Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

The Bright Lights of America (Part One)

by neve 4 reviews

There's nothing like the skyline of New York City.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-05-17 - Updated: 2009-05-17 - 2920 words - Complete

3Exciting
Chapter Thirty Six - The Bright Lights of America


It had been so difficult saying goodbye to everyone, even if it was only for a couple of weeks. The knowledge that her brother and his family were moving permanently into their dad's house gave her comfort. She would always be able to go back there. Yep things would be different, her room would soon be overtaken by her 5 year old niece and it had been really hard to move all her old stuff out. One thing she knew for sure was that her dad would have loved the sounds of a young family in the house again. Time off work had beena bit more difficult to come by before her editor, Neil relentessly agreed as long as it was unpaid and she promised to be back by the end of the month. Neil hadn't been able to resist giving her a few bits and pieces of articles to think about and had softened the gesture with a promise of it being paid as freelance work. Jill now only had one more thing to do.

"Jill, hold a minute. His Majesty is screaming for me."

"Okay," Jill laughed a she listened to Ruth huff and open the door. She giggled as she heard Ruth bantering back and forth with Justin.

"Right, I'm back," Ruth eventually said.

"How's the old man doing?" Jill asked.

"He's doing great, " Ruth told her, "He gets to lie in bed all day playing his friggin xbox and having me running around at his every whim."

"You love it though," Jill replied.

"mmm."

"So, is he getting better?"

"Hold on a minute," Ruth said as she walked back out of the room, "I can't concentrate with him yelling at that machine. He's recovering really well. The infection has all gone and he's hardly taking any pain medication now."

"That's great news," Jill replied letting out a sigh of relief, "Is the physio happy with him?"

"She's really happy, he's building his strength up again and thinking about getting out and about," Ruth informed her, "Don't you be worrying about him Jill, everythings going well."

"I miss you guys."

"Well get your butt back down here, I need help trying to contain him. I swear the longer he's couped up in the house, the more he regresses to his childhood."

"That was one of the reasons why I phoned actually," Jill said wondering how Ruth would react.

"You're coming back," Ruth started to say.

"Not quite yet."

"Oh," Ruth said disappointed, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine honest, I won't pretend it's not been hard. You've put up with me crying down the phone. Bob actually suggested something to me," Jill explained.

"Oh yes," Ruth said smiling to herself.

"I'm going to take some time out and go back to America with him."

Jill waited for a response but none was forthcoming, "It's just until Christmas and Neil's let me take some unpaid leave. Do you think I'm making a mistake?"

Ruth didn't say anything but Jill could tell she was moving.

"Jus, Jill's going back to the States with Bob," Ruth yelled at her bewildered boyfriend.

"That's brilliant Jill," Justin yelled before quickly focusing back on his game.

"Woo hooo Jill," Ruth finally said, "I'm going to miss you but I'm so pleased you're going to have a proper break."

Jill laughed, "Bob's got a few shows on and media stuff but it'll be nice to spend some time with him."

"And in America, you'll love it Jill," Ruth added excited for her friend.

"I can't believe I'm finally going there,"

"Well stay in touch and I want lots of updates."

"I will do, I gotta go and finish packing as we leave tonight, "Jill said standing up.

"Have a great time and be careful."

"Bye, send my love to Justin."

"Will do."

x------x


Jill was too excited to sleep as she leaned over Bob and stared out of the window. It had been a never ending vision of the ocean for hours now. The sight of icebergs and the remoteness of southern Greenland had thrilled Jill. Bob had long since fallen asleep, an essential habit he had picked up on the continual flights the band had taken and now with Jill cuddling into his chest it had been impossible not to sleep.Jill couldn't help but glance up at the monitor which charted the number of hours until they landed in Newark. She felt her eyes getting heavy and with Bob gently running his fingers up and down the back of her neck, his relaxation technique finally worked on her.

"Jill quick, swap seats," Bob said noticing the familiar landscape below.

"Are we here?" Jill asked rubbing her eyes.

"Yep and you want to see Manhattan don't you?" Bob added as he lifted himself off his seat to let Jill move over.

Bob laughed as Jill put her head as close to the window as possible.

"Look, I can't believe it, look it's New York," Jill suddenly said almost shrieking and quickly turning to look at Bob.

Bob had seen it so many times but the joy in Jill's voice made this special.

"Oh my god, it's the Empire State Building," Jill said her voice unusually high.

"You're so cute." Bob told her.

"New York," Jill sighed happily, "The Statue of Liberty, do you see it?" Look at that, I can't believe I'm actually here."

"We haven't landed yet, who knows we might just plummet into Newark and you'll never get to Manhattan," Bob replied feeling evil.

"Don't say that, " Jill said seriously.

Bob laughed, "Everyone's looking at you,"

"I don't care, oh I feel like Carrie Bradshaw, "Jill giggled clasping her hands together.

"Who?"

"Nevermind, " she replied sitting back in the seat to attach her seatbelt, "I hate landing, always makes me nervous."

"First time?" the lady asked who was sitting on the opposite time of Bob.

"No, I've been nervous lots of time," Jill laughed.

"Just ignore her," Bob added shaking his head, "It's her first time in New York and I think she may explode."

"Explode," Jill almost shouted, "You can't say explode on a plane."

"Will you shut up, you'll get yourself arrested."

"I wish we were just on the ground,"

"Patience, oh hell you're gonna be a nightmare to control," Bob remarked.

x------x


Bob had arranged for them to spend the night in a hotel before they met up with the band the next day. This gave them precisely one afternoon to explore the city and unknown to Jill he had planned to take her to all the places she had spoken off. She was in her element as they walked up fifth avenue and he laughed as she pressed her face up against the door of Tiffany's.

"You want to go in?"

"Nah," Jill replied, "I just wanted to look,"

He grabbed her hand as they walked together up towards Central Park. Jill felt like such a tourist, like she had a huge banner pointing at her with the message "tourist". The commuters just rushed by them as they walked past the Public Library and down towards the Empire State Building.

"It's so quiet,"

"You have to time it just right," Bob replied as they entered the lift.

"Thanks for doing this, "Jill said

"Doing what?" Bob replied slightly puzzled.

"The touristy things, you must be so bored."

Bob laughed, "A lot of this stuff I've never done before. I guess you kind of take it for granted when you spend so much time here."

Bob had taken Jill to one of the weirdest bars she had ever been in. It was like a cross between an old traditional English pub and a dark cavern you would expect to find on Mary King's Close in Edinburgh. Bob had told her that Gerard had recommended this place and she could immediately see why. You could come here and just disappear for hours. Each booth had highbacked seats and with the subdued lighting, people would struggle to know you were there.

"What you thinking about?" he finally asked after they had finished eating.

She looked over at him, "I think it's just delayed shock from realising that I'm actually in New York."

Bob laughed, "It's just a city."

"You must think I'm such a dork,"

"I don't, you make me appreciate every second," he replied seriously.

"You're making fun of me?"

"No I'm not, honestly Jill, I travel about so much and most of the time I never get to see outside a hotel room or a hall."

"I'd hate that," Jill said.

"You get used to it, it's only when you think of all the places you've been and they all blur together."

"New York must be like a second home for you," Jill asked.

"It is but nothing beats going back to Chicago, I can just be myself." Bob said before standing up and holding his hand out for her, "Come on, we better get back before a search party is sent out and Brian thinks we've been murdered."

As Bob said murdered, he thought of Jill's dad. He hadn't been murdered but he had mentioned death. Why is it that whever you know you can't say death, it's like you have tourettes or something. He watched Jill's reaction to see if she had noticed. She just simply smiled at him as she slipped her hands within his and followed him out of the bar.

x------x


"I need to sleep," Jill said eyeing the bed and dragging herself towards it.

"No you can't," Bob gently replied grabbing her arm.

"Aww Bobby please," Jill pleaded.

"You have to stay awake or your body clock will be all over the place,"

Jill just blew a raspberry at him.

"Ha ha, hey do you want to get something to eat?" Bob asked.

"Yeah that'd be good, we could order room service and chill out on the bed."

Bob looked at her, "We could go out and sample New York?"

"You can go out" Jill asked.

"I'm not leaving you here on your own," Bob laughed.

"Okay then, let me have a shower and freshen up," Jill said grabbing her bathroom stuff.

Bob leaned back on the bed and once he heard the lock on the bathroom door he let his eyes close.

"I forgot my...," Jill said pausing at the door as he immediately snapped back into a seating position, "Bob?"

"I was just resting my eyes," he grinned.

"Resting your eyes my ass," Jill laughed back.

"Maybe we should just take it easy and stay in," Bob suggested realising how tired he was.

They spent that night eating room service in their bed and watching some old movie on the television.

"I can't believe I'm here, in New York," Jill said unable to stop herself smiling.

"What do you want to do now?" Bob asked.

"mmm, too much to do and so little time," Jill said entwining her hand once again around his.

"Does that mean we'll have to come back here again?" Bob laughed as he pulled her towards him.

"We leave tomorrow don't we?"

"Fraid so," Bob confirmed, "Back on the bus for a bit."

"We should make the most of it then," Jill grinned.

"What's that grin all about?"

"You know what I would love to do?" Jill asked him.

"What's that?" Bob replied attentively.

"You" She smirked placing her hand on the side of his face.

Bob looked at her slightly surprised, "Are you like em sure?" he asked knowing that they hadn't been together that way since her Dad had died. It wasn't as if he didn't want to, god it had been so difficult but she had just seemed so fragile and all he had wanted to do was protect her.

"Yes," she whispered kissing him.

He slowly returned the kiss, tentatively at first as if he was testing the waters to make sure she was okay with it. Taking the lead he sat up on his knees as he continually watched her.

"I'm not going to break," Jill whispered realising Bob was being overly cautious with her.

He moved in front of her as she sat up and helped him to remove his t-shirt. She watched as he nervously placed his arms around his stomach.
"I love you," she whispered into his ear.

"Even my podgy stomach," he responded.

"You do not have a podgy stomach," Jill said kissing him hard.

She sighed as he ran his hands up her back, breaking away from him and holding her arms up to help him remove her t-shirt. He unhooked her bra and let his hands caress her bottom as he effortlessly lifted her on to his lap. Jill kissed him once more as she let her bra fall off her shoulders before she threw it across the room. Bob leaned forward as he carefully lay her on the bed. She smiled up at him as they just looked at each other for a moment in anticipation. He gently moved the wayward strands of hair that had fallen across her face before he kissed her once more.

He dragged his lips away from hers and smiled against her as she moaned as the feeling of his lips on her neck. He loved the way her body responded to his touch and he slowly ran his fingers around her right nipple watching it harden before he took it within his mouth. Jill moaned once more as she urged him to kiss her. Unable to resist her desires he kissed her again as his hands continued to gently fondle her breasts. She felt guilty as she just lay there letting him do all the work.

"Let me do this for you," he whispered as he felt her try to move.

Jill giggled as he began to work his way down her body, kissing her stomach and tracing his tongue towards her belly button, "You're so tickley," he said looking up at her and watching her covering her mouth with her arm as she tried to stiffle the giggles. The feeling of his lips against her pelvis soon made her forget about the laughter and she begged him to kiss her once more. Bob rested his full weight over her as they continued to kiss each other. She loved the feeling of him on her, the fell of his hands as he ran them threw her hair and down her sides and over her thighs. She felt her breathing quicken as shifted his weight off her and pulled at her underwear. Jill obliged and lifted her hips to allow him to slip them over her thighs. He quickly discarded them as he covered her body once more and kissed her hard.

Bob slowly ran his hand over her inner thighs before running a finger over her opening. He smiled against her lips as he gently rubbed her most sensitive spot. Jill moaned deeply into his mouth and pushed hard against his hand as she responded to his touch. Bob looked down at her as she closed her eyes, he knew she was ready for him but some thing was holding him back. Jill opened her eyes as she sensed his hesitation, "Don't stop, oh fuck please don't stop," she moaned.

Bob pushed himself far enough off her as he quickly removed his shorts. Jill gasped as he brought himself to her. He delicately guided himself in without taking his eyes off her own. He had spent so long building up to this moment it was becoming increasingly difficult not to just let go. Bob moaned as he moved slowly within her, each gentle thrust feeling like torture to them as they felt the tension slowly building between them. She wrapped her legs around him and rested her feet on him as she tried to encourage him to move faster. Bob groaned as she tightened her legs around allowing him deeper access. He kissed her again as they moved together faster and harder. Jill felt that familiar rush of sensation from deep within her as she continued to rock her pelvis against him. Bob kissed her open mouth and he continued to move within her as he watched her start to convulse underneath him, she bit her lip as she flung her head back and moaned loudly. The sight and feeling of her coming tipped him over the edge as he felt his own body shudder. He kissed her one more time before he finally released himself within her and let out an animalistic groan before he lowered himself on to her. He gently kissed her stomach before he rested his head on her chest as it rapidly fell back and forth. Running his fingers lightly over her stomach, he closed his eyes as he felt her play with his hair. They seemed to stay in this perfect place for ages before one of them spoke.

"Bob," Jill whispered unsure if he was sleeping.

"Yeah," Bob replied lifting his head and looking up at her, "You want a hug?"

Jill nodded and instantly moved as close to him as she could.


x------x


It's been so long since I updated - sorry. So far I have written 22 pages for this update but I have a few bits that need tweaked so I thought I would post the first finalised part. Hope you like it.

Please review and let me know what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story