Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Secret Valentine

by killxsmile 4 reviews

"Just close your eyes. We'll hope it's not for nothing at all."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-12 - Updated: 2009-08-13 - 2082 words

3Original
Author's Note: Quick feedback = Updates. So I delivered ;)

THANK YOUS
somethingorother: Alex is just full of surprises.

I'm not really into baseball, but since I live on the Northwest side, I'm a Cubs fan. My high school actually does this thing called the Cubby Walk every year. In May, everyone walks from the gym to Wrigley Field to watch a game instead of going to class.

F-A-S-D: lol. he wasn't the most articulate person when explaining why Andy should give Jack a chance, but it was pretty effective nonetheless.

If I could only listen to one band/singer for the rest of my life, I'd easily choose Fall Out Boy. I've been following them for the past 4 years and I still love them to death. Listening to their albums got me through high school.

danceislife: I'm keeping my lips sealed for now, but you'll like this chapter. I promise.

Yep. Moocow is a classic ;)

You've been writing letters with your friend for more than half your life? That is really cool. It's always so exciting to get actual letters in the mail, rather than flyers and notices for prepaid credit cards.

doyleangel: Now that things have been cleared with Alex, the ball is in Andy's court.

HOT MESS IS AMAAAAZING.
I want to get up and dance when I listen to it.

ohsotay23: Andy does NOT want Jack. At least, that's what she's trying to convince herself.

ash360: Andrea's as stubborn as they come. So it's a good thing that Jack's not one who gives up easily.

The last things that I bought on impulse were my tickets for GK tour. Both Chicago dates = $70 down the drain. At first I was thinking "OMFG. Did I just do that?!" Then a few seconds later I was all "FUCK YEAH! ATL ON TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS!" JFC. I'm really bad when it comes to concerts because living in Chicago, almost all bands run their tours through here. This in turn, gives me a plentitude of opportunities to blow my money on tickets and merch.


STORY BELOW...

“Hey, wifey. Do you have plans right now?” MJ asked as I shoved my Physics binder into my locker.

“Sadly, yes. Gotta get my ass over to Cobra.”

“I thought you didn’t work Fridays.”

“I don’t, but Charlie called in sick, and there’s no one else that can take his shift, so I’m stuck with it.”

“Aww, I was hoping we could stop by Jamba Juice or something. Now I’m stuck with Kenny.”

“How tragic,” I said, mocking her dramatics.

“I’ve spent every day this week at his house after school, helping his mom with some PTA fundraiser for his little brother’s school. I love Kenny and all, but I need some girl time,” she said, slipping her hand into mine.

“I would if I could, but I can’t so I won’t,” I said, sighing. “I love me some girl time and Jamba Juice, but Harry’s depending on me.”

“Alright…” she said, untangling her fingers from mine. “Free Sunday?”

“Yep,” I nodded. “You’ll have me all to yourself.”

“Sweet.”

She flashed me a bright smile before catching up with Kenny at the end of the hallway. I grabbed my name tag out of my locker, then quickly headed out to my car. The drive to work wasn’t too long, and within 15 minutes I was in the parking lot of the local video/game/DVD rental store.

Cobra Video.

Despite the exotic name, there’s nothing remotely exciting about the place. Since the evolution of bootleg websites like watch-movies-links.net (good quality stuff on there) and services like Netflix, business hasn’t been all that great. We pretty much thrive on three types of customers.

First, there are the baby boomers who have yet to buy DVD players and insist on renting VHS copies of Citizen Cane, Titanic, and Jurassic Park.

Second, there are the kids who want to try out Xbox games before buying them.

Third, there are people who refuse to watch pirated movies, either due to morals or lack of access to good copies.

Though it doesn’t sound like much, these groups are enough to keep us in business.

Hours passed as I sat behind the counter, and only 9 people had come in, 5 of which actually purchased or rented something.

8:00 eventually rolled around, signaling the end of my shift. I quickly locked the register, turned off all the lights, and locked the door behind me as I walked out.

Slipping into the driver’s seat, I took off my nametag, put on my seatbelt, and headed home for a well-deserved pint of ice cream.

After a 5-hour shift at one of the most boring jobs on the planet, there are some things that you don’t want to come home to. And let me tell you, Jack Barakat standing on top of my roof definitely topped the list.

“Oh my God,” I muttered to myself as I parked in the driveway. Yanking the keys out of the ignition, I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, JACK?!” I yelled, wondering how the hell he got up there.

“PROVING THAT I LIKE YOU!”

“BY STANDING ON MY ROOF LIKE A CRAZY MORON?!”

“YEAH! I MEAN NO. I MEAN—”

“NOTHING’S GONNA COME OF THIS, SO JUST GO HOME.”

Seriously? Does he think that this will make me change my mind about anything?

“NOT UNTIL YOU GIVE ME A CHANCE.”

“WELL THAT’S NOT HAPPENING, SO JUST GET THE HELL OFF MY ROOF!”

“Nope. I’m not gonna leave until you listen,” he replied, crossing his arms. As he said this, I noticed that a ladder was propped up against the side of my house.

“Fine. Have it your way,” I said, walking toward the wall closest to him.

“Wait, what are you doing?” he asked.

Not bothering to reply, I moved the ladder and laid it flat on the ground.

“Andrea, wait!”

“You said you weren’t going to leave until I listened. Since that’s not happening anytime soon I guess you’ll be up there for a while.”

As he looked down at me, eyes wide in desperation. I smirked and waved before going inside.

Yes. I am a bitch.

Ignoring the skinny lunatic on my roof, I dropped my book bag next to the door and headed straight for my fridge, in search of a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Once I found the small carton, I grabbed a spoon, went to my room, popped Pretty In Pink into my DVD player, and planted myself in bed.

As Duckie tried to make Andie jealous at the club, the sound of thunder caught my attention. I turned my attention away from drama on screen and looked outside. It was pouring, and by the looks of it, it had been for a while. I guess I was just too focused on the movie to notice.

While water continued falling against my window, I realized that my very own delusional stalker was most probably still on the roof.

And so began the epic battle between my optimistic conscience and the devil on my shoulder.

You should check to see if he’s alright. It’s pouring outside.

—Please. He’s a boy. He probably gave up and left a while ago.

Didn’t you hear him earlier? He said that he wasn’t going to leave until you listened to him.

—Words. Just silly words.

C’mon. You know how determined he was. He’s still out there and he’s soaking wet.

—Do you really think that a guy would stay out in the rain just to talk to Andy?

As a matter of fact, I do. He’s a very nice boy, and deep down, Andy knows that.

—Yeah, he’s nice, but only because he wants to get in her pants. Doesn’t the name Alex Gaskarth ring a bell?

Jack is different.

—Is not.

Is so.

—No.

Yes.

—No.

Yes.

—No.

No.

—Yes.

Ha! Got you!

—Aw, fuck…


Since my conscience had won, I found myself opening my window and climbing up onto my roof. Sure enough, Jack was sitting there, soaked to the bone.

“Why are you still here?” I asked, confused.

“Well, first of all, you moved the ladder, and that made it kind of hard to get down,” he replied. “Second, my phone ran out of battery, so I couldn’t call anyone for help. Third, I was hoping that you’d change your mind…”

“Jack…”

I sighed, looking at him as he sat there, rain still pelting against his skinny frame and I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him.

“You’re a nice guy and all, but you’re wasting your time on me.”

With that comment, I took a seat next to him.

“How are you so sure of that?” he asked, turning to face me.

“I’m not good with relationships,” I simply replied, looking off into the distance. “You’ve seen how dysfunctional Alex and I were.”

“I know…” he replied as rain continued falling over the both of us. “But I don’t think it would be like that with us.”

“How are you so sure of that?”

“Because I want a relationship that spans outside of the bedroom.”

“See, that right there is the problem.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, confusion apparent on his face.

“The bedroom scene is pretty much all I know. I’ve never been one of the touchy-feely types.”

“Maybe that’s because you’ve never tried.”

For once in my life, I had absolutely nothing to say, so I let sounds of rain against my roof fill the silence between us. Minutes passed before either of us spoke.

“…Aren’t you cold?” he eventually asked.

Under normal circumstances the wind wouldn’t have bothered me, but with my shirt and jeans were thoroughly soaked, so even a slight breeze caused me to shiver.

“I could ask you the same question.”

He looked down and sighed.

“I think it’s time I head inside,” I said, carefully getting up from my seat and heading toward my window.

Noticing that Jack wasn’t moving, I turned around and motioned for him to follow me.

“You’re letting me inside your house?” he asked, standing up.

“I may be a bitch, but I’m not a not a complete monster,” I replied. “Plus I’m too lazy to run down there and get the ladder for you.”

“Um, before we go inside, do you think you could do me a favor?”

“If you’re going to ask me to reconsider—”

“No, it’s not that,” he said shaking his head. “I’ve been meaning to give you something, but since you’ve been avoiding me like I’m the plague, I haven’t had the chance.”

“Jack, I can’t accept—”

“Please? I mean, I’ve been waiting out here in rain and everything.”

I let out a reluctant sigh before nodding.

“Alright.”

“Um, could you close your eyes for a second?” he said, reaching into his pockets. “I want it to be a surprise.”

“Do you really have something in your pocket or are you gonna push me off the roof? Because I definitely understand why you’d want to, but—”

“No, I’m not gonna push you off the roof,” he said, shaking his head. “Just close your eyes.”

“I hope it’s not for nothing,” I quietly said, shutting my eyes.

“Same here,” he said.

As a soft rain continued to fall, I felt his lips gently press against mine. My brain was screaming ‘WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?’ but my mouth didn’t get that message. So instead of turning away, I found myself moving closer to him.

It was only when he pulled away that I realized that he was holding my hands. With a tentative smile, he glanced down at them before looking up at me.

“We should go inside,” I said, barely audible as a smile crept over my lips.

He nodded and followed.

+++++

Andy has FINALLY given in.
What does that mean for Jack?
RATE & REVIEW to find out.

Q&A #6: What's a song that people wouldn't expect you to like?

I really love "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.
(And before you ask, yes, I've watched the movie.)
Sign up to rate and review this story