Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

Ready to Surrender

by SafeBehindMusic 0 reviews

Some more Jack goodness for the lovely readers.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-08-29 - Updated: 2009-08-30 - 1344 words

3Original
Once again thanks to my loyal readers. Your reviews keep me motivated. If your out there reading, let me hear what you think.

On the the story


~~~~~~~

Long day did not cover it. When the bell rang signaling the beginning of first period I realized that I already had a problem. First period was English and I didn’t have any of my brail books with me. Which meant that I didn’t have the required text, which meant that I was unprepared, which inevitably led to the conclusion that I was fucked.

As if sensing my nervousness and sudden discomfort Jack spoke in my ear startling me a bit.

“You okay?"

“I don’t have the textbook.” I admitted.

“that’s because she has not handed them out yet.” He said nonchalantly.

“Did you forget already I’m blind. The book needs to be in brail. Most textbooks need to be special ordered.” I whispered back.

“I don’t think that’s going to be a problem Celeste.” Jack said.

“Oh. Yeah and why is that Jack?” I said almost a little annoyed.

“Because I have your copy of the book right here.” Ms. Klein said at my other side.

In all of my worrying I had not heard her approach my desk.

“Your copy of the text and the other required readings were delivered this morning. Each of your teachers has a copy for you when you get to class. Here is your copy of the textbook. Its all you will need for now. I wanted to tell you before the bell rang. I just ran out of time.” I felt her place something on my desk and then she placed my hand on top of the book. I dragged my hand across it “A comprehensive view to literature. Volumes A and B.”

“Thank you.” I said sheepishly.

“You are quite welcome.” She said walking away and handing out the rest of the books.

“Don’t worry. Everything has been taken care of. Your going to be fine here.” Jack whispered into my ear before turning his attention to Ms. Klein.

“Ok so. This year we are going to be doing something different. I usually have each person do a monologue from a play of there choice. This semester instead of a monologue you will have to do a scene in pairs. To make sure that the pairs are chosen fairly I will pick names out of a hat followed by a play and that’s how we will go. Two people, one scene.”

There was a collective grumble from that class and a few “ I hope I don’t get that person” flying around. I didn’t see the problem. I loved the idea. It was better than what would have been at a school for the blind.

Ms. Klein started picking names and played and I was a little upset when Macbeth, Hamlet, and Madea where chosen.

Then my name was called.

“Celeste Jones and Jack Barakat. You guys will have to chose a scene from... Romeo and Juliet.”

I heard Jack groan next to me.

“Mr. Barakat do you have a problem with the play or your partner.”

“the play. Doesn’t that Romeo dude wear tights.”

“Yes. What's the problem.”

“I’m not wearing tights.”

“Jack you don’t have to wear tights. You are just reading from the play from memory of course.”

“Oh.”

“Ms. Jones. Any objections?”

“None at all. I would have preferred something different as to the play but this is fine.”

“Good. Now class today we will be…”

Once she turned her attention away from us Jack whispered.

“She just wanted to picture me in tights.”

I couldn’t help but laugh.

Once the lesson started I reached into my bag and took out my lap top, powered her on and turned into student extraordinaire.

When the bell rang signaling the end of the period I felt good. We had covered material I was familiar with and nothing tragic happened. I didn’t embarrass myself, things were going well. That is until Jack began to lead me to second period.

It seemed as if he was taking Alex’s warning a little to serious. A bit of dust had made its way into my nose and made me sneeze, which in turn caused Jack to panic.

“Oh my god. Are you okay. Do you need to go to the nurse. If anything happens…”

It was kinda cute hearing him ramble on like that but I knew it was causing him extreme discomfort. I had to end it.

“hey Jack?”

“Yeah?”

“It was just a sneeze. I promise. You can relax.”

“You sure you are ok?”

“yes I am fine. But I thought that your tour of duty was done for the day?”

“Just done for now. I have to take you to your next class. Alex will take over and then you get to meet Rian who has the next shift. And then I get you before Amy, Rian's girlfriend takes over for gym.”

Before I could comment a new voice boomed in the hallway. I didn’t mean to but it made me jump.

“Barakat!!! If your pansy ass is not in this gym in the next 60 seconds I will have your head on a platter. Stop chit chatting like a little girl and get in here. NOW!”

“But I…”

“Are you questioning me Barakat? Get your lanky behind in here and give me 20 no 30 push-ups!!!”

Drill sergeant much?

“But coach I’m supposed to….”

“I know what you are supposed to be doing and that is not hanging out in the hallway. Now lets go!” He said before the gym door closed.

“Jack just go I don’t want you to get in trouble. Besides I’m sure there is a hall monitor or another student that can show me to my next class.”

“Celeste you don’t understand.” He sounded sad, maybe a little nervous. I couldn’t figure out why but his nervousness was making me nervous.

“Jack just please go. I’ll be fine.”

“But…”

Just then the door slammed open.

“BARAKAT!!”

“just go!” I really did not want him to get in trouble because of me. It would be a really bad thing to have one of the people trying to help me get into trouble because of me.

“Okay. I’ll text Alex and tell him where I left you. Just sit right on this bench.”

Jack grabbed my hand and sat me down on a bench that must have been near the gym. I could hear the boys inside making a whole bunch of noise.

“Don’t move okay?”

“Okay. Now go on before you get into trouble.”

“Okay. See you at lunch?” I heard him hesitate.

“More like hear you at lunch but yeah.” I said.

“See ya Celeste.”

And then I could hear him taking off in the other direction, the bell rang and then nothing. Here I was in the exact predicament that I had tried to avoid since becoming blind. I was alone and totally helpless. I had no idea which way was left and which way was right. Besides that I was late for class. According to my schedule my next class was music. I really did not want to miss it. It was a class I could understand perfectly. Needing really only ears to be able to comprehend things.

New School 2. Celeste 0.

The day had just turned into a nightmare and I was ready to throw up a white flag and surrender.


~~~~~~~
There you have it. Jack has made his entrance. Please dont kill me if I do not update as fast. I start school in a week and am in the process of moving back into the dorms. Sophmore year here I come.I am trying to update again tommorow so keep a look out.Again rate and review. Lurkers who do not will be removed from the premisis, or I'll sick my dog Common on you. Haha!
Sign up to rate and review this story