Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Don't Trust Me

by killxsmile 5 reviews

"Don't trust a ho. Never trust a ho."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-01 - Updated: 2009-08-01 - 1335 words

2Funny
Author's Note: BLG concert @ Six Flags yesterday. Hopefully the writer's block I have for Lasting Impressions will crumble soon... But for now, here's an update on Jamais Vu.

somethingorother: Haha. Yes. They already have a song. It's not the most romantic one in the book, but a song is a song.

"Not Jim" will have importance very soon ;)

F-A-S-D: Yes, you would think that Andy would know more about Jack, but then again, she only knew Alex between the sheets. lol.

You'll find out who "not Jim" is. Don't worry.

ash360: You'll find out where they go to eat in this chapter.

tryingtohard_x: Hmm. Interesting theory. You'll have to keep reading to see if you're right.


TIME FOR A STORY.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“The Golden Nugget. They have the best French Toast.”

“Alright.”

Around 5 minutes later, we pulled into the aforementioned restaurant’s parking lot. I followed him inside and we were quickly seated by a 30-something man who looked like he’d drank a little too much coffee. After giving us menus, he brightly smiled and asked what we’d like to drink.

“I’ll have orange juice,” I said.

“Milk for me,” Jack added.

“Alright!” Mr. Happy Caffeine said, still smiling as he walked away.

“So you said they have the best French Toast here?” I asked, flipping through the laminated booklet before me.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “And with my sensitive palate, that means something.”

“Okay,” I said, chuckling at his attempt to be serious.

After much deliberation, I decided to trust Jack’s “sensitive palate.”

“Orange juice for the lady, and milk for the gentleman,” the overly peppy waiter said, setting our drinks in front of us. “Now have you decided what you would like to eat this morning?”

“I’ll have the French Toast with a side of bacon,” I replied, handing the menu to him.

“And you?” he asked, turning toward Jack.

“Same, but with sausage.”

“Okay, coming right up.”

He quickly walked off, leaving Jack and I alone once again.

“How’s…life?” he asked.

“God, you’re horrible with small talk,” I said, chuckling.

“What, you could do better?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Then be my guest.”

“Alright,” I smugly replied. “How’s the band doing? Are you excited about being signed?”

“Great and yes.”

“That’s all you have to say?”

“I guess you’re not all that great with small talk,” he said smirking.

“You’re just holding back to spite me. Deep down, you’re just dying to gush about how excited you are.”

“No I’m not.”

“So you can honestly say that you don’t care about making records, playing shows, and having hot, hot groupie sex?”

He let out a sigh.

“Fuck, you caught me.”

“So, go on. Gush away.”

“Okay, I’m ridiculously stoked to get out and record in an actual studio. I can’t even begin to describe how it feels. Seriously. I think I’m getting a boner just thinking about it. We’ve been practicing like crazy for the past few weeks and Alex has been writing like nobody’s business. I feel like there’s a zillion bees flying around in my head and each one is buzzing around, humping flowers and singing ATL songs. It’s insane. And the touring. Holy crap. I know we’re gonna end up in some shitty, broken down van, but it’s still gonna be fucking amazing to play in front of crowds for a living.”

“Wow,” I said, laughing. “I’m not sure how to respond to that.”

“You’re supposed to say ‘That’s interesting. In fact, I think you’re the most interesting person in the world. And on top of that, your band is going to be famous one day because it’s just that awesome,’” he replied, grinning.

“I don’t know about you being the most interesting person in the world, but I agree that you guys will hit it big someday.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “When I wasn’t sucking face with your best friend at band practice, I was listening to you guys play. You aren’t half bad. Actually, you’re pretty fucking good.”

“What’s your favorite song?”

“Hit the Lights.”

“Figures,” he chuckled.

“What?” I asked, not knowing what he meant.

“Alex wrote that one about you.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah. Why would I lie?” he asked, surprised by my reaction.

“I don’t know. It just doesn’t sound like something he would do.”

Jack shrugged.

“I know it sounds weird coming from me, but he loved you in his own way.”

“I guess I did, too,” I replied.

Before an awkward silence could fester between us, the waiter returned with our food.

“Enjoy you meal,” he said with a wide smile.

“We will,” Jack said, grabbing a fork.

“Alright, let’s see if you were right about the French toast,” I said, cutting into it.

“Trust me, it’s good.”

“But 3Oh!3 told me not to trust a ho.”

He rolled his eyes, but I noticed him smiling as he did so.

“Just eat.”

“Aye, aye, captain.”

When I actually took a bite, it was good. REALLY GOOD.

“Howy cwap,” I said, mouth still stuffed with food.

“Told you so.”

I took time to swallow before replying.

“Damn, that was like an orgasm in my mouth.”

“I’m pretty sure that would be salty, not sweet,” he commented.

“Shut up,” I said, attempting to keep a straight face. Keyword: ‘attempting.’

“Come on, you know that was a good one.”

There was no use in holding back my laughter. The boy was too funny.

“Alright, alright. It was a good one.”

“Damn right,” he said, already half done with his first slice.

“So it’s come to my attention that you know more about me than I know about you.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Iono,” he shrugged. “Just tell me about yourself.”

“Hmm… Well I’m an Aries. I like going to shows more than taking long walks on the beach. I also enjoy laughing, drinking, and smoking the occasional cigarette.”

“Favorite music?”

“Brand New, Mindless Self Indulgence, Secondhand Serenade, Motion City Soundtrack, N.E.R.D., Weezer, pretty much all the bands on Decaydance, Bring Me The Horizon, Jack’s Mannequin, Owl City, Boys Like Girls… The list goes on for miles.”

“Drinks?”

“Iced tea, sweetened or Long Island. Kamikazes. Jagerbombs.”

“Boys?”

“I like them like my drinks. Strong, but a little sweet, too.”

The rest of breakfast went on like this—flirty banter with the occasional lewd comment thrown in. After we finished eating, we split the bill, then Jack drove me back to my house.

“Thanks for the ride,” I said as he walked me to my door.

“No problem. Maybe we can do this again sometime?”

“Maybe…”

“Alright,” he said with a huge smile. “See you around, Andy.”

He walked back to his car, leaving me to wonder about what had just transpired.

Am I going insane, or did Jack Barakat just ask me out?


+++++
Now that Jack's making a move, what does Andy think?
How will Alex feel about his BFF moving in on his ex?
Who was "not" Jim, and what is his significance?

If you want more, you're gonna have to RATE & REVIEW.

Since the Q&A on Lasting Impressions is going so well, I thought I'd try it out here, too.

Q&A #1: Aside from All Time Low, what music do you listen to?

If you've read any of my older stories on here, you know that Fall Out Boy is at the top of my list. My love affair with them began 4 years ago and hasn't stopped since. Brand New, Boys Like Girls, Cobra Starship, Mindless Self Indulgence, Lights, The Starting Line, and Gym Class Heroes are just a few others that are in my iTunes library. If you've been paying attention to this story's chapter titles, you'll see a bit of my musical taste.
Sign up to rate and review this story