Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Brand New Eyes.

Chapter One.

by madzMCRMY 0 reviews

arguing...

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-07-25 - Updated: 2009-07-25 - 679 words

0Unrated
It was a rainy spring day, matching the moods of the four boys and girl making up the band Paramore. They sat in their fancy new recording studio, where they'd work on their latest album that was supposed to be a hit. Well, it was said by one man, Rob Cavallo, the producer that'd chosen them. At the moment he was standing back watching them with a nervous expression. He'd worked with bands they idolized - Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Less Than Jake, the list goes on. You'd expect the group to be eager and excited, but all they were was uncomfortable, awkward, and especially angry.

"Of course," Hayley Williams, the tiny but fierce lead singer scoffed the the group of guys. "It's all because of me. My lyrics are too mature, they've got too much feeling, right?" The color of her face almost matched the color of her firey red hair as she failed at controlling her anger.

"Um, no, it's more like your lyrics are talking shit about us!" Josh, the muscular and tall guitar player said back, his voice dangerously rising.

"I'm a lyricist and an artist, I say what I'm feeling. What else could I write about?" She shot back, teeth clenched. The other members sat back, uncomfortable, as she went on fiddling with the notebook full of lyrics in her hands. "I write the reality you obviously can't see!"

An uneasy silence filled the room that felt like hours. Finally, Zac, Josh's younger brother, and their drummer spoke up. "You've changed. We get it. But you haven't really changed for the better, if this is what you're going to write.." He stared down at his drumsticks, unhappy with the situation. Another awkward silence filled the room.

This was how it seemed to be for the past several months, every time they'd try to seriously talk at least. Josh and Hayley were the more opinionated and confrontational members of the group, they could argue for hours. Zac, Jeremy - the oldest member and their bass player, and Taylor - their unofficial member and rhythm guitar player for the band just at in the corner and occasionally added their input. Jeremy finally broke the silence.

After clearing his throat and running a hand through his beard he suggested, "Why don't we just take a break for today," He got up from the couch he'd been sitting on and walked over to Hayley, resting a hand on her shoulder. "We can just calm down and start over tomorrow." Silently they nodded, knowing tomorrow would be exactly the same.

As they turned to the door, Rob came in, acting as if he hadn't heard a thing. "Where are you guys going so early?"

"We need some time to cool down." Hayley muttered, trying to make herself sound happier. Rob gave them a hesitant nod, looking worried, but let the group go their seperate ways.

(POV - ROB)

I sat outside the room for over an hour listening to them argue - they needed help. I'd known bands that went through stuff like this before. Bands that were influential to Paramore. Maybe they just needed some guidance to get through this - like school..but better. Knowing exactly what band to call, I grinned taking out my cell phone. I dialed the cell phone of Billie Joe Armstrong, hoping he and the guys would be into this.

(POV - BILLIE)

"Like a big band teaching a smaller band?" I asked Rob. This could be a really good idea. I'd heard of Paramore. Well, mostly from my sons talking about how "crazy hot the orange-haired girl was!" I'd heard a few songs - the girl had major pipes. We'd been through similar problems when we tryed to grow as a band, so why not?

"I'm up for it. I'll have to check with the guys, though." I said, and turned to ask Mikey and Tre. They were both into it, so there we were. We ditched some press shit and made our way to Rob's studio the next morning.
Sign up to rate and review this story