Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

If You Wanna... I Might

by killxsmile 4 reviews

"If you wanna say I-I-I like you I might feel just like you. And if you, you choose not to, I knew, knew you would."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-07-25 - Updated: 2009-07-26 - 822 words

4Original
Author's Note: I'm going to my niece's baptism tomorrow, so I'm posting this a little early. Hope you guys like it.

THANK YOUS
somethingorother: Yeah, the rating system on here is a bit wonky. All of this story's chapters have at least one rating point, but overall it's still marked as "Unrated." Thanks for trying though. The thought really does count.

Yep. Boys are weird like that. "Hey you gave me a black eye yesterday." "Yeah, and you split my lip." "But we're cool, right?" "Yeah." How things like that work in the male mind, I'll never understand.

Haha. Yes. Jack's finally working his way into the story.

tryingtohard_x: lol. I'm trying to make a comeback.

I have a feeling that you'll like where I'm taking this story.

ash360: I agree. Boys make no sense. I think that's why I like them so much.

SSSTORYTIME.

Another night, another party.

This time around, MJ and I found ourselves in Pete Lamontagne’s basement, singing/shouting along with Forrest Kline as Hellogoodbye’s melodies bounced off the walls.

“IF YOU WANNA SAY I-I-I LIKE YOU I MIGHT FEEL JUST LIKE YOU! AND IF YOU CHOOSE, CHOOSE NOT TO I KNEW, KNEW YOU WOULD!”

Under regular circumstances I’m not a fan of saccharine power pop love songs, but with 6 shots of tequila pumping through my veins, I would sing along to Hannah Montana if someone popped it into the stereo.

Soon enough, someone started playing LMFAO my arm was being tugged in a random direction.

“Dance with me, Andy!” Travis said, placing his hands on my hips. It was a bit too late to refuse, so I moved my hips against his as ‘I’m in Miami, Bitch’ blared through the speakers.

Five songs later, I was a bit tired of grinding, so I politely excused myself and went upstairs for a drink. In the kitchen, MJ was perched atop the counter, sipping on what looked like a screwdriver. Noticing my presence, she gave me a nod of acknowledgement as I walked toward the various bottles set up next to her.

I reached for the bottle of Smirnoff, only to have someone else place their hand over mine.

“Shit, sorry,” he said, letting go. “Ladies first.”

I looked over and saw Jack standing next to me, empty cup in hand.

“Uh, thanks.”

After filling mine a little above the halfway mark, I handed the bottle over to him.

“Damn, Andy. Pace yourself,” he chuckled.

“Jack, this is me pacing myself,” I replied, pouring some orange juice into my cup. “And after what happened last week, I should be telling you to pace yourself.”

As those words left my lips, blood rushed to his cheeks for reasons other than alcohol.

“You heard about that?” he asked.

“I’m pretty sure everyone did. Kenny called it a clash of the fucking titans.”

“It wasn’t that bad.”

It had been a solid eight days since the fight, but I still didn’t know exactly why it happened. So I threw caution to the wind and took my opportunity to find out.

“Um, if you don’t mind my asking, why’d you get so pissed off in the first place?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” he said, looking at the floor. “The way Alex was talking about you—You’re worth more than that…”

“Umm, thanks,” I said, unsure of how to respond.

He nodded, set the Smirnoff back onto the counter, and headed back toward the living room.

As Jack left the kitchen, MJ turned to me with a lifted eyebrow.

“That boy likes you,” she said, taking a sip of her drink.

“What are you talking about now?”

“Didn’t you notice how flustered he was when you both grabbed that bottle of vodka?”

“No,” I replied, shaking my head.

“Then you’re blind. Actually, even a blind man could see that Barakat was tripping over himself just now.”

“How dense are you, Andy?”

“I’m not dense. You’re just insane. Jack might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but he’s not that dumb. Boys can’t go after their best friends’ exes. It’s an unspoken law.”

“But boys can’t control who they fall for, either.”

I sighed at her persistence.

“When are you going to realize that I’m happy with how things are?”

“When you can honestly say that.”

“Ugh, you’re impossible…”

“Just you watch. When Jack proclaims his love for you from the rooftops, I’ll be there saying I told you so.”

Proclaims his love from the rooftops? Mary, you really need to lay off the weed.”

“I’ll lay off the weed when you lay off the cynicism, and we both know that isn’t happening anytime soon.”

Smirking, I lifted my cup to eye-level.

“I’ll drink to that.”

+++++
As usual, I beseech thee to RATE & REVIEW thine writings.
;)
Sign up to rate and review this story