Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Metamorphosis of Bleeding Hearts

Chapter 5: Dancing in a Nightmare

by ellyse_the_silent 0 reviews

Is there really a place in the world for a half daemon boy haunted by his past and mocked by his future? Alternate Universe.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!!] [?] [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-04-06 - Updated: 2006-04-06 - 1389 words

1Moving
Chapter 5: Dancing in a Nightmare

by: ellyse the silent

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

((A/N: I warn you in advance: this chapter is OOC and pretty much awkward. Ok... now you're warned.))

(K-pov)

I hate school parties. They are loud and obnoxious but Sango had talked me into going to this one. At least I talked her out of making me wear that god-awful belt though she still bought for herself.

"Kagome? Sango just called, she is coming to pick you up in fifteen minuets." My Okasan called from outside my door.

"Ok Okasan," I called back.

"I'm taking Souta and Otousan to my sister's house so make sure you have your key," my Okasan opened the door.

"Aunt Tajiya-san?" I guessed, since my mother's other sister lived three hours away.

"Yes."

I was suddenly glad that I was going to the party. I hated going to Kikyo's house with a passion. She had married this really creepy guy, Tajiya Naraku and they had two really creepy daughters named Kagura and Kanna and a son who was never seemed to be around. Their house was full of swords and amulets and incense. I like incense as a general rule, in fact one of my favourite shrine duties is lighting the incense, but the stuff Naraku lit all the time was just sick smelling, foul smoking crap. I didn't know what Naraku did for a living but I guessed it was probably illegal and Kikyo probably helped with a willing heart.

"Ok Okasan," I grabbed my purse and hurried down the stairs. I could hear Sango beeping on the street.

Sango was excited to go to any party; "Get in! Gosh! You take forever!"

"Geez! Sorry!" I mumbled stashing my bag under the front seat, "The party doesn't start for fifteen minutes!"

Sango gunned threw a yellow light, "Gotta pick up my boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes, "Who is it this week?"

Sango shot me a dirty look, "Haha! The same person it was last week smart mouth."

"Kouga is such a player Sango, you should dump him." Sango seemed to have an obsession with players.

Sango slammed on the brakes, "Shut up! We're here."

I fisted my hands on the dashboard, "Sango! How did you ever pass drivers-ed?"

"I was cute." Sango snapped.

I rolled my eyes and hoped that I would live to see the school. "I should have walked."

"Stop grumbling!"

Kouga jumped in the back seat, "Hey baby!"

Sango smiled, "Hey Kouga!"

I rolled my eyes.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The dance was just a god-awful as I had thought it would be. Sango disappeared with Kouga as soon as we got inside. The volume of the music alone made me wonder if they weren't breaking the law by disrupting the peace, not to mention the profanity and sex charged crap that was flowing out of the speakers was enough to make me blush. The kids had already dumped alcohol into the punch.

After fifteen minutes of watching people make out and dodging drunk guys I had had enough and started towards the door.

"Kagome? Where you goin'?" Sango stumbled towards me, pulling Kouga behind her.

I stared, "Sango are you drunk?"

"Naw!" She laughed.

I looked at Kouga and he shrugged, "She liked the punch."

My mouth dropped open, "You let her?"

"She's more fun drunk," he said as if it was perfectly normal.

I slapped him and he lost his balance. How could he say that? "You are disgusting!" I said each word slowly and carefully as I stood over him.

"What did ya do that for?" Sango yelled. "Don't hurt my boyfriend."

"Sango he said-"

"Get lost 'Gome!" She snapped hugging Kouga to her as she pulled Kouga out the door.

I followed her as she walked down the hall. "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere where losers won't bother us." Sango yelled over her shoulder.

"Sango-"

"Go away!" Sango yelled back at me.

I turned around and ran back to the dance. Some guy grabbed my arm when I came back in.

"Where are you going sweetheart?"

I wrenched my arm out of her hold and practically ran through the dancing couples. How could Sango chose Kouga over me? I felt like I was going to cry or scream or maybe both. The whole night was becoming a nightmare.

"Excuse me!" I shouted over the loud music. The group of people in front of me were doing everything shy of a mass sex orgy on the gym floor. I put my hands over my ears and squeezed around the writhing mass of bodies.

Nearing the back Exit door after fighting my way threw couples grinding and making out, I reached out for the handle only to hit a wall. Except there hadn't been a wall there a moment ago, I thought, stumbling backwards. Looking up I met the golden eyes of Inu-Yasha.

"Sorry," I yelled, trying to get around him to the door and on to freedom.

He was wearing baggy black TRIPP pants with chains and red stuff hanging in loops off them. His suspenders fell in an X and were black with red skulls on them. He had a black pinstripe button-up shirt that was unbuttoned to show a black T-shirt with the words 'Die mortal.' in red, underneath.

"Why are you in such a rush that you had to slam into me, wench?" Inu-Yasha snapped. He wore a perfect mask of snide annoyance that set my teeth on edge

"Look you!" I raged, pointing a finger in his face, "You have no right to talk to me like that! I said I was sorry ok, so who died and made you King of the Bad Asses? Huh? Why don't you take a minute to get that medal pole out of your butt, because I think you've got it wedged up there so far it's poking into your brain."

At this point I realized that everyone had stopped dancing and the DJ had turned off the music and everyone was staring at us. Some of them laughed and some of them whispered but mostly they just stared. I felt my face start to heat up. This night was taking on a surreal quality.

"So- move ok?" I mumbled.

To my surprise he did, opening the door for me and following me outside. The cool night air swept us both as I walked farther out into it. It called to mind the last time we had been outside together at night.

Slamming the door he said, "Is that usually how you greet people?"

I turned around, more embarrassed than angry now. One look at his smug face was enough to bring it all back, "Only overconfident idiots," I snapped.

"Hmm, you still didn't answer my question. Why were you in such a hurry?"

"I'm tired and I want to go home and I hate these parties and... it's none of your business!" I said frantically waving my arms.

"Did you have something to drink?" He meant an alcoholic drink. He lifted my chin up with his hand; I could feel his long black nails against my cheek.

"No," I didn't want to meet his eyes.

The music started up again behind him, loud as before.

"Where do you plan to go? The shrine?" He asked his large warm hand still cupping my face.

I stared at him a moment, "Oh crap! Okasan left to take Souta and Ojii-san to our aunt's house, and my key is in Sango's car!"

"Where's Sango?"

I frowned, "She left with her boyfriend."

He stared at me a moment before letting go of my face and stepping back. "Left, or just walked around?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

He led me around the gym to the parking lot and I went down the rows of cars looking for Sango's. I thought that having Inu-Yasha following me around a dark parking lot should make me nervous but I kind of felt safer with him there. Sango's car wasn't there. I wanted to throw something. "I guess I'm screwed." I mumbled turning back towards him.

He looked at me, his eyes glowing faintly golden in the dim light. I figured it must be a trick of the light. "You can come to my house." He said softly.

((A/N: I have a beta reader! Yay petpeeves12! I
Sign up to rate and review this story