Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

Forget the past

by disturbedangel6 2 reviews

Gerard and Nicole finally move out.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-24 - Updated: 2009-05-24 - 1344 words

0Unrated
"Alright," Gerard pushed his sunglasses over his nose as it slipped down. "My job is fine with me moving about."
"Really?" I gasped.
"Yep, I spoke with them earlier today."
I jumped around in hysterics, "This is great! I get to go college now!"
I started thinking of all the difference that it would make, like Josh being shocked about me living with Gerard and showing him proudly that I'm not living far away from the person I love. Also, how could I forget Maria and Toni. I just couldn't wait to show them our fixed relationship. Even though Gerard and I weren't together also never kissed and such, I still knew he did have some sort of feelings for me and I was fine with it. I didn't expect much more, I just needed to know his thoughts and feelings about me.
"Nicole, quit doing that retarded dance! Everyone will notice and the fan will jump me!" he whispered in fear.
I laughed at him and his fear of fans. Even though My Chemical Romance was having a break and in hiding, fans haven't forgotten them; probably never will. Gerard has always kept me and my mother out of the spotlight for our own safety. He knew how dangerous some fans could get. Still today I was kept out of the spotlight. I mean, everyone knew Gerard had a stepdaughter named Nicole but they don't know what I look like.
"So, I was thinking of finding a house or apartment next to your college as soon as possible so you don't miss out of much work than you already did," Gerard explained.
"Well there's no need to rush," I told him as we walked down a familiar path. "I could always just temporarily move in with Maria and Toni until you find us a place to stay."
"No, I'm not letting you stay next to those girls!" he suddenly had that protectiveness in his voice. "I don't want them to try and get you with that boy!"
Although I was taken back from his sudden anger I couldn't help but smile. He didn't want me to see Josh who's been hitting on me since. He was jealous of me. It made my heart flutter.
"What are you smiling about?" he asked.
"Nothing," I tried to cover my smile.
"Oh come on, tell me!" he started hopping around like a little boy.
"I'm just smiling at your jealousy," I walked faster in case he wanted to torture me or something.
"My jealousy?" he scoffed like a preppy girl. "I'm so not jealous!" he stomped after me.
I started laughing about the way he was depending himself.
His shoulders were hunched up with his hands tightened into a fist and he was stomping around me. It was simply cute.
"I'm not jealous!" he seemed to be begging me to believe him now.
"Then what are you?"
"I'm... just being protective of you."
"Pfft!" I flipped him off.
"Oh come on, I'm a man that knows what I'm feeling and I'm feeling protective of you."
I really liked the sound of that too.
"Protective then are we Mr. Way?"
He nodded with a stern look on his face.
"With a pinch of jealousy in there," I started laughing again.
"Okay, maybe I am. But I can't help it, you're a beautiful girl Nicole and I want you to be all..." he paused and shook his head and sped up.
I was left being confused of what he was going to say, 'I want you to be all...?' I jogged after him, "All what?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Finish your sentence."
"No."
"Why?"
"I can't finish it."
"But why?" I pushed on. Curiousity was killing me.
"Because I don't want you and me moving any faster than it should."
I stopped in my tracks and let him walk on as if he didn't notice that I wasn't by his side. He wants us to move slow... he wants me.
My body was doing all sorts of things, my heart was beating its way out of my chest, my stomach was trying to control the butterflies and my mind was trying to control all the thoughts of lust.
I looked up to see Gerard smiling bashfully at me with his hands in his pockets. "Come on, we gotta start searching for a place to stay."
I grinned back at him and ran to him.
I was looking forward to a future with him.




Not only a week later we have finally found a place to rent. It was only 3 blocks away from college. It was a pretty modern looking apartment and the rooms were so huge. Serves me right for living with a well known rockstar. I was uber excited with what was about to come.
I watched Gerard from afar ordering the movers around. My eyes have never left him and I was starting to get annoyed of it. I tried focusing on the dining table and counting all the small scratches on it but my eyes slowly went back to Gerard. I sighed and didn't bother fighting my need to just stare at him.
I couldn't believe that we were leaving this house for good. This house held so many memories starting from when I was about 9. It held memories of my mother, of Gerard's happy days with her, of my depressing days, of the grief of my mother, of the grief of my love for gerard and our new developing relationship. Part of me didn't want to leave this place but the other part of me just wanted to let go of this past and look forward to the future. I let out a long sigh as Gerard came to me and admired the now half empty room.
"Feels like you're leaving a part of yourself here right?"
I nodded slowly just enough so the tears that were trapped in my eyes wouldn't dares escape.
"Please don't cry," he told me in a soft voice and wrapped his arms around me.
"I can't help it," I finally lost my will to stop the tears from falling. "We're leaving the place that holds the past. These walls know my hopes and fears, my wants and needs. This house live with us, went through everything that we did and this house now holds all the memories of the past. How could I not cry about it?"
Gerard tightened his grip around me and snuggled his face in my neck and I felt a tear escape from his eyes and trickle down my neck. "I know, I know it's hard but we must all let go of our past and never let it become a part of us. We're starting fresh and new Nicole, we have to do this."
I sniffed before I nodded.
He let go of me and wiped his tears with the sleeve of his leather jacket before wiping my tears with his thumb. He gave me a smile which made my insides warm and safe.
"Excuse us, but the last furniture in the house gotta go into the truck," one of the movers told us gesturing to the dining table under us.
"Sorry," Gerard jumped off the dining table.
I slid off it too and gave it a tap before the movers moved that out of the house too.
"Well I guess this is it." Gerard said.
"This is it," I repeated.
"Lets go," he started walking to the front door.
"Wait," I ran to the wall across me and hugged it. "So long," I whispered to it and followed Gerard out of the house that we for sure, permanantly will never come back to.





Ah I was about to cry in the last bit =/
Well metaphorically if you get me...
Well yea....

Sorry if its short... idk if its short coz I'm just straight writing it off my phone
Meaning not editing or whatsoever
My neck hurts so the safest way for me to internet is the hiptop lol

Review?xx
Sign up to rate and review this story