Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Get Under My Damn Skin.

Delicate Scars.

by shehadtheworld12 3 reviews

A conference.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-11 - 2230 words

2Ambiance
Ashley's POV

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. That was the only sound I heard in the morgue as I stared at the painfully white wall. Anxiously awaiting the results. I had a strong feeling, a positive feeling. The one that makes you feel like, for one brief moment things will pan out like you wanted them to. Stella was pretty much my last hope. But what bugs me, is why this victim? He's usually so careful about these things, hair would be the last thing he would leave behind.

Maybe he's losing his touch.

Maybe.

Tick.Tock.Tick.Tock. Stop with that already! I feel like I'm listening to that one Gwen Stefani song. What can I do to ignore the fact that, I'm gonna pull my own hair out from waiting? Nailbeds? Why not. I stare at my nailbeds and grunt. Manicure much? I'm going insane! Can't you tell?

Can I be some assistance?

How?

Ladies and gentleman, I'm gonna start with everyone's favorite. A sheer classic, if you will. Ahem. "I know a song that gets on Ashley's nerves, Ashley nerves, Ashley nerves, I know a song that gets on Ashley nerves, and this is how it goes. I kno-"

Dont. You. Dare.

I was just trying to help. [fake sobs]

This isn't the time okay? I'm under alot of stress, and the last thing I need is you doing that. Pipe down, sparky. [xD]

Fine. Funsucker.

Funsucker? I am not a funsucker, I can't belie-

"It's time." Mikey appeared from the doors, like he always does. It's quite creepy really, I mean one second you're thinking, and then suddenly, a skinny pale guy is there.

"Really?" I said hopeful. He nodded.

"Chief wants to speak you personally." I smiled then mock saluted him.

"You're a good man, Mikey."

"I'm aware of that, Ash. I'm aware."

"Wish us luck." I mumbled before walking to the office. Rubbing my hands together from anxiousness. I slowly entered where, I sat down immediately, not realizing Bob was sitting there next to me. I smiled at him kind of, and he did the same.

"Good afternoon, officers. I do believe I have some news. Good and bad, which one ya want first?"

"Good." We both said in unison. I looked at him but I turned away.

"The test came back positive. The hair did belong to Angel. We're assuming, the victim put up a fight, and that resulted in hair being pulled out and on to her body. This is a very big step, this can help us prove that Angel is guilty for every victim."

"That's good, chief." Bob nodded.

"What's the bad news?" He frowned.

"We're gonna need to do a conference in an hour or so."

"Ah, another one?" I said softly.

"The people or Newark are demanding an update. They're living in fear, as we are too. News reporters will be there as well."

"I'll go get the cue cards.." I sighed......
~~

Bob's POV.

I followed behind the other officers as we walked to the podium, where the speeches are held. The reporters were already there, like leeches. Pen and notepad in hand, as if any second, an answer would be given. Chief Shechter stood in front of everyone and gave a cough to clear his throat. Cameras steadied themselves, and flashed. I grimaced from it. Cameras, just aren't right in my book. Reporters held a recorder to their mouths whispering notes and all that jazz.

"Good afternoon, Newark residents, I'm Chief Brian Shechter. I'm here on the behalf of 'Angel' a man who has been on the run for several killings. We
believe he is responsible for the killings of, Nadine Smart, Katy Miller, Jonathan Chance, Lisa Gaber, and now Stella Rogers. Today we discovered a rather important piece of DNA that belongs to Rider Likings, aka Angel. We have yet to figure out his location, and do believe he is still at large."

"What is the DNA?" A female asked.

"We have found hair samples."

"What kind of actions is this killer making on his victims?" A male asked this time. They're so hasty, it's irritating. The chief sighed and looked to his left, making sure it was okay to talk about the crimes. When he got approval, he nodded.

"The crimes that have been committed are gruesome and cruel. Burns, limbs missing, fingernails that are bent back and several bruises. The burns are to be atleast to the 3rd degree, lacerations to the fullest." Several gasps filled the air and talking began to arise.

"What makes the lastest victim different from the others?" A different male asked. So pushy.

"Stella appeared to be the only victim to have the chance to fight back. We assume there was a struggle, before the lacerations occured. With the other victims who have not given any other evidence of fighting back." Notes began to scribble down on the lined pads.

"Chief, this is one of Newark's worst killers. Are your officers ready and prepared to take on this sort of crime?" I glared. Of course we are, thank you. The nerve of these people. I could tell Chief was getting tense and aggitated.

"Not that is any of the public's business, but yes. I do believe we have well equipped officers to handle this case. They have been trained well." The reporters nodded. And of course one stupid person just couldn't keep it to themselves.

"Well no offense, but if that is true, don't ya think you would've caught him by now? This case has been around for almost a year." One smirked, while some agreed. I glared again, and then looked around for Ashley who looked just as pissed as I did. The chief this time shook his head.

"I have no comment for that. If someone thinks they can do better, catching a killer who is the most notorious there is in Newark, then come talk to me. Until then, this conference is officially over. No more questions."

The chief walked off the stage, while reporters yelled in annoyance. Questions were thrown into the air, but would remain unanswered. I kept my gaze on Ashley, who looked tense and sad. I was on my way to talk to her when Gerard called me back.

"Can you believe that bitch? Thinking we're not able to handle this, when all they're good for is gossip on the celebs. Shit pisses me off, I tell you." I shrugged.

"More than one reason to prove those bastards wrong." I smirked.

"I guess so..I'll catch ya later man, got things to do around the station." He patted me on the shoulder.

"See ya man." I replied black. After he left, and Ashley disappeared, I sighed.

Where's a bar when you need one?

Ashley's POV

Well that was uneventful. Reporters could be so pushy. I caught up with the chief who sighed as he filled his mug with coffee.

"Hey chief." I said softly. He turned and smiled.

"Hello, Ms.Banez." I was trying to politely say my next sentence, but it was just completely impossible, so I let it rip.

"Okay, who do those money grubbing bastards, think they are? Who the hell are they to judge wether or not we can handle the case. It's very insulting."

"I know Ashley, but not everyone in Newark is easy going, alot of them are reckless. You just gotta keep ya head up and know when to draw the line. They're opinions mean nothing to the station. I know my staff, I know you are qualified, that's all that matters, hun." I nodded, as his wisdom seem to calm me down. It was like talking to my father.

"You're right chief, just caught us off guard."

"It happens to the best of us, sweetie. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to those damn files." I nodded as he walked away. I shrugged then grabbed my own cup of coffee. The hot liquid burning my tongue, and I hissed alittle. I threw the styrofoam cup in the trash and headed back to my pretty much second home, and sat down on the leather chair. Stella's body was still visible on the table. Her lips were blue and bruised.

Her once shiny hair began to look duller, and I frowned as a once pretty girl, had fallen. I grabbed my notebook, from under the table where I secretly hide it. It was gift from my father for my 21st birthday. He had it personally decorated by my neighbor Sienna, a brilliant fashion/interior designer. I always promised her, when I bought my own house someday, she would be the one to decorate it. I smiled at the thought.

I flipped through the pages, mostly poems. Some song lyrics or special events that should never be forgotten. I froze as I stumbled upon a page that had evil written on it everywhere. A letter from Jake.

Dear Ashley,

You are my love, my moon, my sun, my dreams, my life. I love you. There will never be anyone else, just you. No one can ever take you from me.

Trust me.

-Jake.


I rolled my eyes I ripped the paper out into shreds. His words mean nothing to me. I kept shredding the paper into pieces, into smaller pieces. Bruises fade, but the pain last forever. He can't hurt me anymore. I dumped the practically confetti pieces into the trash and turned the page to a freshly new one.
And my hand began to write.

A broken soul, that has no meaning.
A broken girl who has no feelings.

Time goes by and she's still here.
She could feel it in the air, the end is almost near.

The sun fades to black, and she's left in the dark.
No one can save her, from own broken heart.


I closed the book then placed it back under the table, I was too into my thoughts to hear footsteps approaching.

"Hey." He said softly. I didn't have to guess who it was.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"You look sad, are you okay?" I played it off.

"Me? No. I'm not sad, just bored." I laughed.

"Well that's make it even easier for me to ask you."

"Ask me what?" He put his hands up in a dramatic way.

"Well since the conference pretty much sucked, and I'm severely dehyrdated, would you like to join me?" I fully froze.

"Where are you going?" I mumbled curiously.

"Come with me and you'll find out."

"Why are you asking me?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Cause you're the only one that isn't 35+" I smiled.

"I don't know."

"Come on, it's not a big deal. Live alittle." I guess I would go, anything to keep my mind off of Jake....

Bob's POV.

She was breaking I could see it. For some odd reason, I wanted to see how her mind works. She can't possibly just work, work, work. There's an inner Ashley waiting to break free. I've only see half of her. I want the whole. After 3 very hard minutes of convincing her, she agreed. I decided to drive, and off we went away from the stress of the station. We arrived at my favorite place in the world. Charlie's. Best bar ever. I mean it. She gave me a suspicious look as we entered the fine wood building.

"Are we at a bar?!" She said completely shocked, as she stared at all the beer bottles, tequila bottles, maragarita mixes, and peanuts.

"Indeed. I told you I was dehyrdrated."

"A bar? Look Bob, I don't think I quite 'belong' here, I don't even drink often."

"Well, tonight will be different won't it?"

"Just come on." I smiled as she tensed up.

"Bobby how's it going man?" Good ole' Charlie chipped.

"I'm good, Charlie."

"And who's this pretty lady?" He motioned to Ashley who blushed.

"She's my partner, Ashley."

More like girlfriend.

Don't start with me. I sang.

"I'm assuming the usual?"

"You know me too well Charlie."

"And how bout you hon?" She thought for a moment.

"Miller lite." She said softly. I raised an eyebrow at her, and she just shrugged. It's working already. I'm not trying to get into her pants, if that's what you're getting at. I just wanted to see the real Ashley. I thanked Charlie for the drinks, then we sat down at a table near the end. I tried my hardest not to laugh as she swallowed the liquid, with a bitter face. I sipped my coke and rum before she stared at me.

"I can't believe I let you bring me here."

"Why not?"

"Bob Bryar, taking me to a bar. Every girl's american dream isn't it?"

"Oh my god, Ashley you are so hilarious, I forgot to laugh." I smirked and she smiled. That smile flashes in my head constantly. I didn't even noticed we were both done with our drinks.

"One more?" She suggested.

Score point for Bob.

"More for you?" I said in shock. She just nodded. She moved her arm, and I noticed a deep scar that was vertical up her wrist. I always wondered why she wore sleeves, even when it was extremely hot.

"Ouch, how'd ya get that scar?" She immediately pulled her sleeve down.

"Nothing, it's nothing." She replied quickly.

Did I just touch another sensitive subject?
Sign up to rate and review this story