Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > More Fantasies

Fantasy 12

by Mikari 0 reviews

Fantasy 12: Zombie Delivery Service

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2009-06-13 - Updated: 2009-06-14 - 933 words - Complete

0Unrated
More Fantasies

Fantasy 12: Zombie Delivery Service

The conductor was wearing a red military uniform, while the orchestra was wearing blue. He adjusted his hat and took his position in front of the orchestra. "Attention!"

The orchestra members ceased their talking and looked at their leader.

"President Rufus will be visiting us later today. We must make sure that we welcome him properly. If you do, we might just get a new canon!" Needless to say, the conductor was very excited about this. He was in fact so exited, that he had forgotten his trauma about being held hostage by terrorists inside a submarine, along with two soldiers. That blond boy's reckless driving would give him nightmares for a long time, even more so when they went after Emerald Weapon.

The soldiers cheered and got ready to play their xylophones. They decided to be original and use an instrument that was not often seen in an orchestra.

The military leader started to wave his arms around and the xylophone orchestra began their rehearsal.

"Captain! Captain!" A panicked cadet ran into the training hall, which was now the rehearsal room.

"Explain yourself! We're in the middle of a very important rehearsal!" The Junon Shinra army captain was sure that Rufus would not tolerate an unsatisfactory welcoming.

"But sir, it's the cookies!" The cadet gasped out of breath from all the running.

"What about the cookies?" The captain could not afford anything going wrong, specially the cookies.

"That service Reeve suggested, Strife Delivery Service, well the cookies were delivered on time, but zombies ate them and we don't have enough gil left to pay for another supply of cookies plus the delivery fee!" It was a disaster, the end of the world for that poor cadet.

"This is terrible!" Why did those stupid zombies had to pick today to go on a rampage? Rufus would arrive in a few hours and the band needed to practice. "I have a mission for you..."

The cadet stood straight and saluted, "Sir! Yes, sir!"

"I want you to find a new delivery service that can bring the cookies." The captain had received orders not to let the army leave their posts until after Rufus' visit was over, so sending one of his own to get the cookies was out of the question. After the submarine incident, the captain was worried that one more mistake would get him fired and kicked out of the Shinra army for good.

The cadet looked like he had no idea how in the world he would accomplish that on time, but he quickly regained his composure. "Sir! Yes, sir!" He saluted and ran off, intending to fulfill the mission he was given, he just didn't know where to start.

xoxox xox xoxox

"Z-Loan Delivery Service!"

For the desperate cadet who was running around the base like a headless chicken, the two, apparently normal, teenagers looked like angels of mercy and salvation. The cadet did not know who called them, but they brought cookies to replace the ones those rampant zombies that had recently taken a liking to terrorizing Junon, had previously devoured. The cadet could only guess they got tired of flesh, or already had their share and wanted dessert. "The cookies!"

"That's right, we brought the cookies!" The white and black haired boy was cheerful; his golden eyes reflected his good mood, as if he was getting a nice monetary bonus for his delivery.

"We will require access to the areas of the base designated only for the military so that we may deliver the food." The dark haired boy with red eyes was definitely not as cheerful as his companion.

"Oh right, of course, on one condition," the cadet would certainly not waste this opportunity to cause a good impression after a successful mission. "Tell the captain I sent you, okay?"

"Sure, no problem, Bob." The cheerful delivery boy replied looking at the cadet's name tag on his uniform.

Eager to let the delivery boys inform the captain who had been the one to solve the cookie problem, the cadet gave them some passes, granting them access to the military only areas of Junon.

xoxox xox xoxox

It didn't take too long for Chika and Shito to find, hunt and guide the zombies, and deliver the load of Oreo cookies that were only to provide cover for their true mission.

Shito found it odd that an illegal zombie would like cookies. It would be different if it were a legal zombie, or an illegal zombie that still kept some sanity, but not those whom they hunted. At least it was a convenient way to find an excuse to infiltrate Junon.

As if seeing Shito's question in his eyes, Chika spoke. "I guess the Ferryman has his ways."

xoxox xox xoxox

Meanwhile, at the Z-Loan office, Bekko watched his computer screen change when the zombies were guided. The loan accounts of Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana, were automatically updated by the correct amount and the added bonus for having them travel all the way to Junon. "Another job well done," Bekko glanced at Yutta who was contently eating cookies from the pile of boxes he stole from Junon.

xoxox xox xoxox

Cookie Zombies

Young zombies arrive being called
During, early fall, gather, here
In Junon known later,
Many nice Oreos poured,
Quality, really super tasty.
Ultimate victory with xylophones.

End of Fantasy 12

Zombie Delivery Service is a companion story to "Cookie Zombies" the ABC poem written for Snow's challenge at Plot Whole. Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII, Zombie Loan or Oreo.
Sign up to rate and review this story