Categories > Original > Romance > For Our Sins

Pachinko

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

What there is plot? Yes it's true... there's a loose base of plot, yay me! R&R if you like it

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Published: 2009-08-16 - Updated: 2009-08-17 - 1724 words

0Unrated
For our sins (3)

Love wasn't the problem, really at first, it was hiding it, from other students and from Hantou's parents. It was getting harder and harder to avoid the public affection they enjoyed when they were at home and for Takahashi it was also getting harder to accept that girls invited out his “closet” partner.

“I hate the fact that they approach you in the first place,” Takahashi flopped on the sofa, “it's White Day and I want you to myself.”

“You're whining.” Takahashi looked at him as the darker-haired student smirked.

“It's not funny Hana-san.” Takahashi looked at him. “I hate hiding that I have affections for you.”

“I want to make love to you,” Hanatou's eyes softened, “but we're on campus, people come in on a whim, we're not out of our parents each either and at the moment I need my dad's money to fund being here. If he thought I was dating a man he'd stop my cash.”

“I want to be selfish.” Takahashi whimpered, even though he felt stupid saying it aloud.

“I'm sorry to make this difficult on you.” Hanatou sighed, he sat beside Takahashi, “I'll look for a condo, something cheap. It won't be much more than we pay now and I can tell dad I'll get a part-time job so he won't need to worry about paying more and tell him it's better on study.”

“You're studying to be a doctor, doing that will affect your study time too much and our...”

“Shush a moment,” Hanatou locked hands with his, “we got like a few years at most here. What if you think about it this way? A few hours of your time to study and I'll be able to cut down going out, study then and the rest of the time is for us.”

“You love going out though.” The young purple-haired student looked at him. “I'll get a job too.”

“Nope.” He leant over and kissed him, it was a soft almost caring one for Hanatou and Takahashi looked at him. “You're job will be to keep happy and nothing more.”

“I'm not sure I can let you do all that.” Takahashi said his honesty was partly that he'd feel guilty not putting more into a household.

“Let's try Taka-san,” he brushed his lips over his partners, “I time time alone with you, before we both end up with other interests.”

“A strange thought,” Takahashi looked at him, his head cocked slightly, “don't you see this as permanent?”

“I,” Hanatou realised that he had a point, was he treating it like he'd look back in a few years with nothing more than fond memories? “I hadn't thought about it.”

“I think I'd prefer it if you do, before we move to a condo or to anything else.” With that the younger of the two got up and headed out for a walk.

Takahashi ended up at a local bar, he sat down with a sigh, clearly Hanatou saw him as a fling or rebellion. He saw the darker-haired man in another light entirely, and it was a problem he really did not want to face. Perhaps he was being an idiot for expecting more at such a young age anyway. One true love, it was such drivel anyway.

It was early the next morning, following a walk through the park in the pouring rain, when he headed back to the dormitory. Hanatou was in his bedroom, he'd been up all night thinking and he hadn't called his friend, it seemed the wrong thing to do somehow. He leant out of the window and lit up a smoke seeing his friend walking through the streets drenched with the rain. The sigh was so audible that the young man looked up, Hanatou headed to the door and opened it without another word and then headed to his room.

“Thank you.” Takahashi whispered and threw the sodden clothes into the washing pile to take for laundry before stepping into the hot shower.

Hanatou locked up their door and stubbed out his smoke before heading to the bathroom, Takahashi was resting again the shower wall and didn't hear him walk in. He jumped a little as the object of his current confusion stepped into the hot water with him. Hanatou wrapped his arms around him from behind, his head resting on the shorter man's shoulder for a moment. Takahashi knew it was his quiet, but quite dominant nature, that drew him to Hanatou. What annoyed him was that he couldn't seem to find a middle-ground for the on/off switch his partner had.

“I didn't mean it to sound to cold.” Hanatou whispered to him, he gently kissed his shoulder. “I don't know if this will work yet so I just want to take things one step at a time. I should explain myself better I know.”

“Sorry I ran off.” Takahashi whispered, relaxing under the water, he tilted his head up and looked at Hanatou. “What... what are you planning to do then?”

“I've rang a friend, he says that his cousin owns a pachinko parlour and he usually struggles to get anyone to cover the late shift on the weekends. I figure I can go do that and save up enough to get us a deposit.” Hanatou's hands ran over his smooth flesh and he kissed him softly.

Takahashi relaxed for a while after that, Hanatou took the job a few days later and being so busy with their studies and then the work the young student didn't miss going out. It was Sunday he looked forward too, each week he'd get the Sunday to relax and Takahashi made them dinner. The other students figured that Hanatou had decided to stop going out because he needed more money, maybe his dad had stopped paying for him because he had been out drinking so much, neither student cared to correct the rumour either.

The pachinko place was okay, Hanatou got on well with his friends cousin, a man named Jin for short. Jin seemed to leave most of the staff to the daily running, Hanatou was responsible for checking that the people there didn't pass out, some of the hardcore players would be there from open to closing, Hanatou was also learning that people made a living out of the gambling, despite it being illegal for the balls to be exchanged for cash inside, the shop outside however brought the prizes for money, a grey area which meant money could be made.

“I'm away this weekend.” Jin told Hanatou as he headed into collect his wages on the Thursday. “Do you think you could do a few more hours on the Sunday just this once?”

“Sure um I'll check with my room mate he cooks for me Sunday's, I don't want him to waste food.” Hanatou walked past a guy who seemed to pay particular interest in him, Hanatou didn't like it, the look was predatory.

He headed home to his partner to explain the situation, Takahashi said it was fine because he was about to head to his parents for the weekend and it meant that he wouldn't have to worry about getting him some food sorted out. Hanatou didn't comment that he could look after himself, he liked that his partner worried about him.

Takanori left the Friday after college, there was a brief goodbye before Takahashi got onto the train to head out to Hiratsuka, it was still in the Kanagawa Prefecture but he liked to head back and stay with his parents rather than take a quick trip to them. He settled with a book and made a quick silent prayer that his parents would be able to afford a little extra money, he didn't want to be some kind of free-loader to Hanatou if he could help it but his parents wouldn't like it if he worked too.

Hanatou headed off to work, covering more work was easy at that time of the night, he could smoke and drink caffeine bombs and despite knowing it was probably taking a few years off his life he really didn't care. He had pretty much everything he wanted already, he flopped into the chair at the office desk and flipped the page open, time to catch up on his homework. He didn't see the same guy that had been watching him earlier as he entered the hallway, he didn't see the loaded gun not-so-well hidden under the jumper, in fact Hanatou only saw the arrival when the gun was pushed under his chin and he was forced to look up. His eyes widened, the man holding it smirked.

“You'll do as you're told and you can walk away, do really well and I'll even pay you.” He grinned, Iwao was an older man, in his mid-thirties and Hanatou already disliked the look of him, now he disliked his attitude too.

“What do you want?” Hanatou tried to keep his voice steady, it wasn't very easy though.

“Usually we have a couple of meetings here, Jin don't care so neither will you. Keep your mouth shut...” He looked at Hanatou's book. “Are you training for something?”

“No I just get bored and read medical texts to pass my time.” He snapped and then bit his lip, that was not the best idea. “I mean... yeah.”

“Well you keep yourself to yourself and don't interfere with my work and I won't interfere with your study.” He looked at the young man, his hand brushed his cheek, Hanatou flinched. “They will be here in a few hours.”

“Who... are they?” Hanatou pulled back from the touch, Iwao simply did nothing for him.

“Yakuza.” He smirked and pulled the gun back before walking out.

Hanatou was left sitting wide-eyed and open-mouthed for a few minutes after he'd gone. He'd heard about Yakuza operating from the back of legitimate businesses, but until now had never seen it first hand. The young student was worried, he didn't want to be drawn into the dark world of gangs but Jin wasn't around and maybe he could just stick the weekend out and then move on once the boss came back, he didn't want to get into trouble because it would also bring the trouble to Takahashi, and risk his future career.
Sign up to rate and review this story