Categories > Original > Drama > Operation Repo: Umm... Something new?

Episode 5

by Repo_Man_Raya_Murphy 0 reviews

When another new female repossessor joins the team, jealousy rages, battles are fought, and Raya is determined to show the new girl who's on top of the food chain.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-18 - Updated: 2009-09-18 - 1049 words

0Unrated
Em: Hi, I'm Emily Raine, but everyone calls me Em. I'm sorta new to the repo business, been doing it for six years, but I'm d** good at what I do. I hop everyone on my new team likes me, or at least tolerates my d** presence.

Luis: For Em's first repo, I threw her in with Matt and Raya, my top fighters. I don't know Em too well, so I don't know her repossessing style.

“Welcome to the team,” Matt says to Em.
Em grinned. “Hey,” she said in a tone that Matt missed, but Raya ran into head on.

Raya: What the h*! Who does the new b** think she is anyway? She's been here, what, five minutes, and she's already flirting with my Matt!

“So,” Raya said, pushing herself in between Matt and Em. “What are we repossessing today?” she asked through bared teeth.
Em backed away smugly. “No need to get jealous now, dear.”
“I am not jealous!” Raya yelled.
“Ladies! Ladies! Enough!” Matt grinned cheesily. “Anyway, we're repossessing a 1990 Dodge Stratus.”
Raya growled. “Does her head fall into the criteria?”

Matt: Raya was so jealous, I even caught on. She has no need to worry, really. There's enough Matt Burch to go around.

“What a b**,” Em said under her breath.
“I can hear you!”
Matt pushed himself away. “Lets just go. Raya's driving.”
Raya nodded and got into the truck. “Do accidents that are on purpose get covered in our insurance?”
“You wish!”

Raya: I was seriously considering jail time under murder charges. This b**, who definitely has little man syndrome, was getting on my nerves.

“Matt, gimme your iPod,” Raya demanded.
“Okay... What for?”
“If I've got to be in the same truck as her, I'm gunna need to drown her out.”
Matt sighed. “I would, but I've already loaned it out.”
“To who?” Raya demanded again. Matt shrunk back in his seat and pointed to Em.
Em put on the head phones and stuck her tounge out. “You snooze, you lose.” Just as she was about to turn it on, Raya yelled “BRAKE CHECK!” and slammed on the brakes, causing an unbelted Em to shoot forward and hit her head. “Dude! What the h*! That was so uncalled for!”
Raya ignored her, laughing, and started driving again. She soon stopped in front of an address. “Apparently, the owner lives here, but the Stratus is nowhere in sight.”

Em: Who does Raya think she is? My mom?

After staking it out for several hours, the golden brown Stratus pulls up and the owner slowly gets out of the car. When the car owner goes inside his house, Raya immediately takes the clipboard from Matt and walks toward the owner. “Hi, I'm Raya Murphy from EGA Recovery. You have a repossession order out for your vehicle.”
“What do I need to do to keep the car?” the owner asks politely.
“Well, there's nothing you can do to keep me from taking the car. You're a couple of months behind on the payments, but if you give me the keys now, and pay the payments, you can have the car back by tonight.”
The owner nodded. “Hang on a minute and I'll get the- What the h* is she doing?”
Em sat on her knees, go-jacking the car. She stood up and went to the truck for chains, but was interrupted by Raya. “What?”
“What the h* do you think you're doing?”
“Hooking up the car to the truck, genius!”
Raya growled menacingly. “Oh my god, you stupid f*! Don't you pay attention to what's going on? He was about to give me the keys without any problems whatsoever!”
The car owner was furious now. “Get that stupid midget away from my car! What does she think she's doing?”
“You'll pay for that midget comment!” Em yelled, getting ready to charge at the owner.
Matt came up to Em and grabbed her, dragging her into the truck. “Hello? Are you completely out of your freaking mind?”
Raya walked over to the car owner. “I'm sorry about that. She's new and irrisponsible. I'll see to it that she changes her ways. You see what I have to deal with?”
“See that you do. Here's the keys. Take care of my pride and joy.”
Raya walked over to the truck and handed Matt the keys. “Take the car, will ya?” Raya and Em jumped into the truck and drove off, giving Matt no choice.
“You stupid h*,” Em complained. “I was doing just fine. What's wrong with you.

Em: I now regret ever saying that. What I don't regret is hating Raya. She and I just aren't meant to be friends I guess.

“That's it! Shut the h* up!” Raya slammed on the brakes and got out of the truck. “Get your own ride home!” She dragged Em out of the truck, got back in, and drove off before Em could get back in the truck. Em was left behind to walk.
A minute later, Matt pulled Raya over and asked; “What's going on?”
“She pissed me off. Why? Did she get a ride with the camera men?”
Matt laughed. “Yeah. She tried getting me to give her a ride, but I wouldn't, so she just flirted with the camera men until they let her in. And don't worry about dumping her on the street. I've done that to Frankie, so you're all set.”

Luis: After the repo, I talked to Raya. I now realize that Em has a mouth on her. Raya's usually so calm and collected, but Em made her nerves snap like a twig. I'll have to be more careful when putting those two in a team together. But they got the car, so that's all that matters.

Matt: Em tried flirting with me. That wouldn't work. One, she's eleven years younger than me. Two, I'm interested in someone else. Nice try honey. Try again in eleven years sweetheart. Maybe then I'll be yours.

Raya: I think Lu made a big mistake when he paired me and Em together. I know he didn't know what would happen until we were paired, but still. I threw her out of the truck! She'd better smarten up, but I think she knows who's on top now.
Sign up to rate and review this story