Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Brand New Eyes.

Chapter Two.

by madzMCRMY 3 reviews

meeting..

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-06 - Updated: 2009-08-07 - 977 words

1Exciting
(POV - HAYLEY)
"So this is the guitar 'Good Riddance' was recorded on?" I said, holding onto the old guitar Rob just showed me, in complete disbelief it was right in front of me. He simply nodded, and butterflies filled my stomach. Amazing. A phone rang, breaking me out of my trance, and Rob left me alone to get it. The guys went out to eat, I decided to hang back. This was nice, I was finally alone.

I decided to feel the magic in this guitar, strumming out the chords of the very song it was recorded on.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.



Someone cleared their throat. Quickly I looked up, startled, only to see the faces of none other than Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool. "What the.." I squeaked out, blinking a few times. I must be going friggin' insane.. I thought. But there they sat.

"Holy..wow. Hey?" Smoooth, Hayley.

Tre was the first to speak, grinning at me. "Damn good, damn good." Was all he said, nodding. Chuckling awkwardly, I tried to think of something to say.

"Almost as good as me, almost." Billie Joe said with a wink. Mike just nodded. What was going on?!

"Err, thanks." I wasn't sure how to put this. "Not like I'm flattered, or not totally stoked you're here, but why the Hell are you here?!" I asked with a laugh.

"We're here to help your band with your..issues." Mike spoke up, giving me a comforting smile.

"Rob invited us." Billie added. Tre just stared at me with his bright blue eyes, and I began to feel a little uncomfortable.

Saving me, Josh, Zac, Jeremy, and Taylor shuffled into the room making their introductions with the guys. It was time to get to work. Tre latched onto my wrist, holding our arms up. "Oooh! Oooh! I call Hayley!" I giggled at his enthusiastic behavior.

Rolling his eyes, Billie walked up to us. "Tre, what do you know about singing and lyrics?" Tre opened his mouth to say something, but Billie cut him off. "That are serious." Tre grinned, still holding my wrist and swinging my arm back and forth.

"Absolutely nothing!" He proudly stated. "But she's pretty and I like her hair!" I couldn't help but blush, damn this dude was forward!

"Tre," I began in a sweet tone. "I'm going with Billie to talk about writing, and you'll talk to Zac about drumming, okay?" He pouted. Hah, how cute is he? Hold up. Cute? I patted his fauxhawk and added, "I'll talk to you later, okay?" Then made my way to the back of the room with Billie.

(GENERAL POV)
Billie took Hayley to one side of the room, while Mike took Josh, Jeremy, and Taylor to the other. Tre and Zac just sat in the middle.

"Alright." Billie began, plopping down next to Hayley on a couch. "First I need to know - what exactly is the problem with you guys right now?"

Hayley simply opened up a black notebook covered in stickers - Billie smiled faintly seeing a Green Day one - and handed it to him. The page read;

"if i'm a bad person, you don't like me
i guess i'll go, make my own way
it's a circle a mean cycle i can't excite you anymore
where's your gavel? your jury? what's my offense this time?
you're not a judge but if you're gonna judge me well sentence me to another life.
don't wanna hear your sad songs
i don't wanna feel your pain
when you swear it's all my fault cause you know we're not the same
oh we're not the same
the friends who stuck together we wrote our names in blood
but i guess you can't accept that the change is good
it's good
you treat me just like another stranger
well it's nice to meet you sir i guess i'll go i best be on my way out
ignorance is your new best friend"

"It's just a draft, not really that great.." She blurted, suddenly self-concious.

"No fuckin' way, this is really good. It shows a lot of emotion." Hayley blushed, watching his emerald green eyes scan over her lyrics. "You're taking a risk, I like it. Its about the guys, I'm guessing?" He asked, lifting his eyes off the paper to meet hers. The girl bit her lip, nodding.

"Them, and the so-called fans." Billie nodded, really listening. It was just what she needed. "They won't let me grow up or change at all. They either act like its not happening or treat me like complete shit, I'm so sick of it!" Running a hand though her hair, Hayley sighed in frustration. Billie just smiled at her reassuringly.

"I get what you mean." He stated.

"Am I being too blunt, though?" Hayley questioned herself more than anyone.

Quickly Billie shook his head, his black hair sticking out every which way. "You have to take risks, don't give a fuck. Take American Idiot for example. It's your mind; speak it." Giving her a pat on the back, he grinned, and she returned the smile. "You've got guts, and talent. You'll get through this."
Sign up to rate and review this story