Categories > Original > Drama > Operation Repo: Umm... Something new?

Episode 3

by Repo_Man_Raya_Murphy 1 review

When Raya has to call out, Froy has to fill in for her. He and Lyndah go out to repossess a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda, and a series of unfortunate events eventually lead to Raya's return.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-16 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 698 words

0Unrated
“Raya said she had something to do today so she couldn't make it in until later,” Luis announced that morning. “So instead of it being Lyndah and Raya going on this repo, Froy will just substitute for Raya.”
“So, what are we repossessing?” Lyndah wondered.
Froy grabbed the clipboard. “Uh, a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda. Oh, Ray's gunna be pissed. She loves older cars.

Froy: I thought I'd be nice and take a picture of the car for Raya.

Lyndah: I know nothing about old cars except that they can't be towed without hurting the car. We needed the keys to repossess it.

Pulling up to the address, the car was sitting right there, but when Lyndah tried to get them at the door, there was no answer. Giving up, she walked over to Froy. “No one's home.”
“Well, let's at least wait a little while until we see the owner.”
Froy and Lyndah waited it out for three hours. Just when Froy was about to pull out and leave, someone got out of another car and walked towards the target car. Froy exited his truck. “Hello, I'm Froylan Tercero from EGA Recovery. Are you Eric P***?”
“Yes I am,” he replied simply.
“Well, your Plymouth is up for repossession, so if you could give me the keys, you can make the payments and have it back by tonight.”
“You aren't taking my car,” he sneered.

Lyndah: I heard the basic “You aren't taking my car” and I knew that this guy was going to be troublesome.

A whole bunch of large guys come out and surround Froy, holding weapons. “Get away from my car now and we won't cause any trouble.”
“Easy man! This is ridiculous! I just need the car!” Froy backed up. “I don't want any trouble.”
The owner's last nerve snapped. “Get away!” The guys surrounding Froy used their weapons and started attacking him. Lyndah hid behind the truck and dialed Raya's number on the phone.
“Hello, Lyndah?” Raya says.
“Raya? Yeah, listen. I need help now! Me and Froy were doing a repo when a bunch of guys started attacking him with pipes!”
“I'll be there as soon as I can,” Raya promised.
“Hurry!” she yelled as she told Raya the address. Almost directly after, one of the guys knocked Lyndah's phone out of her hands and crushes it.

Raya: As soon as I heard the phone disconnect, I knew I had to get there fast. I called the cops and Lu, telling them both what happened.

Lyndah: I think I could've done more to help, but I was so scared.

Raya pulled up in her truck fifteen minutes later. Lyndah was in the truck, and Froy was on the ground underneath a whole bunch of guys attacking him with pipes. “Froy!” Raya ran up and kicked one of the assailants away, causing the rest of them to gang up on Raya instead. At that, Lyndah goes over to them and helps Froy up.

Froy: Pipes? Seriously? I had no weapons, Lyndah just hid in the truck and I was to do this on my own? Thank god Raya showed up when she did.

“The cops are on their way!” Raya yelled at the assailants. At once, all of them tried to run off, but the cops surrounded the house and started making arrests.
“I'm Raya Murphy from EGA Recovery,” Raya explained to the cop. “I'm the one who reported this. Those two over there, Froy and Lyndah, were just trying to repossess this car when I get a call from Lyndah telling me that they were attacking Froy.”

Froy: Raya's really good with cops. She showed them that we were indeed working with EGA Recovery and the cameramen showed the cops the evidence. I didn't get any major injuries, except a bruised ego. But, unlike Matt, I can heal that.

Raya: Lyndah, calls me, I arrive, I kick ass, and they all get arrested. What I don't get is why Lyndah didn't do anything? She gives us real roughnecks a bad name. Listen Lyndah! If you wanna play repo man, do your job! Looks like I'm not taking any more time off work.
Sign up to rate and review this story