Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Maylene

Flashback to DP066

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 3310 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Flashback to DP66

“Maylene… do you want to tell a story?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yeah – sure thing hon,” she smiled. She cleared her throat and began:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback alert: about six years ago, from her POV

Please note she is about 11 in this story!

Recall DP066? Well this is her POV!


“Stop it Lucario – I’m starving!” My stomach was roaring as I tried to duck away from her attacks. She kept using Aura Sphere on me and trying to kick me as well. I had only been a gym leader for about six months – and I somehow lost it – I don’t even know how or why for that matter. I was not the most confident person in the world. “Ugh I cannot take it anymore Lucario!”

“Lu…,” she just grunted. She nearly kicked me but I was somehow able to bend my body around her kick. She fired more and broken a fence. Damn – I was going to have to fix Reggie’s fence again…

“Is anyone there?!” I moaned. She fired more Aura Spheres. “Lucario – I beg you please stop!” I grunted as she tried to kick me again. I was able to do the same thing again. I never noticed that there were three people staring at us. She grunted loudly and fired another one but I was able to kick it out of the way, nearly missing her – and exploding. “Uh-oh… are you still angry at me?” I blinked and flinched. She was now using Bone Rush. “Oh now you’re using Bone Rush!” I flinched again. She tried to hit me but I avoided every move. “Come on Lucario – stop it!” I blocked her one last hit when I noticed Reggie’s Electabuzz zapping a Piplup. “Huh?” I blinked. “I don’t recall seeing them.” I just watched. She left me alone for the time being.

The Piplup appeared to be angry and tried to tackle the Electabuzz but got knocked to the ground. A Pikachu appeared – I hadn’t noticed it before. The three Pokemon got into a fight when the three people tried to stop it. I wasn’t paying attention to what they were saying, though. I was caught off guard and she tried to kick me again but I blocked it using my arms. “Lucario – we have to help.” She grunted and aimed another Aura Sphere at the three Pokemon – which exploded and the three Pokemon sounded like they screamed. “That might have been over the top…,” I sighed forcibly. She grunted again. The Pokemon were KNOCKED out – no joke.

“Pikachu!” One kid yelled.

“I’m so sorry,” I sighed while walking up to them.

“Huh…?” They all said.

“Say you are sorry, Lucario,” I held out my hand. She grunted. “What do you mean it was nothing?!” I blinked again. Impossible – that was not anything at all!

“Nothing?” The main kid asked in disbelief.

“Maylene – what happened?!” Reggie ran up, panting. The three said “huh?” again.

“Hi Reggie,” I replied sorrowfully. I was tired, starving and wanted a break from Lucario.

“Where do you happen to be going Electabuzz?” Reggie snickered, Electabuzz had a weird look on its face; it slightly chuckled.

“Hey Pikachu, don’t you think that looks kind of like Paul’s Electabuzz?” The main kid asked his Pikachu.

“Pika… Pika,” it replied.

“Hmm…?” Reggie mumbled.

“Huh?” Reggie and I gasped.

“That must mean – you know Paul!” Reggie blinked. “Huh?” He looked down at that kid’s Pikachu. “– Oh this must be the Pikachu Paul mentioned to me. It can use Volt Tackle – right?”

“Pika…,” it cocked its head.

“That’s why Electabuzz was giving you grief,” he replied. Umm… what was that supposed to mean?

“Wha…?” That kid gasped.

“I’m Reggie, Paul’s older brother.”

“You’re Paul’s older brother?!” The kid asked. The three gasped.

“That Electabuzz does belong to Paul all right; I happened to be a breeder – so he left it with me, along with all of his others… for training.”

“Well, my name is Ash!” Finally… got his name… “I came here to challenge the Veilstone gym!” He said proudly. “So has Paul had a battle over there yet?” I wanted to scream bloody murder… for obvious reasons…

“Yeah and he won – he defeated her,” Reggie replied. They all looked at me.

“Huh…?” I gasped. Why me – why did they stare at me? “Hmm…,” I sighed. Lucario grunted again.

“Whoa she’s the gym leader – no way?!” Ash smiled.

“Right… so why don’t you say hi to Maylene, the gym leader here?” Reggie asked.

“Awesome!” Ash grinned brightly and walked up to me. I sighed again. “Wow – you even got a Lucario! Can we have a gym battle soon?” He begged nicely. Nice encouragement… didn’t really help me at all…

“Huh?” I cocked my head.

“Pika!” Pikachu said happily.

“Sorry – but do you mind if you went to another gym, instead?” I replied in a saddened tone. “Huh?” I looked over to see Lucario aimed another Aura Sphere at me – caught me by surprise again. “Ahh!” I couldn’t avoid it and I fell over flat on my ass and back. I was in too much pain to notice what the others were saying… I moaned. “I told you to stop!” I got back up and clenched my fists.

“Unacceptable,” one of the gym assistants yelled.

“Huh?” I mumbled and Lucario and I turned around.

“I thought I might find you out here Maylene,” he said.

I ran up to him, “I’m not going back to the stupid gym!” I begged.

“Stop!” He said. “A gym leader does not act in this manner you are displaying… especially in front of other trainers.” I was too sad to even notice what was going on…

“Please understand… I do not want to go back,” I begged for mercy. “I don’t want to be gym leader anymore…” Lucario grunted again. She fired another Aura Sphere but I blocked it. I was tired of this – I could not take it anymore. She gasped. I held my head low… why didn’t anyone believe me…

“Is it because of Paul…?” Reggie asked while walking up to me.

“What…?” I was taken aback by this. It really hurt to talk about it… I just stared into space… I swear I couldn’t feel my body for a second… because the painful memory flashed into my head… One by one my Pokemon fainted because of that Paul….

“Veilstone gym is a fighting type gym…,” Reggie began. “Paul came here using a flying-type Pokemon… which is a smart strategy… his Murkrow had evolved into a Honchkrow… he polished off Maylene’s first and second Pokemon in no time flat… Then when he battled against Lucario, he cleverly used Magmar – which of course, is a fire type.”

“I was totally out of sync…,” I added. “With Lucario and all of my Pokemon… it didn’t even look like a battle with a gym leader… I could hardly blame the challenger for what he said to me…”

“What did Paul say?” Ash asked, shocked.

“’You’re the weakest’…,” I replied sadly… “’The weakest leader I ever fought… and this lightweight badge is just like you’…” I stared at the ground, still saddened; slightly depressed…

“I’m sorry… but Paul has always been like that… he has always had a bit of a cruel streak in him…,” Reggie spoke up.

“The thing is… he’s right… I do appreciate everything Lucario has done for me… I’m sorry…!” I blurted and ran off… I could not help it – I was terrified, worried and cheerless… I ran as fast as I could – not even tripping or watching where I was going…

I didn’t care what happened next… I just wanted to get out of this place… “Just stay away!” I yelled.

I ran to my secret spot and just stared into the water and sticking my feet into it… gently flowing… calm… I wanted to fall asleep… I almost did until that girl from the group and Lucario appeared…. “Please… please Lucario let me be…” I could sense that it was her. “Huh… what do you want?” I looked over to see that girl. She began to talk about some random contest… “Are you here to talk to me?”

“Yes… I’m Dawn,” she smiled. “I didn’t get past round one for two contests in a row…,” she said. “I know how you feel – I’m taking a break…”

“Huh?” I turned to look at her.

“I’m telling everyone I’m recharging my batteries – but really, I’m taking a break. To be honest, sometimes I don’t think I’m quite cut out for contests – they take a lot of work and skill. Do you understand?”

“I relate,” I replied. “To tell the truth – every time I consider about winning or losing a gym battle could change a challenger’s whole life, it kinda scares me… I just can’t concentrate the way I used to,” I saw her Piplup swimming in the water gracefully. I thought it was cute. Lucario grunted. “Please! Don’t be angry!” I flinched to protect myself against her.

“Yeah, come on Lucario; listen to what she has to say.”

“Piplup!” It said cheerfully while coming out of the water.

“I just can’t be a gym leader feeling like this… especially after what Reggie’s younger brother said to me…”

“That’s just the kind of guy Paul is!” she grinned. “Don’t let it bother you!” OK… I think she had a point there. I leant back on my hands.

“It used to be fun… whether I lost or won…”

She did the same. We both looked up at the sky. “Yeah I know… I’ve only lost twice but I’m not 100 percent sure… I don’t know what to do anymore… so I’m at a bit of a loss here… sometimes I feel like contests are just holding back Ash from his dreams…”

“And sometimes I feel like I’m just causing trouble for Lucario and my students…”

“Relax… your troubles are history!” A random lady said.

“Huh?” We both said while turning around. A group of two people with a Meowth and Wobbuffet were in front of us.

“Wobb-buffet…!” Their Wobbuffet said.

“Team Rocket…,” Dawn stood up. Her Piplup called.

“Hey… are these friends of yours?” I asked, dumbfounded. I ignored whatever they were saying… because I thought it was totally annoying – but I could not help but notice that their Meowth could talk, though. I thought that was a bit odd…

“You be careful Maylene,” Dawn noted. I nodded. “I’m certain they’re after your Lucario.”

“Hmph… what do you mean after Lucario…?” I stood up and Lucario and I both got into position. I couldn’t understand that stupid lady, to be honest…

“A better deal,” was all I heard her say.

“What better deal?” Dawn gasped.

“A winning warrior like Lucario deserves to side with someone stronger than this gym leader loser!” That man said…

I growled deeply… that really hurt. “And that someone is us!” Meowth said. “With you on board, we’ll rule the world!”

“Make up your mind – stay with that sad sack or tag along with us!” The lady grinned. They talked about a bunch of randomness including a hot air balloon, bottle caps and chocolate… that made me even hungrier… “Act now and you’ll get first chunk off of my chocolate bar!”

“Huh?” We both gasped. Lucario looked slightly ticked off and started to use Bone Rush…

“What a unique what of telling us it’s a deal?” Not…

“Yay – that’s some steal!” Lucario was definitely ticked now… she bashed them hard with Bone Rush – sending them flying across the sky: HOW?!

Lucario grunted again. “Wow thank you…,” I sighed. “I bet you’re still mad at me… right?”

“If Lucario is angry at you, it means it really cares about you… it wants you to battle with it: don’t you see?” Dawn smiled.

“Really…?” I asked, taken aback. Lucario stared off into space.

“Hey I know – how about you and I have a battle!” She asked nicely. “Come on – please?! What do you say?”

“Well… if you say so… I guess so then…”

“Lu…”

“Wow – I think you just said ‘thank you’ didn’t you?” Dawn grinned.

“Lu…,” Lucario nodded, slightly smirking.

We walked back to Reggie’s house happily. Dawn made me feel like a new person! I had never felt this way before… “What’s Ash up to?” Dawn asked as we walked back.

“Hey Dawn – perfect timing there – Reggie’s just about to battle Ash!” That other guy said… didn’t know his name… Ash let out a Gligar but it landed on his hand and Ash struggled to get it off. I couldn’t help snickering…

“I want you to watch me battle Gligar, I want you to battle soon, OK?” He grinned.

“Gligar’s going to watch… sounds like fun,” Reggie smiled. “Hey Maylene – why don’t you watch…?”

“’K,” I nodded and sat down next to Lucario and Dawn on Reggie’s front steps. I’m jealous of his yard… it’s so beautiful and nice…

Ash chose Turtwig while Reggie chose Bibarel… interesting choices there. I really didn’t feel like paying attention to what they were saying, though… Ash commanded Turtwig to use Energy Ball – somehow Bibarel used Super Fang and that made the Energy Ball to dissipate… “WOW…!” I thought. “Incredible power there…!” His Bibarel used Secret Power, which made puffy green clouds come out of no where… Turtwig instantly fell asleep…

“Turtwig’s out cold…!” Dawn blinked.

“Secret Power’s uses different powers depending on the field… this is a very grassy area, so it put Turtwig to sleep…,” the other guy said.

“Now use Take Down!” Reggie commanded. Bibarel ran as fast as possible with a bright, white light surrounding it… that sent Turtwig flying through the air – but it managed to hang on…

“Man that was strong!” Dawn commented. Turtwig finally woke up…

“Turtwig is awake already?” Reggie blinked. “Use another Super Fang!” He commanded. Its buck teeth glowed and nearly slammed down onto Turtwig… Ash told it to dodge the attack… Boy did it move – it was incredibly fast! It used a Razor Leaf and aimed directly towards Bibarel’s chest – nice!

“Now use Energy Ball!” Ash commanded.

“Use Ice Beam…!” Reggie commanded.

“Now jump…!” Ash smirked. Turtwig was able to jump out of the way of the Ice Beam while the Energy Ball was still forming in its mouth! That’s amazing…

The Energy Ball made a direct hit and exploded on Bibarel – causing it to faint.

“Whoa…!” I gasped.

“Isn’t that something?” Dawn smiled. “Ash and Turtwig have been practising really hard! It took awhile, but they practised and kept training like crazy… and now they got it down pat!”

I looked at Lucario. “That’s wonderful,” I smiled. “Lucario’s done a lot of training, too… haven’t you?”

“Lu…,” she grunted.

Reggie let out a Swalot. Ash returned Turtwig and used his freaking Pokedex… how cliché? I hate it when people use their Pokedexes in front of me…

Ash let out Staravia now… hmm… I think they’re all right Pokemon. Ash commanded it to use Quick Attack… how it moved through the air – absolutely beautiful and amazing…

Reggie commanded Swalot to use Stockpile… I do not know what that does – indeed. All it did was swallow air… I blinked. “How stupid is that…?” I thought.

Staravia then used Wing Attack… this is a beautiful Pokemon indeed… I think I liked it… Swalot used Stockpile again?!

“Why don’t they counterattack?” Dawn asked.

“Swalot’s flexible body makes it resistant to those attacks, but it’s also storing power using that attack,” the other guy replied.

“Storing up power…?” Dawn questioned.

“Right… and look out when they let that power go…”

Ash commanded Staravia to use another Aerial Ace… I smiled as I watched the beautiful bird fly through the sky… I sighed happily. “Staravia’s fast…,” I blinked and observed.

“Spit Up…,” Reggie simply said. A huge flash of white light erupted from its mouth – engulfing Staravia… it flew through the sky….

“Wow – that’s what you were talking about!” Dawn noted.

“The more times you use Stockpile – the more power it has…”

Staravia survived! “Nice!” I thought. Staravia used another Aerial Ace while Swalot used Sludge Bomb – Staravia was too slow and it fell to the ground but Ash caught it before it the ground.

“So it’s all tied up?” Dawn thought out loud…

“I love Staravia’s athletic abilities – but there is one move I would love to show you…,” Reggie smiled.

“Really?” Ash said.

“I bet I know who is coming next,” I looked at Lucario. She grunted. Reggie let out Staraptor….

Oh how I love Staraptor – it’s an amazing Pokémon – I love everything about it…

Ash used his Pokedex again… I never even listened. Ash let Pikachu battle this time…

“Pikachu, Thunder Bolt!”

“Brave Bird – quick…!” Staraptor was fast enough to avoid Pikachu’s Thunder Bolts… OK I really do love this attack:

Staraptor folded in its wings, while flames engulfed it while its wings were still tucked in… Ash told Pikachu to spin but the most beautiful part of the attack appeared: the bluish, spotty something or other (cannot fully describe it…) knocked Pikachu to the ground. Staraptor slammed into the ground – I thought there was no hope for Pikachu… but wait…?

Staraptor flew back up high. Pikachu just shook off the attack! Amazing…

“I’m surprised your Pikachu is up so quick!”

“Did Staraptor take damage too?” Dawn asked that guy again. She looked up at him.

“Brave Bird is a risky move because it can cause quite a bit of damage to the one using it, too,” he replied. Lucario and I looked at him.

“You have to have a lot of confidence in your speed and power!” I looked at Dawn.

“Steel Wing, Staraptor…!” Reggie commanded.

“Pika…?” Pikachu looked at Ash.

“Mm-hmm… Iron Tail…!” Pikachu jumped out of the hole and its tail was glowing a bright white. It used this attack to help it jump high into the air and avoid Staraptor’s Steel Wing!

“Pikachu’s incredible… to saying nothing of Ash!” (A/N: Sorry I couldn’t really tell what she was saying at that point…) I grinned.

“Volt Tackle…!” Ash commanded. Pikachu started turning pure yellow while falling down upon Staraptor.

“Use Wing Attack to counter!” Staraptor’s wings shone white as it flew up. The two crashed into each other – Pikachu falling to the ground again… Staraptor crashed into the ground and fainted… while Pikachu was still up!

“That’s two out of three – so Ash wins!” That guy grinned. All of Ash’s Pokemon cheered.

“Wow – wasn’t that exciting Piplup? Ash won!” Dawn said happily. Piplup chirped happily. I was too busy daydreaming and getting pumped for tomorrow that I had no idea what Reggie and Ash were saying… I sighed happily.

“Maylene, come on, wouldn’t you like to have that battle with Ash?” Reggie asked. I perked up.

“Huh?” I mumbled.

“Now hold on!” Dawn blurted. “Excuse me but I asked Maylene for a battle first.”

“Huh?” Ash gasped.

TBC….

See chapter 7! :P


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Well?

That’s just my point of view from that episode… hopefully I won’t get in trouble just posting it…

I love flashbacks with episodes… they’re fun – this will be my third!!!

Stay tuned…!

P.S. my wrist hurts… D:

Oh yeah - I think writing about battles is boring... so yeah...
Sign up to rate and review this story