Categories > Original > Drama > Operation Repo: Umm... Something new?

Episode 6

by Repo_Man_Raya_Murphy 0 reviews

Luis sends Matt and Raya to repossess a 1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air. A blood battle is fought, and in the end of it all Raya admits something that could change her and Matt's relationship forever.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-18 - Updated: 2009-09-18 - 1115 words

0Unrated
Raya: When I walked into the office this morning, I didn't hear Em's annoying voice. When I asked Lu what was going on, he said that Em called out sick. I couldn't have been happier. There were no annoying people, with the exception of Lyndah.

“Did you take happy pills this morning?” Matt wondered jokingly as he watched Raya spin around.
Raya spun herself in another circle. “Of course not! It's nothing serious, it's just... EM'S NOT HERE! AHA!” She slipped spinning and fell to the floor laughing. “This day could not get any better! Unless Em quits of course.”
Matt took Raya's arm and brought her to the truck. “Come on then, Happy. We have a repo order.”
Raya freed herself from Matt's grip and sat in the truck. “So... What's the repo order today? A 2000 Ford Taurus? A 1997 Jeep Cherokee?”
“Nope,” Matt replied. “It's a 1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air.” He looked at the clipboard again. “Belongs to a Johnny F***.” When he saw Raya's face light up, he blinked. “What?”
“Finally! Payback for my f*** up childhood! We're repossessing from my biological father! My day just got better!”

Raya: Hearing that made me so happy. My dad was getting his car repossessed and there is nothing he can do about it.

Matt: Raya, who was already in a scarily good mood, was on, like, cloud nine. She and her dad must really hate each other.

Pulling up to the address, Raya jumped out of the truck and walked up to the front door. “EGA Recovery!”

Matt: Raya was happy, and I like it when Raya is happy, but something gave me a feeling. The feeling that something f*** up was going to happen that day. And not in the good way. Turns out that I was right.

After a couple minutes of waiting, a large bald man answered the door. Before either Raya or the man could open their mouths, Matt walked up to Raya and said; “Hi, I'm Matt Burch with EGA Recovery. Are you Johnny F***?”
The bald man put on a drunken grin. “What's it to you?” he replied, sneering the whole time. He took an alcohol bottle from his pocket and took a swig.
“Oh shut up dude,” Raya shouted. “Just give me the keys to our car so we can leave and i don't have to spend any more time with you.”
Johnny fumed. “Who the hell do you think you are talking to, girl? I am your father, if you hadn't noticed, and-”
“Just give me the d*** car so I can repossess it!”
“You two aren't repossessing s*! Get your fat a** off of my property before I call the cops on you!”
“Already on it a**!” Raya moved away, pressing her cell phone to her ear.
Matt turned to face Johnny, who was red in the face. “Raya will cancel the call if you just give us the keys and let us-”
“Get back here you s** b*!” Johnny yelled. He then shouted something in Spanish, and about ten large Latino guys came and surrounded them. “Who's the s* now?”
“What the hell, man?” Matt yelled, getting in a battle ready position. Raya hung her phone up and rushed in to defend Matt. Chris gave a command, and all the guys started grabbing weapons and fighting. The two unarmed repossessors tried the best they could to defend themselves from this one-sided battle.

Matt: The Latino guys that came after us had chains, pipes, and knives. I wish I had more people fighting with me, or at least a weapon. If Froy was here, he could've warned us. I don't speak Spanish.

Raya: My dad is a f** j**. He sent overly large Latino guys after his own daughter. Lu doesn't treat his daughter like that. Some dad Johnny is... But what I was really worried about was that I was hit in the left eye with a chain and stabbed three times in the stomach. I had collapsed before the cops showed up, I could barely move, I couldn't see with my left eye, but I had the satisfaction of hearing my dad being arrested.

“Raya, you gunna be okay?” Matt asked, noting that Raya wasn't looking well. Raya opened her mouth to speak, but collapsed with the effort. “Raya!”
“I'll be okay...” Raya muttered. “Just gimme a minute.”
The cops pulled up and surrounded them all. “L.A.P.D!!” one cop shouted! Arrests were made quickly. “Does she need an ambulance?” the cop asked.
Matt shook his head. “Only if her eyes close, and they aren't going to, so we'll be all right.”
After a few silent moments, Raya stood up shakily. “I'm all right.”
The cop sighed. “At least let's get your wounds taken care of.”
“All right,” Matt said. “But let's make it quick.”

Raya: On the way home, Matt and I were alone. The camera man that usually rides with us went in the camera van, so there were no cameras except for the truck ones. But I took the opportunity anyway to spill my heart's contents.

“Err... Matt?” Raya started. “There's something I want to say to you now that we're finally alone.”
“Anything,” Matt stated.
Raya gulped. “I... I love you...”

Matt: Woah. Wasn't expecting that.

Matt coughed. “I guess that makes it easier for what I was about to say then, huh?”
Raya's face brightened. “You mean... you feel the same way?”
“Yeah.”

Raya: My heart flew with butterflies. I was more happy then I was after my dad got arrested and the flatbed guy loaded and towed our car. We never did get the keys... But now, instead of going home with all good news, we the doctor told me that if my eye doesn't heal in three weeks, I'll need my eye to be surgically removed.

Raya then frowned. “But how can you love a girl that only has one eye? Nine out of ten girls have two...”
Matt opened his mouth to say some thing, but closed it again immediately.

Matt: I knew that Raya was going to be self-conscious for a while because of her father. But what I didn't know was that we were gunna hook up more than just the car.

Luis: My team pressed charges against this a**. Raya has an infected eye and three stab wounds, and Matt has several bruises from chains and knife cuts.

Froy: Matt told me later that him and Raya are together. I'd known for a while that she liked Matt, so it shouldn't have surprised me. For some reason it did. But I should've known that Raya and I would be no more than friends.
Sign up to rate and review this story