Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > The Trick

Chapter 5

by _angeldevilsophie_ 1 review

He looked so delicate, lying in that hospital bed. Like one touch would shatter him into a million peices.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-05-20 - Updated: 2009-05-21 - 1326 words

0Unrated
JULIUS' POINT OF VIEW:

What was I going to do? I was trapped in this office tied to a chair wile the warehouse was burning down!

Then I remebered that I had a small pocket knife in my pocket. But my hands were tied behind a chair. If I could just slip my hands out...I did it! I grabbed my knife and cut the ropes off. I jumped up and ran to the door. My chest felt very painful and it was hard to walk, it felt like some of my ribs were broken. I also noticed that my nose and lip were bleeding but I was too worried to care. I tried opening the door, but it was locked. There was nothing for it I had to ram it down. I backed up a few steps then ran at the door which emedietly burst open.

The entire warehose was in flames! The minute I walked out I could hardly breathe. I started running as fast as I could the other direction, but the smoke was so thick the that I could barely see. The flames were growing closer and were starting to blister my skin. I turned down one of the rows and started running towards the end. the smoke was burning my eyes and lungs. I kept coughing over and over again. All of a sudden i tripped on a peice of fallen wood. I tried getting up, but I just couldn't. The smoke was too much, I was starting to see black spots in front of my eyes. Delilah's face floated into my head.

Then everything went black.
********************************

DELILAH'S POINT OF VIEW:

Have to get to Julius, Have to get to Julius, Have to get to Julius. This thought kept passing through my head every second. I flew the chopper as fast as I could towards the warehouse. When I was close enough I landed the helicopter in an empty parking lot. I got out and ran in the direction of the furniture warehouse.
I turned a corner and found that the warehouse was on fire! Julius was in there! I looked around. emergency crews had not arrived yet, but people were lining the streets screaming and pointing at the building.
I had to find Julius, I thought again. I ran towards the burning building. The door was open so I raced inside. I could barely see with all the smoke.

"JULIUS!" I coughed

I bent down to get out of the smoke. I ran as fast as i could trying to avoid the flames.

And then at the last row I saw a figure lying on the ground.

"NO...JULIUS!" I yelled

I rushed to his side. He was lying face down on the floor

"NO, JULIUS, NO!"

I turned him over. he was breathing, thank god he was still breathing! But he was badly hurt. The side of his face and arms were burned very badly, his nose and mouth were bleeding and so was his head.

"Oh, Julius, what have they done to you?" I wispered

I knew we had to get out of there or else we would both die. I stood up, grabbed Julius' arms and started dragging him toward the exit.

When we got out I saw that emergency crews had arrived and were putting out the fire. The second I stepped out of the burning building ambulence workers started rushing towards us and forced an oxygen mask onto my mouth. The oxygen felt good in my lungs after breathing in so much smoke, yet I pushed away the mask.

"I'm OK!" I told them "Just look after Julius!"

But they had already pulled Julius onto a stretcher. They had put an oxygen mask on him and were pushing him towards an open ambulence. I tried to follow, but two ambulence workers were pushing me in the other direction.

"Let go of me! I Want to go with Julius!" I yelled

"No! You have to go to the hospital in a seperate ambulence!" one of the ambulence workers yelled back

"NO! I HAVE TO BE WITH JULIUS!" I screamed

The ambulence worker looked like he was about to argue but his coworker said "Fine go ahead."

I ran to Julius and jumped in the back. Once inside they closed the door behind me. I sat down in a chair next to Julius. The ambulence workers were rushing around the whole ride there, but all I did was stare at Julius' face.

eventually we reached the hospital. The hospital workers opened the back of the ambulence and pulled Julius out on the stretcher. I followed them inside. They pulled Julius through a pair of double doors to my right.I tried to follow but a couple of nurses pulled me back.

"No one is aloud back there at the moment!" they said

"But I have to be with Julius!" I yelled struggling against them.

someone put there hand on my shoulder.

"Come on Delilah we're not aloud" the person said

I turned around and saw that it was Al. His skin had gone very pale, but his face was very serious. He steered me in the direction of the waiting area. He sat down on a chair.

"Now tell me what happened." He said calmly

I instantly burst into my explaination. I told him how Dismay had ticked both me and Julius. I told him how he had trapped both me and Julius. I told him how I had escaped the pit. I said all of this very fast, but Al seemed to have heard every word.

"Delilah why don't you sit down. You look horrible, man!" Al said

But I didn't sit down. instead I started pacing around the waiting area. It seemed like at least an hour and a half before a nurse came through the double doors. I ran forwards.

"Is he ok?" I half wimpered

"He has third degree burns on the side of his face and arms. He also has four cracked ribs, a minor crack to his skull and a broken nose. You may go and see him now, but he did inhale alot of smoke and is still out cold." the nurse said

I stared at the nurse in horror for a second then ran inside. I ran over to Julius' bed. I sank into a chair when I saw his appearence.

They had wiped the blood and soot off of his face and I could now see that it was covered in bruises and that he had a black eye. the burns stood out on his now pale skin.I also noticed his nose was crooked from being broken. I started to cry.

Al put a hand on my soulder

"It's not your fault." he said

"But it is!" I sobbed

Al sat in the chair next to me. We sat in silence for hours.

At 10:00pm Al got up

"You sould get some sleep Delilah." he said "Let's go back to the academy."

I shook my head. This Julius' darkest hour and I wasn't going to leave him. Al left without another word. I sat there with Julius for hours. How could I have let this happen. It was so obvious it was a trap. Why did I think that it was real?

Julius moaned in his sleep.

He looked so delicate, lying in that hospital bed. Like one touch would shatter him into a million peices. And yet I streched my arm out and brushed his cheek lightly. He flinched in his sleep. I quickly pulled my hand back, not wanting to cause him any more pain. A new tear rolled down my cheek. I placed my hand in his and held it tight.

I tried to stay up all night, not wanting to leave him. But some where around 6:00am I fell asleep with my head on the foot of the bed, still holding his hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story