Categories > Original > Drama > Operation Repo: Umm... Something new?

Episode 2

by Repo_Man_Raya_Murphy 0 reviews

Raya gets depressed, but she goes on a repo mission anyway. Froy, Sonia, and Raya get a sickening surprise while they are repossessing a 2009 Dodge Caravan.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-16 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 932 words

0Unrated
Sonia: This is Raya's second week here, but this is the first time I'll be repossessing with her. Well, I've heard nothing but good things about her, so lets see how she works with me. I'm not like Matt; I happen to be more serious than him or Froy, and Raya seems like a relaxed, easygoing person, so I don't know how we'll get along. I hope this works out.

Luis looked at a paper, then at his daughter, Lyndah. “Go get Sonia, Froy, and Raya. Tell them I have an order for them.”
Lyndah nodded and ran out the door. Five minutes later. Lyndah came back in. Sonia and Froy came in after, then finally, Raya came in. Luis gave the team the order and the instructions, and the team headed out.

Froy: Raya's been so slow all day. She actually looked completely depressed, and I feared her mind wouldn't be on the repo, which could result in her getting hurt.

Raya: That day just wasn't my day. The morning started out with me losing my mother, than a while after that, I had miscarried a baby. I was trying to keep it so no one would notice, but I don't think I did a good job with that. Froy kept giving me glances.

“You gunna be okay Ray?” Froy asked, concern filling his voice.
Raya nodded slowly, picking her phone out of her pocket. “Just a few unfortunate events, that's all. I'll be all right.” As she walked up to the truck, her phone went off. “Hang on. I have to take this.”

Sonia: I could tell that I got the new girl on a bad day. This day wouldn't help me analyze her at all. The girl was depressed. Can't she keep this stuff for a later date. And I bet Froy's flirting isn't helping much either.

Froy: She lied to me. She doesn't want me to know. All I'm trying to do is help and she won't let me in on anything.

“Who was that?” Sonia asked. Raya didn't answer and got in the truck. “Fine. Don't answer me then. Froy! Get your Latino ass in the truck!”

Sonia: Raya had the balls to ignore me. What is she thinking?

Raya: I didn't want Sonia to be the first to know what was happening. And then the phone call I had received was someone telling me I can't have anymore kids. It's what I've always wanted and I can't do it. This is life, I suppose.

They drove to the address in silence, the only noise coming from Raya's phone while she was texting. “Who are you texting?” Sonia asked curiously.
“Just telling Matt something,” Raya mumbled.

Sonia: Now I know that there is something wrong with her head. She was telling Matt everything. Matt, the man who's hard as nails, who has no sympathy whatsoever. I have more sympathy than he does! What gives?

“We're repossessing a 2009 Dodge Caravan, license plate number 2*,” Froy informed. “Belongs to a Danny M**.”
Raya took the clipboard from Froy, pocketing her phone. “I'll go talk to him.” When they pulled up to the address, Raya went to the house with out a word, leaving a confused Froy and Sonia to hook up.
Raya knocked on the door of the house, but no one answered. “EGA Recovery!!” She knocked again, and still no answer. “No one's home,” Raya stated simply. She walked to the van and looked in the windows. “Oh my god! There are dead bodies in here!”
Froy, putting on a look of sheer surprise, opened the door of the van. There were indeed bodies inside, and the dead, decaying bodies let out a ghastly odor. “Oh, man, I'm calling the cops. Sonia, go call your brother. Raya, don't touch anything!”

Raya: I couldn't believe what I saw: dead cats, dead dogs, and other dead animals. I thought I would be okay, but something in me just broke. I couldn't keep myself together anymore.

Luis: When Sonia called me, I was in the middle of another repossession with Matt. When I got all the details I told her to call the cops and I'd be there as soon as possible.

“Lu is on his way,” Sonia confirmed. “He said not to touch anything.”
Froy nodded. “The cops too.”

Sonia: After getting off the phone with my brother, I turn around to see Raya staring at the dead bodies on her knees. She must've lost it.

A while after, Luis and the cops show up to investigate. “Well, we can't repo the van, so go home, all of you,” Luis ordered.

Matt: I happened to be doing a repo with Lu when he tells me that we have to go and help Sonia out. I was thinking that they just had a fight they couldn't handle, until I remember that Raya is there. He then tells me that they found some dead animal bodies in the van they were supposed to be repossessing and I almost explode with frustration. Who does things like that? Well I'll tell you; Sick, demented people with no lives of their own.

Froy: Matt knew why Raya was upset over some bodies. I figured she'd be the one to shrug it off, until I learned everything. I would've helped if I'd known...

Raya: This repo has to be the most disturbing one I've been on so far, but it won't be the last. I'm a roughneck, so I have to toughen up and move on. I just hope I never stumble upon anything like this again.
Sign up to rate and review this story