Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Shock

Trust

by xelcius2518 0 reviews

at first it's Bob, now it's Mikey, he'll try to explain...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-06-07 - Updated: 2009-06-07 - 446 words - Complete

1Exciting
--Shock—
I knew it before they sent me into the hospital room. Rem and Mary, the ghost siblings, whispered to me that I’m going to save a man from killing himself because of losing his wife. I didn’t hesitate.

Dave sat beside me on the bench as I was feeding the birds.

“You did a great job, young Shock,” he smiled at me.

“Stop calling me ‘young’, Dave. I feel very important. Do I get paid?” I joked.

He chuckled a chockfull laugh. I couldn’t help but laugh with him. Then, a hand touched my shoulder. I looked up to see Mikey.

“Who are you talking to?” he asked. I looked at Dave and he nodded to me.

“Dave,” I answered.

“Who?”

“Dave, my friend.”

“Where?” he looked around.

“He’s… dead,” my words gave him a lot of confusion in his mind.

--Mikey—

I felt a shudder. I can’t explain it, there’s something in the way he looked at me that told me to believe.
I swallowed the lump on my throat and sat beside him.
He smiled strangely and said, “You sat on him.”

I jumped up in surprise and realized that, of course, there’s no one on it.

“He forgives you,” that smile again.

I sat down, finally regaining my bearings. For about five minutes, I had no topic in mind to talk about and just watched him feed the fowls.

Finally, he spoke, “You know what? I actually think that birds are better than most of the people in this world. They listen without complain, they don’t make fun of you when you feel dumb about yourself and even if you they don’t show it, they listen to you. The people I meet are totally different… totally…”
Through his glasses, I can see his eyes forming tears.

“I need your trust,” he continued.

“Why?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you now but whatever I see that you don’t, I’ll tell you," he said, his voice was firm and steady.

He got me, I nodded. But a question filled my mind: how can he be so easy to… trust?

He spoke again, this time, his voice was filled with weird deepness and strength, “Tell them… I don’t want anything from all of you. I’m not a fan either so tell them that whatever they are thinking, push it off immediately before doubt clouds over trust. I don’t know why I’m doing this but Dave was so convincing. Though his life was stolen from him, he never gave up, knowing you will face a lot of problems,” he smiled.

Sign up to rate and review this story