Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago, the fang-like thorn in my side

I'd trade my tears for your fears, So take a look at your life before you complain my dear

by Xnataliex 5 reviews

William is a bad man.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-12 - Updated: 2009-09-12 - 2596 words

0Unrated
Gabe’s P.O.V

“You have to run, William is coming now” I told them.
They all looked at me open mouthed.
“What the fuck!?” Pete said for them all. Stephanie and I both looked at each other.
“You explain” I told her.

“I’m a hologramer” She explained. Looks of confusion followed.
“A what?” Questioned Joe. Stephanie rolled her eyes.
Joe pouted, offended.
“Don’t get all prissy; you’re the Godamn bad guy” Snapped Harper.

Stephanie narrowed her eyes and flipped her white-blonde hair. “You plan to fight with a bunch of children Gabriel?” She said stiffly. It was a face palm moment; I knew exactly what would happen next.

“Why the fuck are you with her Gabe?” Shouted Andy.
“Look she’s on our side” I told them. They all looked at me sceptically.

Sarcastic yeah right’s soon followed, as expected; Reggie was the leader of that one. As usual Pete began to pace.

“Reggie, she is with us” I insisted. She stared me straight in the face, her brown eyes filled with doubt. I knew that out of all of the people there, Reggie’s trust was the only trust that was really important.

“I don’t think we can even trust you” Stated Kyle boldly, folding his arms. There were a few calls of approval.
I was starting to panic now. This was taking far too long. “William will be here soon with God knows how many, you all need to get out of here now” I said, almost pleading.
Reggie was still looking at me, chewing her bottom lip. I knew in that instant I had one her over.
“We better go” She told the group.
“Aw come on Reggie, stop being so…” Said Andy, trailing off.
“So what?” She asked.
“So damn naïve” He said gruffly.
“Yeah well I wish you’d stop being an asshole, but unfortunately that obviously isn’t going to happen is it?” She snapped at him, moving closer to me. Andy shut his mouth.
“Where are we supposed to go?” said Reggie.
“Take them back” I told her.
“But…” She replied trailing off.
“He would never think to go back there” I said softly.
Reggie looked at me and nodded but I could see that she was still nervous about the idea.
“It’s trashed Gabe” Said Frank.
“I know but its safe for now” I replied.

“They’re here!” Shouted Brooke. Sure enough ten seconds later the dandies shouts could be heard from outside.
The house began to shake from the foundations
“Get down!” I shouted as the house began to fall apart.

Stephanie stopped holograming. We both ran out of Williams’s castle as fast as our legs could carry us.

Natalie’s P.O.V

I slowly sat up, amazed I was still alive. I was covered in debris from the building.
“Kill them all” Said a cold voice; the voice filled me with dread.

I slowly crawled my way through, coughing up the dust as I went, over to where I could see an unconscious Lindsey. There was a part of the wall on top of her and I couldn’t shift it. I tried my best not to panic and attempted to move it again, still no luck.

I jumped as I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Christie; she put a finger to her lips. As always Frank was by her side they both pulled the plaster of Lindsey.
“Have you seen anyone else?” Whispered Christie. I shook my head. I looked at Lindsey; her normally brown hair was grey from the dust, as was the hoody and skinny jeans combo she was wearing.
“She has a pulse” Said Frank softly. I sighed in relief as I saw her chest rise and fall.
“Have you seen Elizabeth; she was sitting with us, shouldn’t she be near by?” I asked them. They both shook their heads.
We all froze as a large part of concrete was moved out of the way. It was only Alex.
“Have you seen Brooke?” he asked. I could see the worry in his eyes.
“She was right next to me” He said quietly.
“No, you seen anyone else?” Asked Frank.
“Only Patrick and that Reid girl, he’s healing her back there” Alex replied, pointing back to the hole he just crawled through.

“What the hell happened? Alex muttered.
“One moment people were arguing, the next the house was falling apart” Said Christie.
“Shit; William must have some powerful vamps on his side” Said Frank.
We looked up as Patrick led Reid through the hole; he automatically went over to Lindsey and started healing her. I watched him touch her gently, murmuring as he did so.

“Fuck this bullshit” Said Reid loudly. “Be quiet; they’ll find us” Said Christie in an anguished whisper.

Reid glared at her but didn’t reply. Lindsey began to groan.
“Any more pain?” Patrick asked in a whisper.
“No I’m fine, thank you” Lindsey whispered back.

“What are we going to do?” asked Patrick. His question was answered as the cold night air streamed in. Some one had moved the concrete above us but the question was: good or bad?

Answer: Bad.
Brendon smirked down at us all, throwing a ball of fire from one hand to the next.
“Move” Shouted Frank; he stood up, bracing himself for a fight. We all backed away from the opening, crawling through the hole Alex, Patrick and Reid had come from. As I looked back I saw Frank morph into a bear and push Brendon away from the opening. Christie gulped but kept going, leading us through.

Max suddenly walked through the wall, holding Elizabeth. We all jumped.
“Sorry” He panted.
“Running isn’t going to work; we have to fight” Said Alex.
Chelsea teleported behind us; yet again we jumped.
“Grab on to a part of me” She told us. We all touched us and we teleported to the outside of the wrecked house.

“Go find cover and stick together!” Said Christie, she ran off into the night Alex, Patrick and Max close behind her.

“Come on” I said ducking down as something flew over our heads. We were still dizzy from teleporting but we quickly moved away from the broken house over to some trees. Reid unclipped her strange weapon from her belt and began flipping various switches.
“Where are you going? They said stick together” Elizabeth shouted after Reid as she began to walk away.
“This is the best chance I have to get Meredith back” She said as she ran off into the night. I silently prayed that she would some how get out of there alive. I prayed for the rest of us too. Praying? I hadn’t prayed or believed in anything for years but some how it seemed necessary now.

Thick smoke filled the air as did a burning smell. We looked up to see the tree we were leaning against was on fire.
“Boo” Said Brendon, smirking as always.
Frank was human again and was lying unconscious on the ground a few metres away.
We backed away from him, breaking out into a run.
Lindsey squealed as she tripped over, Brendon was by her instantly.
“You can’t run from me” He said, chuckling.
He picked Lindsey up, pinning her arms down, she began to scream and kick at him wildly. He just held her at arms length and laughed in her face.
“Let her go!” Shouted Elizabeth.
Brendon stopped laughing and walked towards Elizabeth, still holding Lindsey.
“And what will you do?” He snarled at her.
I could feel my heart beat increase as I started to panic.
What was I supposed to do? He would kill us all.
Elizabeth was now backing away from him; fear was evident on her face.


I don’t know why I did it, call it gut instinct but I picked up a burning branch that had fallen from the tree Brendon had set alight. I could only just about carry its weight but I took aim and ran at Brendon with the branch, stabbing him through with it.
Brendon cried out in pain and dropped Lindsey. I hadn’t got him in the heart which was where I was aiming for, but the stomach was obviously good enough, he pulled the branch out of himself and staggered of into the night, leaving a trail of his blood behind him.

I helped Lindsey of the ground, she was pale with shock we probably all were.
I was still quivering from the sudden adrenaline rush. I took a breath to steady myself.
“We need to keep going” I told them.

“No!” Shouted Pete.
“What’s going on?” Said Elizabeth.

We looked back towards where the collapsed house lay.
“We can’t go back” I said.
“We have to!” Said Elizabeth. She ran back towards the house.

Me and Lindsey ran after her. Everything was crazy. There were so many dandies; people on our side were fighting about three at once.
“Elizabeth” Lindsey called. Elizabeth had disappeared.

Pete was running across the rubble, Brooke was limp in his arms.
“Have you seen Patrick?” He panted. His eyes were wild with worry and there was blood on his hoody.
“No” I replied, shaking my head.
He ran off in another direction, calling for Patrick as he went.
Christie ran towards us.
“Frank’s back there” I said, pointing back to the trees, answering her question before it left her lips.
“Get away from here” She called as she ran to the trees.

“Stay where you are” Said a voice.
“Run” I said to Lindsey, trying to pull her away, but her brown eyes were filled with a familiar blank look. She stood rigid, staring into space.
It was him, he was here. I let go of Lindsey and began to run but he was right in front of me before I could even blink.
“Why aren’t you dead yet?” He said quietly. He was calm and coordinated and did not give any emotion away. Everything about him screamed elegance, his clothes were neat and well fitted to his skinny body.
But it was his eyes that got me most, unblinking and as cold as ice; one quick glance had shivers running down my spine.
“Healing cures it?” He murmured softly, speaking to himself.
He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me towards him.
His hands were as cold as his eyes.
He moved my neck to an angle and examined the holes on my neck.
“But it hasn’t healed…” He trailed off.
A smirk crossed his lips.
“You’re still dieing, interesting, the vampire healing powers have slowed it down” He said softly.
What was he talking about? I was dieing, how?
“What?” I managed to squeak.
The smirk grew into a smile, his cold eyes found mine.
“They haven’t told you? You’re dead, well dieing but soon to be dead, a week left in estimate” He told me.
Lies…It had to be.
Wouldn’t they have told me if I was dieing?
Answer: I hardly knew these people; I hardly know what’s going, why would they tell me anything in the first place?
He just stood there, holding me watching me contemplate the matter. I took the prayer back.

“What are you going to do to me?” I asked.
I was bloody well amazed I could speak; I thought I was going to faint at any second.
“Oh, I’m not going to kill you, if that’s what you mean, I find this fascinating, I’d much rather see you die how you are intended to” Was his reply.
I blinked at him.
So, is this what they call a living nightmare?
He dropped me, and I backed way from him the moment I hit the ground.

“Reggie!” I heard Gabe call.
William looked down at me and smiled.
“Please excuse me, I have some traitors to kill” He said chuckling.
He walked off casually, adjusting his suit as he walked.

Gabe’s P.O.V

“Reggie!” I called. But instead of seeing her I saw the chaos going on around me.
Christie was helping Frank, who had various burns on his body.
Pete was cradling an unconscious Brooke, desperately holding his shirt to a bleeding wound at her side.
Mean while I could see Alex, her actual boyfriend fighting furiously against Ronnie and a few other dandies.
Harper, Caleb and Chelsea were back to back, fighting off many dandies.
Everything was wrong so wrong.
I morphed into a wolf, taking down Ronnie as an attempt to help; Alex nodded in thanks, and took the chance to run to where Pete was with Brooke.

“Gabriel”
I turned around at the sound of my name. I already knew who it was.
“You do know how I feel about traitors don’t you?”
He lent against a tree, watching me closely for any sign of an escape attempt.
“And I really thought you were true to your word, you are a gifted vampire, pity you have to die” He said. His voice was low and smooth but I could see the anger and frustration behind his eyes.
“For a gifted vampire, you obviously lack in common sense; surely you knew that I would find out and kill you?”
I didn’t reply, I didn’t run either, I knew he could stop me in the second with his strange power.
I would rather die under my own control.
“How would you like to die?” He asked.
Still, I said nothing; a slight movement caught my eye.
“William, some ones and the house!” Called Ronnie.
William turned towards him.
“Well kill them” He said through clenched teeth.
Stupid matters bother him.
I took a chance and shook my head at where the movement had ended.
Please go, please go.
Ronnie ran off into the night and William turned back towards me.
“Who was with you?” He asked.
“No one” I replied.
“I’ll find out eventually, you may as well tell me, you can both die together”. He insisted.
“None of your people joined me” I replied, shaking my head.
He narrowed his eyes.
He looked over at the place I was avoiding to glance at and smiled.
“You really thought I wouldn’t notice your friend hiding over there? Don’t’ insult my intelligence Gabe, I saw her arrive”. He said, a smirk moulding his mouth.
“Run!” I shouted but it was too late he had already immobilized her. He cleared the bush out of the way to reveal a hologram of Stephanie.
“Now where’s the body?” He said quietly to himself. I felt that familiar cold feeling run through me; he had immobilized me as well.
He only had to walk a short distance towards where the real Stephanie stood.
I couldn’t move at all, not even to close my eyes as he snapped her neck. And for good measure, he stabbed her heart.
I watched her hologram, fade slowly until it was no longer there.
“And now you Gabriel” Said William as he turned towards me.

Authors note: Yup, I just left you hanging of a cliff.
Took me a while I kept deleting and redoing it because I wasn’t happy. I’m still not happy but it’ll do. Check out who finally went over a 1000 words. Not totally long but it’s long for me :-D. Cheers as always x
Sign up to rate and review this story