Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Restless Heart Syndrome

Because You Never Learned A God Damn Thing

by theunspokentruth 2 reviews

Ellen gets to her new "home."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-06-24 - Updated: 2009-06-24 - 997 words

0Unrated
Many pairs of eyes followed the young teenager as she tailed behind the tall woman towards the door. Keeping her gaze low she tried to ignore their stares. She could almost hear them judging her silently, how it was such a waist to give her a home, she would only ruin it anyway. Fumbling with the hem of her hoody she tried to distract herself as the older woman opened the door with her signature, teeth baring smile. Too afraid and nervous to look up Ellen continued to play with the stray ends of her hoody.

“A pleasure to meet you Mrs Way.” Ellen winced at the loud voice above her, drenched in false happiness causing her to shudder slightly.
“Pleased to meet you also.” A warm but also kind voice said. Ellen glanced up in search of the source of the voice. There stood a petite woman, her cheeks soft and rounded, soft wrinkled lines formed around the corners of her eyes showed smiling was an often occurrence. Her large hazel eyes sparkled with joy as she smiled, baring her perfectly white teeth to the two.

The tall, frowning woman nudged the quiet teenager before pushing her forward.
“Say Hello to Mrs Way, Ellen.” Mrs Hewitt hissed through her greeted teeth. Ellen hesitantly looked up at the woman.
“Hello Mrs Way.” She said quietly before averting her gaze to her shoes. She had perfected this routine now. She was capable of fooling any adult which walked through this door into believing she was another shy, lonely girl who wanted someone to love her. Once this adult became comfortable around her, her rebellious teenage ways shown through forcing all the shyness and innocence out of the frame.

“Hello Ellen” The woman smiled. “I’m happy to finally meet you.”
Although this was said to Ellen on a regular occurrence, she picked up on the sincerity of the small woman’s voice. Ellen smiled in response not knowing what to say to someone she had just met seconds ago. She shifted her weight from foot to foot nervously as the two women conversed before her. She wondered if this family would be different. Would she behave like Mrs Hewitt warned her? She was already feeling nervous about the whole thing. Maybe if she did behave she would finally have somewhere to call home. Ellen cursed herself for these thoughts. This time would be no different from the other homes. She vowed this to herself.

“So Ellen, what age are you?” The small women asked, glancing over from the drivers seat.
“I’m sixteen.” She said quietly. Mrs Way’s face lit up at the young girls words.
“That’s great, You’re the same age as my eldest, Gerard.”
“Oh”
The dreaded silence filled the car. Ellen began to feel self conscious and slightly nervous as they pulled in to an average sized home. She silently released her belt before getting out of the car and collecting her things from the trunk. Standing beside the car she stared up at the house for a few moments taking it all in. She had the strange feeling that someone was watching her. She turned her view towards the front window where she caught the eyes of a boy. She furrowed her eyebrows pondering as to why he was staring at her. Upon realising she had spotted him, he quickly dropped the curtain hiding from her view.
“Let me help you with those” smiled Mrs Way appearing at the girl’s side taking one of her bags.
“Thank you” She said softly before following her towards the house. What a great start, she already had a stalker she thought to herself. Upon entering the house she followed the small women up the stairs and into an average sized bedroom. She dropped her bag at her feet while taking in her surroundings. The walls were a soft blue contrasting against the light wooden floor. Empty shelves were attached to the sidewall. At least she had somewhere to store her CDs she thought sighing. On the far side of the room stood a large dresser and beside it sat a wooden desk paired with a matching chair. She sighed happily as she wandered over to the bed stroking the soft cover.
“Thank you” She said sincerely.
“Well if you need anything just give me a call, and don’t be afraid to wander around and get your bearings.” She smiled, turning towards the door. She stopped before she left and turned towards the young girl again.
“Oh and please, call me Donna.” She smirked, her Hazel eyes sparkling with happiness. “Mrs Way makes me feel old.” And she was gone, leaving Ellen alone in her new bedroom. She smiled to herself before opening her bags and packing her stuff into there new places.

After a half an hour of unpacking Ellen decided on venturing through the house. She left her new bedroom, which now contained all her possessions and was decorated with her band posters. She glanced around the upstairs hallway, examining the family pictures. She recognised the black haired boy as the one who was staring at her when she arrived. His pale skin contrasted with his pitch-black hair, which hung loosely at his shoulders. His large smile bared his small white teeth and his eyes sparkled brightly. However she could not determine if his eyes were green or brown. They were the strangest colour she had ever seen.

Before she knew it she clashed roughly into something hard in front of her causing her to fall back onto the floor. She glanced up to find those perfectly strange eyes glaring at her angrily before he strode off down the hallway. What’s up with him? She thought angrily before brushing herself off and storming off in the opposite direction.

Sorry for the delay but I have not been writing lately. Please comment if you like it.
Remember
Comments = Updates. :] xoxo J
Sign up to rate and review this story