Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Restless Heart Syndrome

Restless Heart Syndrome

by theunspokentruth 3 reviews

Ellen has never had anywhere to call home in her lonely life, however when she gets fostered into the Way family will things be different? But why is that weird kid always glaring at her.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ray Toro - Published: 2009-06-16 - Updated: 2009-06-18 - 714 words

0Unrated
Troubled. That small unimportant word always seems to have its dirty, greedy fingers grasped around this one little girl’s faith. Each man or women entered those menacing doors and sits opposite the one person who would utter this very word causing them to disregard this little ones life because it simply wasn’t “worth the effort”. She would watch as this person picked a happier or even more normal child than her and on that rare occasion where someone put in that “effort” it wasn’t long before she was dropped off again into the clutches of that single word.
--
“Gather your stuff Ellen, You’ll be leaving soon.” A voice came from the doorway of the cramped bedroom. The young teenager glanced up from her book and stared at the women in sincere confusion.
“Where am I going?” She asked before making her way towards the small wardrobe and pulling its contents out and shoving them into her small rucksack. She wondered if they were shipping her off to another foster home since this home was becoming more cramped by the second.
“Your new home” The women stated flatly.
“Why was I not told about this?” The girl asked glancing up from her packing.
“Because this is the only family in three months willing to take you.”
“Oh.” Was all she said. What was she meant to say to that? She knew exactly how long she had been stuck here and why she was stuck here.
Sighing she grabbed her CD’s from her bedside table and shoved them into the front pocket of her bag. She yanked the zip up roughly in hope of tying up her bag securely. Throwing it over her shoulder she followed the women towards the main office.
“Mrs Hewitt would like a few words with you before you leave.” She said.
The teenager groaned in response but nodded slowly. Another lecture was due from the cranky women. She had heard it all before, How not to behave in this home and to promise there would be no repeat of last time. In her last home she had become so frustrated she shoved the family cat down the toilet. She smiled at the memory.
She strode up towards the office confidently and knocked on the door.
“Come in” A voice called from inside, assuming it was Mrs Hewitt she entered the room and dropped into the chair opposite the desk.
“Ellen, I would like to tell you that we worked very hard on getting this family to take you in.” She began; Ellen rolled her eyes as she continued.
“We were delighted to hear they would be happy to take you.” Ellen couldn’t help but think she left “off our hands” out of that sentence as it seemed to dangle in the air unfinished.
“So I would like to request that you will be on you’re best behaviour for the time you will be in that home.” She strode over to the office window, arms behind her back she stood there for a few moments staring outside at the young children outside.
“Can you promise me that?” She said after a few moments.
“I guess.” Ellen mumbled sinking deep into her seat hoping it would swallow her up.
“No, I need you to be sure.” She said turning around now facing Ellen.
“I promise.” Ellen mumbled through gritted teeth.
“Great.” She beamed but the smile vanished from her face as quick as it appeared.
“Although if this promise to me is broken, I will make sure you never get fostered again and you will spend the next two years locked in that bedroom of yours.”
She then smiled brightly causing Ellen to shudder in both shock and disgust.
“Do you understand?”
“I understand”
“Fantastic.” She exclaimed clapping her hands together in delight. The shrill noise of the doorbell rang through the large building.
“That must be Mrs Way now” Mrs Hewitt exclaimed before leaving the room, Ellen quickly followed while wondering what kind of family her faith lay in the hands of this time.


Okay first time I have done third person. Tell me if it’s bad. I know this is really bad just point out if you can help. :D J xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story