrophobic elevator ride once everyone had squeezed on to one elevator, then a trip through a room of revolving doors everyone found themselves in a room of indeterminable size lit only by a few candles whose light was focused on to a small table where a crystal globe rested. An identically grey robed individual sat at the table the globe directly in front of him while opposite him sat Albus Dumbledore and a young man who introduced himself as the minister’s representative. The two other representatives took the remaining seats on the left and right of the seated grey robed individual while their escorts disappeared into the room’s shadows.

“Are all parties here?”

“I represent the Dark Lord.”

“I am Mr. Potter’s representative.”

“I am the Minister for Magic’s representative.”

“And I am the original recipient.” Dumbledore finished wishing he could have barred Percy Weasley, who was representing the minister, for attending but it was well within the minister’s right to hear this.

“Let us proceed then.” The unspeakable said reaching out and touching the globe.



The one with the Power to Vanquish the Dark Lord Approaches…. Born to those who have thrice defied him. Born as the seventh month dies… and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not… and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives…. The one with the Power to Vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.

“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” Pg 841 2003 U.S. edition



Silence started to descend only to stop when the Dark Lord’s representative spoke up asking, “Were there any other prophecies concerning my master?”

“No other prophecies were found for either party.”

With that announcement both men rose the Dark Lord’s man reaching the door first.

“Mr. Delacour I admit to being slightly surprised to see you here. I expected Mr. Potter to make the journey himself.” Albus Dumbledore said cordially.

“I am here for two reasons, one being Mr. Potter.”

“May I inquire as to the other reason?”

“I am here in my official capacity.” Joseph said curtly having lingered just long enough to insure his elevator ride back to the lobby would not be shared with the Dark Lord’s man.

Albus watched him leave thinking, ‘So now the French and the Minister know. Harry what have you done?’



~ HP&GD~



Back in the Delacour mansion Sirius and Joseph were sitting in Joseph’s study sipping brandy and talking, “Sirius the prophecy was just as you stated. Vague as heck, one could actually interpret it to refer to the night Harry defeated him the first time. I know how I’d like to proceed from here but I don’t want to go against Harry’s or you wishes.”

“If you’re asking my advice… I would suggest letting those at your ministry know and possibly the international. There is no need to keep it secret beyond keeping Harry from being mugged by people who want to throw him at Voldemort in the belief that somehow Harry will beat him again. While I would like to see is the British Aurors take the fight to the death eaters however I can’t see that happening under the current leadership. I can see several options open to them that are not in Harry’s best interest that French citizenship would prevent. Therefore as I already have asylum status can we get Harry French citizenship preferable as soon as possible?”

“Harry has held provisional French citizenship since the end of the Triwizard Tournament. All that is needed is for him to drop his British citizenship and accept French citizenship problem solved.” Joseph stated,

“Thanks I’ll talk with him about that tomorrow. What do you think about the prophecy?” Sirius asked.

“There was nothing in the prophecy about anyone other than Harry and Voldemort. I suspect it would not only be possible to capture all his death eaters but given my understandings also be possible to capture Voldemort. All the prophecy says is Harry has to vanquish him. It doesn’t prevent someone from capturing him and then calling Harry in to administer the coup de grace.” Joseph replied before taking a sip of the brandy.

“I can see you’ve given getting rid of Voldemort a bit of thought. Any thoughts about how we pressure the British to start taking actions?” Sirius asked smiling as Joseph started to elaborate on his ideas.





~ HP&GD~



Herman Granger looked around their new practice in Agde, France. He and his wife had bought it from a dentist who’d set up practice in the 70’s as the commune was developing into a seaside resort. Thanks to the European Union they were able to transfer their licenses to France with minor problems. Their two young female dental hygienists came for a quick look see once they’d announced they were leaving England and fell in love with the place moving with them. Allowing them to be up and running quickly. They’d kept the individual who handled the billing along with the other staff from the original owner. Their house hunting had run into a bit of a snag. The one place on the market they’d fallen in love with was still deciding whether to accept their offer. “Herman what are you thinking?” Margaret Granger asked her husband as she hugged him from behind.

“Just how many changes we’ve had in our lives. How about you?”

“Wondering if Hermione would like this place.”

“She should. Besides she’ll only be with us a few more years then she’ll be off on her own.” Herman said sounding not that enthused about it.

Margaret nodded against his back while relaxing into the hug. “What about your concerns?” Herman asked shifting his wife around to face him without breaking the hug.

“I’m with you, Hermione has her things. You’ve found a golf club nearby. I’ll be fine once we have a place of own that I can decorate and make mine.

“That’s my priority then. Get us a permanent place.” Herman stated.

“Want to try one last time to see if we can get that old house?”

“Alright but let’s get in touch with Hermione maybe she can come next time we talk or perhaps have one of her classmates parents join us. I think we might be missing something due to our limited French.”

Hermione was unable to get away from school but two days later a knock at their rented apartment door brought Joseph Delacour into their lives. After a half an hours discussion He agreed to join them the next day when they visited the homeowner.

The following day Margaret answered the door saying, “Welcome Mr. Delacour.”

“I’ve told you it’s Joseph. I hope you don’t mind my wife Apolline asked to join us.” Joseph replied ushering his wife into the room. Margaret immediately felt outclassed by the woman that entered. Her long light blond hair and complexion were flawless, her carriage elegant.

“Mrs. Delacour welcome, I’m Margaret Granger, I am so glad you could join us today. My husband and I are concerned that our limited knowledge of French might be hampering our attempts to purchase a home perhaps a woman’s view point might be advantageous?” Margaret replied hoping her husband didn’t fall all over himself at this woman’s beauty.

“Mrs. Delacour, thank you for coming, Call me Herman. It is nice to meet a woman whose beauty approaches my wife’s.” Herman said bringing a smile to both women’s faces.

“If my husband is Joseph I am Apolline. Our children know each other at school and your daughter’s friend Harry was a guest at our house this past summer and fall.”

“Would you be the parents of Gabrielle and Fleur Delacour?” Margaret asked.

Apolline noticed the order of her daughter’s names along with the slight hesitation before the woman managed to remember Fleur’s name. “Yes I take it your daughter has spoken of our children?”

“Often,” Margaret replied as they fell into a discussion of how they were going to assist during today’s visit.

Herman Granger had just begun the introductions when the elderly woman’s eyes fixed on Apolline Delacour a moment later she muttered, “Veela?”

“Yes, you know of my people?”

“My father spoke occasionally of women with rare beauty that would occasionally visit his father but I thought it was stories. I take it your husband carries a wand?”

“Yes he does.”

“But you are here to assist these two neither of which does. Why is that?” the elderly woman asked.

Joseph looked at the Granger’s and getting a nod of approval from both of them said, “Their daughter is a friend of our daughter. They thought there might be a problem that they did not understand because they do not speak French like a native. So they asked us to accompany them.”

“She is a witch?”

“Yes, and we are quite proud of her,” Margaret replied.

“Then it is all right that they buy this house. There are secrets that I have been unable to find since my grandfather passed away, secrets that only those with the ability can find and use. Call those people with all the papers and seals. I will sell you this house at the initial price you offered.”

Herman glanced at Joseph who looked at him then said, “If you would like I can have a few people go over this house after you buy it. Just to make sure there is nothing dangerous to you or your daughter.”

“Thank you Joseph that is an excellent idea.” Margaret answered her mind already thinking about how she wanted to change this particular room around.



~ HP&GD~



Back in England the Wizengamot was in an uproar the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, had just instructed his assistant to recite the prophecy concerning Lord Thingy to them. The result was uproar as the majority of individuals rose clamoring for the attention of Dumbledore who was presiding over this session hoping to influence the outcome. He was out of luck when Percy spoke for a second time, “During our last problem with this individual there was a law passed allowing the involuntary induction of an individual with special abilities or talents into the Aurors with Wizengamot concurrence. While it was not used it is still on the books and appears to be a solution should this body desire it.”

It took only a voice vote and Percy was drafting the parchment calling for Harry Potter to report to the Auror office at noon the next day or suffer the confiscation of 1 percent of his fortune for every day he was late in reporting. When he was done he passed it to Auror Tonks saying, “You were able to find him quickly last time let us hope you can do the same with this.”



Harry was called to Headmistress Maxime’s office that evening to find Madam Maxime, his godfather Sirius Black, British Auror Tonks escorted by two French Aurors and Joseph Delacour waiting for him. Auror Tonks started to rise only to stop at the pressure of a wand on her neck.

“Mr. Potter I have here a summons from the British Wizengamot that I have to give to you in person,” Tonks said formally.

Sirius looked at his cousin saying, “You know the drill place it on the table.”

“But I need to see it in his hands and preferable for him to read it in my presence.”

Harry smiled saying, “That will be possible once the parchment is deemed safe.”

Then watched as Tonks placed it on the table in front of her. Sirius, Mr. Delacour, and one of the Aurors took turns checking the parchment over before all nodding at Harry as Sirius said, “It’s clean Harry.”

Harry unsealed then read the parchment passing it to Sirius who passed it to Joseph Delacour after reading it over. “Auror Tonks I find it interesting the British Wizengamot thinks it can draft a French citizen into their Auror corps.” Joseph said putting the parchment back on the table in front of her.

“Harry is a French citizen?” Tonks exclaimed astonished at the turn of events.

Harry smiled replying, “Yes and it was prior to the date on this summons rendering it invalid.”

“But you’ll lose your fortune.” Tonks muttered without thought.

Sirius took this moment to grin at his cousin with a grin that would have caused anyone that had know him in his marauder days to start placing wards around themselves. “Actually you will find that all the Potter and Black property is Unplottable. Also the Potter and Black fortunes reside outside of England now.”

“But how?”

Still with the same grin on his face Sirius replied, “Simple I gave the goblins the option of transferring all our funds to the gnomes of Zurich or finding a place in their system that the British Ministry couldn’t touch. They were quick to find a place and equally as quick to move the funds there.”

“But what about you-know-who?” Tonks was grasping at straws now.

It was Harry that grinned this time saying, “Your Dark Lord, your problem. I dealt with him once that should be enough for anyone.”

“But the prophecy!” Tonks exclaimed.

Harry looked at Sirius who nodded then said, “I’ve had several individuals look it over. The consensus was that particular prophecy was full filled on October 31st 1981. If they are wrong give us a call once you have Tom Riddle in custody and Harry will help. My Godson is not going to solve a problem the British ministry and public have created through ignorance and inaction. The magical population of England is small about one tenth that of Cardiff, Wales. Now Old Tommy can’t have more that 50 or 100 dedicated followers at the most the rest would just be hangers on. Even if he has more the magical government can call upon the International for help. It’s time the Aurors along with the ministry got off their collective butts and dealt with him once and for all.”

Joseph nodded to the two French Aurors who nudged Tonks to her feet escorting her to the door. Stopping only momentarily when Sirius said, “Oh and Nymphadora, tell your mother and father if things get to hot in jolly old England they are welcome to come visit me in France.”

It was a scowling Nymphadora Tonks that was led out the door and sent back to England.

The following day at the Burrow, home of the Weasley family, Molly Weasley looked at the Daily Prophet she’d just taken from the owl intending to put it beside her husband’s plate for his perusal before leaving for work when the headline caught her eye.

“Boy who Lived tells Wizengamot “Your Dark Lord, your problem” as he claims French citizenship prevents his induction into Auror corps.

With his escaped Death Eater godfather at his side the Boy who Lived informed the ministry representative sent to inform him of his induction that he would not be returning to England having taken French citizenship. He also noted the goblins had moved all of his and his godfathers funds out of the country. With the Potter and Black estates unable to be located it seems the Boy who Lived has taken everything the British public has given him and his family before deserting us at our time of greatest need.”

Arthur Weasley found his wife sitting at the table reading while breakfast slowly started to smoke on the stove. “What’s got you so interested?” he asked going over to the stove removing the smoking skillets.

Molly turned as she heard her husband’s voice then sprang up taking the skillets exclaiming, “Oh I’ve ruined breakfast.”

“Oh, It isn’t that bad. Ron might actually enjoy the bacon, he always says you don’t make it crispy enough it’s too bad you can’t send it to him. And the rest is salvageable. Now what’s got you so preoccupied.”

“It’s the prophet, they are saying Harry is refusing to fight Voldemort,” Molly said busying herself putting Arthur’s breakfast on a plate.

“Hum,” Arthur muttered opening the paper and reading it from himself. A minute later as Molly set breakfast in front of Arthur he said, “Sounds more like he’s trying to get the ministry to deal with you-know-who. Right smart idea there’s no way they should expect someone younger than our Ronnie to fight him for them.”

“But the prophecy!”

“Now Molly you know I don’t set much story by those. If I did you wouldn’t be Molly Weasley now would you,” Arthur countered.



~ HP&GD~



Margaret Granger looked up from the invitation they’d received to a meeting at Beauxbatons to discuss their daughter’s summer living arrangements. While this struck her as a bit unusual her husband Herman had reacted a bit differently, loudly questioning what right the school had to be involved in their daughter’s summer residence. This was the first indication she’d seen from him of the stress of moving and of their daughter running off well running wasn’t the right word, perhaps begging would be a better word, to spend most of her summers with the Weasleys a family they’d met only a few times. Of course they’d given in they could deny her nothing when she pleaded. She recalled all the talk Herman had been doing, little short snippets actually about how Hermione would like the beach here, how the town had a lot of history to keep her interested, along with muttering about keeping her from that section of town where all the nudists congregate.

Despite the indications she trusted her husband’s sense of decorum to insure the meeting would go pleasantly



~ HP&GD~



Harry was happy Sunday was a free day allowing them to relax enjoying a day of rest before their final exams started up. That happiness wasn’t going to last as the three received a summons to the headmistress’s office before breakfast Harry and Gabrielle met Hermione in the hall proceeding to the Madam Maxime’s office where they found Madam Maxime, Sirius Black, Margaret and Herman Granger, along with Joseph and Apolline Delacour were waiting for them.

The three teens looked between each other the ‘what the heck did we do to deserve this?’ obvious on their faces.

“Thank you for coming so promptly. I thought we could have breakfast together then discuss recent events before everyone went home for the summer.” Madam Maxime said smiling at the teens.

At Harry’s nod of agreement the two girls went to their respective parents greeting them with kissing and hugs while Harry accepted a hug and handshake from Sirius and Joseph Delacour along with a kiss from Apolline. There were open seats next to their families for the teens but without apparently being called Dobby popped in and with a snap of his fingers and wave of his hand the table lengthened and extra chairs appeared allowing the three teens to take seats together Harry in the middle across from his godfather with Hermione on his right next to her parents and Gabrielle on his left across from her parents. It had been only a short time but Harry had grown accustom to having his ladies next to him and they had grown accustom to being next to him.

Breakfast passed with light conversation and minor teasing of various parties everyone knew the heavy conversations would occur afterwards. It was as the plates were being cleared that Mr. Granger opened the discussion saying, “My daughter wrote us that you two were dating and she’d like you to visit over the summer. Yet I see you here with another young lady. Can you explain how that has come about?”

“Mister Granger the other young lady is my daughter and I can assure you…” Joseph Delacour spoke up.

“Joseph while both my wife and I appreciate your help earlier this year I find myself surprised you are not joining me in being upset. Seeing as Mr. Potter is apparently dating both our daughters at the same time.” Herman Granger said sharply drawing a look of concern from his wife.

“Daddy….” Hermione started to plead only to stop at a glare from her father.

“Doctor Granger I am only dating your daughter, the young lady you are referring to is my Companion, Gabrielle Delacour-Potter. Due to her heritage and circumstances neither of us could control she and I are bound together by a unique magic. As a result she will be by my side until I die.” Harry replied defending his companion.

“And she is not enough for you? You still need to date my daughter? Who will you date after you discard Hermione?” Herman Granger asked sarcastically.

Harry looked him in the eyes replying, “I will never ‘discard’ Hermione. She and I might reach a mutual agreement not to pursue a relationship but I would never discard her.”

Seeing Margaret about to join in Apolline spoke up, “Allow me to explain the relationship my daughter and Mr. Potter have. Perhaps once you understand that it might ease your concerns regarding Mr. Potter,” Gabrielle’s mother then launched into a detailed explanation of that relationship.

“Thank you for that but I notice you and Joseph here are a monogamist couple. Why can’t Mr. Potter be satisfied with your daughter?”

Gabrielle had enough they adults were talking about the three teens like they were not in the room. “Doctor Granger when I became Harry’s companion he was already in love with your daughter. That is why our relationship is different than my parents.”

“And I’m suppose to believe you just like that? Hermione, while I doubt it will be possible for you not to see Mr. Potter here until school is finished. Once it is you will be coming to stay with us and you will be forbidden to see Mr. Potter this summer. We will also investigate the possibilities of sending you to a different school, after all you came her from that English school.”

“Dad please don’t do this,” Hermione pleaded her voice breaking at the thought of being separated from Harry.

“Do what, look out for your well being?” Herman countered.

Hermione was in tears as she replied, “No, force me to choose between you and Harry.”

“Honey aren’t you being a little dramatic? After all you are only sixteen.” Margaret Granger asked feeling she had to say something that would appear to support her husband while hoping not to alienate her daughter.

Hermione shook her head saying, “No mother you and daddy are my past and present, Harry and Gabrielle are my present and future. Should you force me to chose I will remind you the age of consent in France is fifteen.”

“That does it you are going with us tonight we’ll figure out a way for you to take your exams later.” Herman said standing up and approaching his daughter.

“Harry?” Hermione said looking at Harry with panic in her voice as she dug her hands into his arm.

Harry wrapped his other arm around Hermione declaring, “Hermione is going no where she is mine and I am hers.”

“I am yours and you are mine,” Hermione said as she wrapped her arms around Harry causing a glow to surround the two of them which quickly became three as Gabrielle stood wrapping her arms around both of them. The glow became brighter and took on a golden hue.

“Oh, bugger.” Sirius said loudly looking at the glowing three teens.

“Mr. Black!” Madam Maxime said rebuking Sirius.

“Well it is rather pronounced,” Apolline added from her seat as tears started to run down her cheeks.

Margaret was looking from the glowing teens to the other adults, then to her husband who was looking at the teens in shock before starting the circuit over finally she asked, “What’s going on?”

“It appears your daughter and mine are bonding with Harry,” Joseph Delacour said in a calm flat voice.

“Could you perhaps translate that for a non-witch?”

“Given the golden glow I suspect we will have three married teens when it ends.” Apolline said softly.

Herman couldn’t resist asking, “What if the glow wasn’t golden?”

It was Madam Maxime that answered, “In that case we might have one or more dead teenagers. Let us hope it stays golden.”

Herman’s legs gave out at that moment. Looking up from his place on the floor he watched praying the glow stayed golden. He realized it was his declaration of removing Hermione that had precipitated this event and felt a cold fear grip his heart. Should any misfortune happen because of his rash act he knew it would be on his conscious for the remainder of his days.

After the glow had ended and the school’s on call healer declared everyone healthy, they got down to the serious business of where the teens would spend the summer. Thankfully at least to the involved teens there was no discussion about them spending the summer apart. Different bedrooms while staying with the Grangers was a sticking point however, in that instance Margaret quickly took Herman to task and while grumbling he reluctantly agreed they could share a room.

As the teens wanted to pacify Mr. Granger it was agreed they would spend the first month of vacation with the Grangers and the second at the Delacours. An exception was made for a special shopping trip in preparation for the Summer Solstice Ball. The teens would spend July 21st with the Delacours returning to the Grangers on the 22. Sirius would visit both families over the summer but not have the teens stay with him as he was currently enjoying a vagabond existence.



~ HP&GD~



Right after their final exams Hermione, Gabrielle and Harry gathered in Harry and Gabrielle’s room where a Portkey transported the three teens from Beauxbatons to the living room of the Granger’s home outside of Agde. They were there only a few minutes before it was decided to go out for dinner. Leaving Harry, Hermione and Gabrielle stopped just outside the Granger’s home. “Wonder where that door goes?” Hermione asked looking at a door just at the other end of the home they’d just left.

“What door?” Her mother asked looking where her daughter was and seeing nothing.

“The one at the end of your home. I do not recall any hallway down there.”

“There is no door there dear that is our dining room area.” Margaret Granger replied.

“Do we have time to investigate?” Harry asked.

Hermione looked at her parents then nodded saying, “Mum, dad, it’s just a bit early for dinner. We’ll be just a few minutes.”

Herman looked at the teens heading for a doorway he could see and the concerned father appeared, “I thought Mr. Delacour had the house checked out and declared safe?”

“He probably did but didn’t think to say anything about this as you couldn’t see or access it. If things get too interesting we’ll back out and give Joseph a call.” Harry assured his father in law just before the teens disappeared from sight.

Entering they found a set of stairs leading downward. With Harry taking point keeping a constant shield charm in front of him, Gabrielle in the middle and Hermione covering both from the back the trio carefully descended the stairs. At the bottom they entered a small open area roughly 3 meters square. There where chairs along the wall to their left with a counter opposite the chairs. A faded sign labeled “Laperriere Wands” hung on the wall facing them. Carefully Harry made his way to the counter noting there was just a wall behind it. Missing were the shelves filled with rows and rows of wand boxes that he was used to seeing in Ollivander’s Wand shop.

Hermione was the first to notice a short-hinged section that permitted that portion of the counter to be flipped up. A “Wingardium Leviosa” later the counter was open for Harry and the rest to pass through. Harry went around what he now saw was just a partition wall behind the counter to the back room where wooden wand blanks were stored on shelves along the wall to his left. The right hand wall along with racks running for several meters were filled with shelves holding a multitude of different items that appeared to be grouped by some unknown filing system.

Making their way down an aisle they found themselves in a workspace slightly bigger than what they now knew was the wand shop’s public area. “There should be…” Hermione said muttering to herself as she waved her wand around casting revealing spells. On her third try a bin glowed and with a touch of Harry’s wand it swung aside revealing a set of stairs leading upwards. Carefully they made their way up opening the door they found at the top of the stairs hearing a scream that was cut off as Harry poked his head through the opening. “Sorry Mrs. Granger,” Harry said apologizing for scaring the woman.

Distracted by being called Mrs. Granger she quickly replied, “Harry it’s either Mum or Mum Granger, I will not have my son in law calling me Missus.”

“I take it you found out what was behind that door.” Herman asked.

Hermione nodded saying, “Yes it’s an old wand shop. There is still everything needed down there.”

“Yes it is like they just stopped working for the day and didn’t come back.” Gabrielle added.

Margaret asked, “You mean there’s no dust or cobwebs?”

“Most likely the place has permanent cleaning charms on it.” Hermione replied,

“Must be nice,” Margaret replied thinking of how much time she’d spent dusting over the years.



The next day Gabrielle found Harry down in the workshop fiddling with a wand blank. Not wanting to interrupt her companion she quietly left making note of the smile on his face. Back upstairs she started looking around. “What’s up?” Hermione asked having spent part of the morning with her mother.

“I’m looking for some old books that should be hidden somewhere in this house. That’s a wand shop downstairs, so I bet somewhere we will at lease find the craftsman’s reference books.” Gabrielle replied.

Hermione smiled taking out her wand she joined in the search. An hour later with Harry joining them they were searching in a previously hidden room that if Hermione was right was situated under the street. Finally Gabrielle struck gold when she investigated a suspiciously bare portion of a wall. Within a small hidden cubbyhole they found a collection of books along with a sealed letter all bound with a leather strap. Putting the books on a nearby table Hermione undid the strap removing and reading the letter. A minute with tears in her eyes she started reading it outloud to the other two.

“My Descendant,

I regret not being there but my time left on this earth is short. My lone grandson, who I was training to replace me, was using his knowledge of wood and magic to insure our fortifications were safe and secure for our own troops when an assault by British solders caught his group between safe areas killing them. I don’t know to this day if the assault was directed against him specifically.

I have preserved my knowledge in these notebooks in the hope magical ability reappears in a child of his sister who was born without that ability. I also hope that child will feel motivated to follow in my footsteps.

Again I regret not being there to guide you but if you read these books you should be able to earn a good living crafting wands for future generations.



Your ancestor,

Claude Laperriere.”



Harry looked up from the book he had been perusing, “He has written very detailed directions.”

Recognizing the gleam in his eyes and tone in Harry’s voice Hermione said, “You’re going to try to make a wand.”

“Yes, I’ve got his instructions and plenty of supplies. Feel like having a second wand?” Harry asked a grin growing on his face.

“Second wands are illegal.” Hermione said without much conviction.

“Only in England. Besides if I remember correctly when I entered Ollivander’s Wand shop the first time he remembered when my mother was in buying her first wand. If she was buying her first wand it stands to reason she would buy a second wand later on.” Harry countered.

Based more on the twinkle in Harry’s eyes when he asked rather than any argument she agreed he could try and fashion her a second wand. While a part of her doubted his ability to succeed on the first try a different part of her mind reminded her of all the times he’d succeeded when by all rights he should have failed.



Two days later after a light lunch the two girls jointly prepared Hermione and Gabrielle followed Harry down to the wand workshop where he’d spent most waking hours since finding it. Not wanting to damage any of the ready made wand blanks he was practicing wand making from one of the books using various bits of scrap wood we’d found around the shop. “Time to take a break Harry,” Hermione said taking Harry’s right arm.

“But…”

“No buts, we’re in a resort commune and you are escorting us to the beach for the rest of the day,” Gabrielle said taking his left arm.

“I don’t have a suit,” Harry protested hoping to get a few more hours of practice in feeling he was close to mastering one of two of these charms.

“We took care of that yesterday for all of us while shopping with mum,” Hermione said holding out a pair of dark green Speedo trunks for Harry.

“No way am I wearing that!” Harry protested firmly.

“Harry there is more material in your suit then in mine,” Gabrielle said winking at her companion.

Harry glanced between the suit Hermione held and Gabrielle several times obviously trying to picture just how the ‘less material’ would be distributed before looking at Hermione. “Mine is similar to hers but the only way you are going to see either one is to put on this suit and take us to the beach… today,” Hermione announced just as firmly as Harry had.

Harry took the suit from Hermione and Headed up the stairs. A few minutes later Harry was heard protesting, “I can’t wear this in public! You can see everything.”

“Harry don’t try to tell me it doesn’t fit,” Hermione said between giggles she shared with Gabrielle.

An exasperated Harry replied, “It is covered but…”

Gabrielle replied, “Harry it is like our suits we are covered but you can tell what is there. You are in France and have taken French citizenship, it is time you shed those English prejudices. Now get out here and take us to the beach we need to work on our tans if we are to look our best on the 21st.”

Harry ducked in to his room pulling on a pair of cut off jeans along with a t-shirt that read, “Don’t bother, I really don’t want to hear your opinion.” With Hermione on his right and Gabrielle on his left and a backpack of supplies that Hermione had passed him when he came out of the bedroom on his back they walked the kilometer to the beach. Harry had to admit the looks of envy he received on the walk boosted his spirits.

Arriving at the beach Hermione cautioned, “Harry put your eyes back in your head. It’s not like their the first pair you’ve seen.”

“Ah… no but we’re outside in daylight.” Harry remarked looking at Hermione who had turned her back to him and was sliding the short shorts she’d worn to the beach down her legs. Harry watched as a thin strip of material was revealed going around her waist. When the only other thing he saw was a second thin strip following her spine downwards he found his mouth getting dry and his Speedo getting tight. Hermione was smiling to herself as she heard Harry go silent as her shorts reached mid-thigh once she was out of them and turned to face him she noticed his stupefied state.

“Harry?” Gabrielle inquired a moment later from his other side her voice betraying the amusement she felt at Harry’s slack jawed expression.

A still stunned Harry was asking, “What…” while turning to face Gabrielle who was looking down at him having removed all her cover-ups while he was fixated on Hermione.

Harry looked up at the fourteen year old Gabrielle his mind, which was already in what he considered full pervert mode due to Hermione’s actions, was overwhelmed. He couldn’t believe such a beautiful woman for that was what she was despite whatever a calendar said wanted to associate with him. There was a part of him that wished his cousin Dudley and his gang of friends that used to join his cousin in ‘Harry hunting’ could see him now. Married to one of the most beautiful women in the world and a companion to another and he was going to be sixteen in a little less than a month. Damn life was good.

With Hermione and Gabrielle stretched out on either side of him Harry managed to relax for most of the afternoon. Having only occasional problems when one or the other of his two ladies turned to get an even tan causing him to spend a period of time tanning his back.

The next morning found Harry busy in the shop again, the spells he was learning had to be cast wandlessly for the most part and that was proving harder than expected. At noon Hermione showed up saying, “Time for the beach.” This time Harry only mumbled a few half hearted protests before getting up and joining his girls.

They were relaxing when Harry happened to look past a turning Gabrielle, “No it can’t be.” He said a bit too loudly to himself.

“What can’t be?” both girls asked,

“Take a look at the blond walking towards us with the older man. Is that who I think it is?” Harry asked glad he’d managed to avoid saying the blond with the bare chest and big….

“I don’t know her.” Gabrielle announced looking towards a still silent Hermione.

Hermione wished she’d brought some better sunglasses the glare was causing her a problem but as the blond came even with her the blond looked down asking, “Hermione?”

“Luna, what are you doing here?” Hermione replied standing up.

“Just catching some sun with daddy. Who are you with?”

“Luna I’m surprised you don’t remember me.” Harry said having stood up right as Hermione did.

Luna’s already big eyes got even bigger as she recognized the voice asking, “Harry?”

Harry stood in shock as Luna squealed enveloping Harry in a big hug that felt like she was trying to press her chest through him. Not knowing what to do he hugged her back at least until Hermione cleared her throat. “Not that I don’t mind Luna but I don’t think I’ve seen you dressed this way before.”

Smiling at Harry while motioning to her chest Luna said, “Since the girls really arrived Daddy’s been taking me to a beach like this every summer so I can air them out. It really feels good after having them cooped up all winter while I’m at Hogwarts. You should try it Hermione they feel much better the rest of the year. All it takes is a good week of airing at the start of summer and one just before school starts.”

“Speaking of school how are things at dear old Hogwarts?” Hermione asked wanting to get the conversation away from Luna’s ‘girls’.

“Oh you know school is school. The inquisitorial squad now has all the powers the prefects used to have, Trelawney and Hagrid have been canned from teaching but Dumbledore’s kept them at Hogwarts, now sure how he managed that seeing as how Umbridge is the new headmistress and Snape is her deputy.”

Harry couldn’t help himself calling out, “What?”

“Oh yes, daddy said it was bound to happen given the fact the Ministry was involved. She was sent there to control you but you left so she got to control everything. They couldn’t have her return after sending her there now could they. Anyway most of the muggle born were talking about enrolling either in Beauxbatons or one of the other commonwealth countries magical schools,” obviously thinking for a moment she added, “Neville was pulled out by his grandmother at Christmas, I think he’s being home tutored. Oh the Weasley twins quit school just before the end of the year. They caused a big ruckus disrupting classes something awful. They said something about moving to America to work with a group called Acme Industries, they must be a muggle outfit because daddy’s never heard of them.”

Her companion had continued walking for a good distance before he realized she wasn’t with him. Returning to join her he asked, “Luna who are you talking to?”

“Harry Potter sir,” Harry said holding out his hand.

Mr. Lovegood shook the extended hand saying, “I’m Xenophilius Lovegood, Luna’s father, most people just call me Xeno.”

“This is Hermione Granger dad, and…” Luna said stopping as she looked at Gabrielle.

“Gabrielle Delacour-Potter,” Gabrielle said extending her hand as she saw Hermione do.

Xeno looked at her for a moment then asked, “You’re Harry’s Companion?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well my Luna says he’s a good boy so you take care of him all right? Come on Luna we need to get going if we’re going to make our campground tonight.”

“Yes daddy, bye Harry, bye Hermione, bye Harry’s companion.” Luna said walking off with her father.

“That was odd.” Gabrielle announced as she watched them walk away.

Hermione smiled at Gabrielle’s statement saying, “Actually that is the most normal conversation I’ve ever had with her.”
Sign up to rate and review this story