Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > seizeMANNEQUIN

“Everyone favors you more than the rest of the band.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-06-26 - Updated: 2009-06-27 - 1016 words

0Unrated
Two weeks had came and went and the only time Pepper and Brendon saw each other was when seizeMANNEQUIN left the stage and Panic! came on. Both bands had been equally busy with interviews and media appearances ever since Roxy Riot’s article had came out and a video of seizeMANNEQUIN’s set had found it’s way onto Youtube. As if they hadn’t received enough attention, seizeMANNEQUIN had also acquired their first groupies who caused more trouble than anything. Though, after a girl tried to have her way with Yoshi, the groupies were thrown out by security and were rarely seen again.

After several more grueling days of travel and concerts, the band was to stay in a hotel much to the relief of everybody.

“So that girl that tried to rape Yoshi, she was pretty beastly,” Anaheim chortled from behind Spencer causing him to snort.

“Yeah she was,” Pepper and Izzy replied.

“Why are we taking the stairs again,” Jon asked?

“Because only one of the elevators was is working and the line is ridiculously long,“ Kari replied as she reached the top of the landing, “Geez I’m tired.”

“Your tired? I‘m carrying your bag and mine,” Yoshi commented as he flipped Anaheim off for her comment.

“Whatever. This is the third floor. Our rooms are to the right. Everybody move it because Pepper has to piss,” Pepper hurried up the stairs past her laughing band and tour mates.

Brendon moved past Ryan and followed Pepper.

“She doesn’t have her key,” Brendon replied to Ryan questioning glance before he hurried after his girlfriend.

As Brendon approached the door he had to fight to keep from laughing at Pepper who was glaring at him, arms crossed.

“Okay okay. Hold on,” Brendon chuckled as he slid the card in and pulled it out. Before he had the door completely opened, Pepper sped past him and into the bathroom.

“This is what happens when you drink a Dr. Pepper, followed by half of my Red Bull, followed by that thing you got from Starbucks,” Brendon chortled.

“Shut up,” Pepper scowled as she walked out of the bathroom and sat next to Brendon on the bed.

Brendon turned towards Pepper and picked up her hands.

“Pete wants to talk with you and the band later tonight. He and someone from FBR are flying in tonight for the meeting.”

Pepper stared at him, an incredulous look on her face.

“Oh wow.”

“What time is the meeting?”

“7:00 in the FBR rep’s room.”

“Oh good, that means I have time for a nap,” Pepper said as she picked up her phone to send a mass text to her band mates about the meeting.

Brendon laughed as she laid her phone down, “Yeah I guess it does.”

Pepper crawled towards the head board and lay her head on the pillow only to sit back up and stare at Brendon.

“What,” he asked?

“Aren’t you going to turn the light off?”

Brendon laughed as he complied to her request.

“Yes princess.”

“Your damn right,” Pepper said snuggling into his side as he pulled the blanket over the two of them.



Pepper rolled over and looked at the clock beside the bed. 6:45. She sat up in the bed and stretched before walking over to her suitcase. Pulling out a fresh shirt, she slipped it on.

“Pete said he would come by to get you,” Brendon said groggily from the bed.

No sooner had the words left his mouth that a knock came on the door. Pepper walked over and opened it, giving Pete a hug.

“Hey,” he said as he hugged her back, “I’ll have her back soon,” he told Brendon.

As the two of them walked down the hallway Pepper glanced at her band mates rooms.

“Aren’t we going to get the rest of the band?”

Pete shook his head, “He just wants to talk to you.”

Pepper glanced at him but he shrugged his shoulders.

“But I thought you wanted to sign us?”

“I do. But FBR had their eye on you as well. I can’t really go against them, since FOB is on their label.”

“That’s true,” Pepper agreed as Pete knocked on another hotel room. A tall dark haired man opened the door. Upon seeing Pepper he grinned.

“Hello Pepper, my name is Steve James. I’m a recent addition to the FBR family just like we hope you will be.”

Pepper grinned as she sat in a chair across from Pete and Steve, “ I speak for myself and my band that we would love to be apart of the Fueled By Ramen family.”

Steve shook his head, “No honey I think you misunderstood me. We want you.”

Confusion swept over her features, “Why not the rest of seizeMANNEQUIN?”

Steve laid the contract on the table in front of him, “Well, we at FBR feel that they are holding you down. Yes they are very good at what they do. I won’t deny that but we feel that you would be much better off as a solo performer. A first for Fueled By Ramen. What’s wrong?”

Pepper had been shaking her head the whole time.

“I’m sorry Mr. James, but I’m not going to go into the music business without my band. Where I go, they go. We are a team. They are the reason why we’re where we are now. “

He frowned and glanced at Pete before glancing back at her, “Well I’m sorry you feel that way Ms. Wright.”

Pepper shook her head, “I’m not.”

Standing up she exited the room and made her way back to her hotel room, Pete fast behind her.

“Pepper?”

“I almost feel he’s right. Have you checked the comments on Youtube about seizeMANNEQUIN’s performances?”

“No.”

“Everyone favors you more than the rest of the band.”

“I need to talk with my band,” she pulled out her cell phone and sent out a mass text for everyone to meet in her room in 15 minutes.
Sign up to rate and review this story