Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Maylene

The week I was sick

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 4745 words

0Unrated
A/N: Please do your business before reading – it’s kind of long.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5: The week I was sick…

“Phew… this is hard work,” I sighed. “Hey… where is everyone, by the way?” I asked.

“I think maybe they went out to eat or shop or something… I don’t know, they never said why,” Dad replied.

“I thought maybe they were with you,” Maylene blinked. Her smile turned into a giggle.

“Boo!” Stan popped out of nowhere. Maylene and Stan laughed so hard as I jumped from him scaring me. “Haha, I got you!” He snickered.

“Yes, you did,” I chuckled. “So where have you been?” I asked.

“Around town,” he replied. I looked to see that my dad had disappeared… “Where’s Dad?”

“Down here…!” He called from a hole. He had dug a hole around the huge fossil. “Just trying to dig it out…”

“Give up Dad, it is freaking hot outside.”

“Hey guys,” Gardenia grinned while the others walked with her. “Wow the sun is about to set!”

“I’m tired sweetie,” Wake said to her. “Shall we find a hotel?”

“You’re welcome to stay again,” I smiled. Maylene smiled cutely.

“Yes, please do guys!” She nodded.

“Thank you!” They all said. Mum and Dad are an exception though – they have their secret bunker in the museum – he told me never to tell anyone else – mainly because they love fooling around in there. Ugh… like I would ever want to bother them. Dad is a sex freak… but he hates to admit it.

We all returned to my house – half-asleep and extremely tired. I fainted immediately after saying goodnight to everyone/brushing my teeth. Besides, I wanted to sleep well tonight so I can concentrate on telling everyone stories. I smiled and I let Maylene lay her head down on my stomach – as if it was a pillow. It feels good… and it turns me on…

“I smell something good,” I mumbled while waking up. I opened my eyes and Maylene had already left the room. I got up and put some clothes on (since I was naked – I love sleeping naked!). I yawned widely, but I was not tired one bit. I usually preferred taking a shower before eating breakfast, but since it was already made – I thought I would wait. The finger I broke about a year before really hurt… bad. “Argh…” I looked to see that it popped out of place. Very carefully, I popped it back into place. I was so used to it; it pops out at least twice a week. I never really went to doctor’s office… so that could be why it does that. I sighed and walked to the kitchen.

What ever that was… smelt brilliant! “What do I smell?” It was Dad! “Hi Dad,” I smiled. “I never heard you come in… where is Mum?” I turned around – she was sipping some coffee.

“Hmm…?” she mumbled.

“Oh never mind, hey Mum, how are you?”

“I am great, thank you,” she smiled.

“Where is Maylene?” I blinked and looked around. “I haven’t seen her.”

“She’s asleep on the couch – I don’t think she feels very good,” Dad replied. “Everyone else is still asleep. Would you like some coffee?”

“Yeah, after I check on Maylene.” I smiled and walked off. I walked up to the couch and she wasn’t there. “Huh? Oh – I know!” She usually takes a shower after she wakes up. “I’ll wait for her,” I know she doesn’t really like me bothering her when she is taking a shower – and I respect that. I walked back to the kitchen. “I would rather have a beer, to be honest,” I opened up the fridge and popped open the stay-tab. I drank it with pure pleasure. Mum and Dads’ eyes widened as I drank it.

“Mmm… that is so good…”

“You realise what you are doing, right?” Dad blinked.

“Byron’s right,” Mum nodded. “You are getting yourself into a lot of trouble.”

“Hmph,” I sighed. “I don’t care – I just love beer – and I want to know what it’s like, too.” I looked at my hands, which were now Rampardos claws. “Sweet…,” I grinned widely. “I’m a Rampardos again.” I was starting to look like a miniature version of Cepheus. I walked off to see if Maylene was done. I started to notice that I was beginning to fall over backwards because I was growing a tail. I walked into our room. “Maylene?”

“Yes?” She smiled and noticed how I was part Rampardos. “Oh no, you didn’t drink beer!” She said jokingly. “Did you?”

“Yes I did… sexy…,” I grinned. “It was delicious, too.”

She just giggled. “All right then,” she grinned. “I happen to be very hungry, though.”

“OK then, I think Dad made waffles. I’m starving…” We walked back to the kitchen as everyone else woke up, too.

“That was good,” I smiled. “So who wants to hear a story?”

“I do!” Marie grinned.

“Yeah,” everyone else said.

“OK… this happened about a year ago…”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback alert…

I was with Winona, whom I met on accident on a boat going to Sunyshore. I woke up to see that I was tied up… my head was aching like crazy. I do not even remember what had happened in the first place.

“Dammit… what the hell…,” I mumbled. Someone did a poor job on putting tape over my mouth… I looked beside me to see my cousin, Volkner. “Bullshit,” I mumbled again. I then noticed that I was tied up, too.

“You got me…,” he mumbled. I looked over to see Winona; whom mumbled and tried to point up. We all saw a giant G on the wall and knew it was Team Galactic… what did they want from us. We both ogled her as she was somehow able to get herself free and then untie us. We were both speechless, but Cyrus appeared… I had remembered hearing about him around six years or so ago… and how he tried to steal Veilstone’s meteorites.

“Well, well, Ms. Vogel, it seems you have escaped?” Cyrus walked up to her, grinning like a maniac. Before he could do anything else, she knocked him down: way too hard. I heard his head crack.

“Never… piss me off!” She stomped on his stomach and we both covered our eyes. “Go Fragmory, hold him off please!”

“Yes… ma’am…,” the Pokémon that looked like a huge Skarmory; said in English. She walked up to us and finished untying us.

“Thank you… I owe you one,” I smiled. I wanted to vomit so badly… I hated being near women…

“Thank you,” Volkner smiled, too.

“You’re welcome,” she said valiantly. We both hugged her. “We should go.”

“Yes,” we both nodded. We ran off as quickly as possible… not even knowing where we were. My head was pounding. We were in… the middle of nowhere…

“Where are we?” She asked.

“I don’t know,” I replied, slightly worried (because my head was starting to hurt even more now).

“Me neither,” Volkner nodded. He could see my concern. He knew that I was in pain, and I knew he was, too. He was much better at managing pain than me. I saw the ground moving. We all blinked and eventually saw a shovel and a head – I knew it was Dad!

“Hello!” He said. “It’s nice to see you Roark and Volkner… and who is this young lady?”

“Winona,” she replied, smiling.

“Father, what are you doing here?!” I smiled.

“Uncle Byron!” Volkner grinned. He got out of the hole and brushed himself off.

“It’s nice to meet you Winona; your sister has mentioned you.”

“Wow that’s interesting,” she said, slightly amused. “Umm sir… do you know where we are?”

“No, I don’t. I got loSt underground.” We all groaned and sighed… I looked at this as if it were a lost cause… of course Dad isn’t going to know! He never keeps track of where he is…

“I have an idea,” she turned around… did the sexiest thing I had ever seen: she pulled something out of her bra. I had no idea what it was – I was too busy vomiting. “You guys are perverts!” She growled. Volkner apparently fainted, so I had to help him back up. “Go!” She let out a Zapdos. I blinked – in fact – we all blinked.

“Where the hell did you get that?!” I asked…

“Ditto that,” Volkner’s eyes widened. Dad was speechless.

“Well, these people in Kanto called me and told me they had a rampant Zapdos. I came over and helped them calm it down. He eventually calmed down and he let me catch him. He loves me now. But I want it to be a secret, that's why I hide him from the world. Keep it a secret, savvy?”

“Yes ma’am!” We all said in unison. I respect people’s secrets anyway…

“All right, I bet you’re wondering why I let him out.” We all nodded. “He can sense where on Earth we are by using the electromagnetism in the Earth and in the sky.” I paused. “Watch,” she winked at Zapdos. “Get back guys,” she commanded we all stepped back. Bolts of lightning surrounded him. She got a notepad and a pen. It was fucking hot in my opinion… I was too busy staring at her to even notice the Zapdos…

“100 degrees north and 50 degrees west,” the Zapdos said. Since I have been with Pokémon for so long, I do realise what they’re saying.

“All right, are you sure it’s 100 degrees north and 50 degrees west?”

“Yes, I do,” it replied.

“Good, return,” she put it in her pocket instead of her boobs…

Damn…,” I thought.

“Now I know where we are,” Dad spoke up. “We’re in Oriss.”

“Oriss?” We all asked, wide-eyed.

Where in Oriss are we?” I thought again.

“Yes, I remember studying it on a map,” he continued. We all nodded. I noticed that the sun was already going down (we must have been knocked out for hours – which is the only thing I could think of).

“We should make camp,” I suggested.

“Yeah, no sleeping with me,” she jeered.

“Gonna be cold tonight,” Dad blurted, trying to be funny. She mumbled something but I couldn’t tell what it was. Setting up camp was so simple, judging that I have done it a million times with my dad… especially coming here to Oriss.

“I’m going to find food…,” she broke the silence.

“Need any help?” I asked… then again, I didn’t want to vomit in front of her again…

“Nah thanks anyway,” she walked off. We never said anything the whole time… except I touched the top of my head… it was beginning to weep.

Gross…,” I thought. I thought it was bleeding but it turns out it was not. She finally returned with fish! That made me speak up – I love fish!

“Ooh… you got fish!” Volkner drooled.

“Good, I love fish,” Dad smiled.

“Me, too,” I added.

“Good,” she smiled. We waited for them to cook properly. We ate without saying anything. I fell asleep without even realising it… I knew my dad would want to dig fossils with me; it seems to be a tradition… one of my favourite traditions, too.

“Roark… Roark… wake up…,” Dad whispered and shook me. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. It was still dark out a little bit. I loved the dawn – I thought it was gorgeous. It was quite brisk out, but not that cold. I happened to be quite used to the cold – I do not really mind it. I breathed in the nice, fresh air. It was the best time to dig for fossils because it is tiring, hot work.

“Right… let us go…,” I was about to get up and go until Volkner noticed us leaving.

“Morning guys,” he whispered. “I will make you some breakfast when you get back.”

“Thank you!” We both whispered and walked off to some place where we could dig…

“Phew… this is hard work,” I sighed. My head was pounding even more than it was before. “Ugh… Dad, my head is aching,” I took a brush and neatly uncovered a piece of pottery. Sure, we maybe palaeontologists, but we are also archaeologists – but no one really knows that. “Dad, I found a piece of pottery!”

“Nice – let me see!” He grinned and walked up. “It looks Native American,” he nodded.

“Dad – look out!” I pushed him out of the way of a huge rock falling. I never really saw it coming into the last minute… sadly, that rock fell on top of me and I fainted… it fell on my back and all I could feel was blood in the back of my throat and that I could barely breathe…

The next thing I knew that someone had performed CPR on me… and that I was rolled over on my side. I coughed up some blood. I was not paying attention to what was going on… except the fact that Winona got angry at my dad for not knowing CPR. I tried to get up but I coughed. “What happened…,” I rubbed my head. I could barely see – everything seemed to be a blur.

“I saved your life…,” she replied.

“You did…,” I said weakly while vomiting… not because she saved my life, but because I felt sick to my stomach. I blushed. I looked up at her. “Thank you.”

She slapped her face. “You’re welcome.” Volkner and she exchanged something but I couldn’t tell what they said. “Roark,” she spoke up. “I need you to take the medicine I’ll give you – OK?” I nodded. She helped me get up and lean against a stump. “You take care of him please. I’ll go get the medicine.”

“Yes ma’am,” he replied. She walked off and I fell asleep… I was so exhausted… and I did not feel very well one bit. I felt paralyzed, to be honest…

I felt something touch my head… I had no recollection of what happened in between. I had never felt this way before… it was beyond feeling like shit. I felt so helpless – like I could not take care of myself.

“You have a fever,” she said.

I groaned. “I do?” I said groggily.

“Yes,” she crushed something between her fingers. “Please swallow,” she handed me some kind of plant. I did my best to grab it. I was just barely able to swallow it because I was so fucking thirsty – and no one even asked if I wanted something to drink. It went down hard as a rock. I just wanted to throw it up… “And please don’t vomit, it’ll dehydrate you.”

She was right – that’s what vomiting does. “OK,” I replied weakly. My head was pounding and I tried to reach up to see if it was still weeping or not… and it still was. It started to really worry me. I started to wonder where Dad was… the other two turned around and walked off, to talk, I guess. “Umm Winona…,” I shuddered. Right above me, perched upon a stump was a huge, three-headed Pokémon. It was drooling, its teeth were covered in blood, and it smelled terrible… because I was right underneath it – its breath smelled like rotting meat. “Ugh…,” my eyes widened… I tried not to vomit. Its mouth was foaming, too – it must have had rabies. I then noticed that Volkner wasn’t there and that there was a Pachirisu! I never noticed it before… that must have been what that Pokémon was after.

“Roark, don’t move, it has rabies.” I nodded, gulped and didn’t move. Nostrils flaring, it looked around with its three heads – probably for the poor Pachirisu. “Go!” She let out Zapdos. “Use Thunder Wave!” She got over to where I was and was somehow able to carry me. I was absolutely horrified, I could barely move. Whatever it was, it was fixated on that Pachirisu Winona must have saved. Zapdos paralyzed it and it stopped moving. If I hadn’t had anything to drink, I would have wet myself by then.

“It needs to be killed humanely,” she said. I agreed with her, so did Volkner –

“Yes, I agree,” he looked at it. It was limp, but its eyes were still moving and it was still drooling. It was barely breathing though. Out of nowhere, Dad appeared to be a tranquiliser gun. Winona asked what it was for, so I ignored this because I already knew. It is used to kill any living thing humanely – humans have even died from them within 20 minutes. They are no different than any other kind of gun. She returned Zapdos and moved over. He aimed straight for its chest – which is the best place to aim since most of the blood vessels are there – Dad told me. We were all silent, except my heart was pounding while were silent. I could almost feel this creature’s pain as my dad fired the gun. I was half-asleep when they said they wanted bury it. They were covered in dirt and she had more of that plant. I think she called it ‘heal-all’. She handed it to me and gave me the same instructions as before. I had forgotten about that Pachirisu.

“Hey are you awake?” She walked up to me.

“Hey…,” I said weakly while petting her… I was so exhausted I fell asleep. They came back with fish while I was asleep! My stomach roared – I was starving. I drooled and they never even noticed! “Hurry up…,” I thought. They set them down on the stump and I opened my eyes.

“Hello there,” Winona said. “Are you feeling all right?”

I nodded, “I feel a little better,” I replied weakly.

“Good. Would you like some fish?” She asked. Boy would I ever!

Hell yeah!” I thought. “Sure,” I nodded the best I could – which was weakly. She looked at the top of my head.

“All right… your head is doing better – it’s scabbing over – which is a good sign.” I nodded and fell back asleep. The smell of fish filled my nostrils. Winona had another fucking plant in her hands – probably for me – all of them are for me! I never heard what the two were saying, though; but she walked up to me… I was half-asleep. “Roark,” she tapped me on my shoulder.

“Hmm…?” I mumbled, opening my eyes.

“Would you like some fish now?” she asked. She had that stupid plant with her.

“Yes… please…,” I gagged to say words… I still felt paralyzed. I just barely nodded but it hurt so badly. She handed me a piece on a branch whittled down to look like a skewer.

“Oh yeah… I have a plant that might help you,” she handed it to me. Like I already did not know that! I ate the plant first… this actually quenched my thirst. My throat and whole mouth was parched – not the normal kind of parched – but the ‘dirt-in-the-mouth’ kind of parched in which everything feels dry and the fact that I could barely swallow a thing.

“Thank you…. What is it?” I asked weakly.

“You’re welcome – it’s called goldenrod.” I nodded weakly and she walked back over. I ate slowly because I was still so fucking thirsty. I soon fell asleep… with Pachirisu still next to me – her warmth felt brilliant in the cold Oriss nights.

I woke having to take a piss… “What the hell did that fucking plant do to me;?” I thought. “Winona…,” I groaned. I really felt stupid and helpless – I couldn’t even get up to take care of myself!

“Yes?”

“I really have to take a piss…” Fucking plant for sure!

“Umm…,” she hesitated.

“I’ll help him,” Volkner said instead. I really had to vomit, too…

After he helped me, I fell back asleep instantly. While the two were sleeping, I had caught Pachirisu. I woke up to the smell of fish again. I drooled in my sleep – I did not feel like waking up because I was still sore, but I did feel better. Volkner tapped on my shoulder. “You hungry?” He asked. I nodded weakly. “OK here you go,” he smiled at me. I love him so much; he is like a best friend. I ate the fish he gave me faster than yesterday. Dew and sweat had collected on my face and I was able to lick it off without anyone noticing. I noticed that Dad disappeared again.

“How are you feeling?” She asked while walking over to me.

“Better than yesterday,” I replied stronger than yesterday. “Can you please take care of Pachirisu?” I whispered. She nodded. “Thanks.”

“Here,” she gave me more of those fucking plants. “Would you like something else to eat?” She asked.

“Yes please,” I tried to smile.

“Here,” she handed me another piece.

“Thanks,” I replied slowly.

“Welcome,” she smiled. She looked at the top of my head again. “Looking better than yesterday – still have a fever though.” Yeah, because I happened to be fucking thirsty and no one noticed! She touched the top of my forehead. I didn’t feel like talking at the time so I kept my mouth shut. I fell back asleep and didn’t even have a care in the world what those two were talking about.

I thought I would later try my luck to get up… but I felt nauseated. I stumbled. “I don’t feel very good…” She walked up towards me and helped me get to a clearing.

“It’s OK, come with me.” I gasped as I vomited – I was vomiting blood for some odd reason. Judging from what I’ve heard – that is not very good. “Roark you’re vomiting blood – that’s not good – we’ll have to find the nearest town.” She helped me walk back. I was shivering like crazy because I was frightened – I had never seen anything like that in my life… my face was pale, I could tell because I had no feeling in it whatsoever. I did not say a word… my eyes were as wide as pie pans. Volkner came back and gasped.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked.

“He’s vomiting blood, which isn’t a good sign.”

“Hospital…?” He replied.

“Yes,” she nodded. I fainted in her arms… I could barely make out what they were saying. “Holy shit… Something stabbed you – no wonder!” She lied me down on the ground… I was totally knocked out by then.

“W-what happened…,” I mumbled, something weird was on my back. I woke up and coughed because there was fucking dirt in my face! She got me off the ground and leaned me up against a stump.

“You fainted, and your scar opened back up, too.”

“It… did…?” I sniffled. That was the worst day of my life… but that is another story for later. “That was the worst day of my life…,” I sighed.

“Oh dear…,” she handed me another one of those fucking plants! “Eat, please.”

Since I had no way of defending myself, I thought I would just give up for now. “Yes…,” I swallowed it but it went down hard. The flavour was disgusting anyway! This is why I do not like wild plants.

“You should rest…,” she nodded. I nodded back and fell asleep.

“Wake up,” she said.

“Huh…,” I mumbled groggily.

“Time to go,” she replied.

“OK…,” I said weakly. She helped me up onto her Fragmory. I was too tired to even do much so I snoozed the whole time – not even knowing what was going on. I did feel like we were descending and landed on the ground; so I woke up. Volkner let out his Luxray. The two helped me up onto him. I loved Volkner’s Luxray… it’s so soft and cuddly… and warm. I just sank into its fur and fell asleep. Only problem was – I was forced to wake up and walk into a hospital… the two carried me but I fainted again.

How much time has passed?

It seems like I am trapped in this stupid body….

Oh well, it feels nice to sleep – I barely get any sleep at all…

The fluids feel nice… oh what was that? A needle sticking into me…? It’s just best I ignored it and rest…

Rest: the magic word…


I woke up and sat up a little. “Wow I feel better… these fluids are incredible!”

“Glad you feel better,” Volkner smiled. “And it’s good to be alone, is it not?” He yawned. “I’m sleepy though…” So was I… but I had done enough resting. He fell asleep.

She walked back in with one of the best professors in the world – Dr. Chad!

“Chad?” I said weakly from so much surprise.

“Hello, Roark,” he smiled at me.

“Great to see you… wish I wasn’t sick though,” I sighed forcibly. She sat down and nudged Volkner, whom slightly groaned. I NEVER wake him up – he can be such a sourpuss.

“Huh…,” he mumbled. He noticed Chad. “Nice to meet you, I’m Volkner,” he held out his hand and they both shook hands.

“Nice to meet you, too; I’m Chad – I’ve known Roark for awhile now.”

“Oh, how?” She asked.

“He’s helped dig up fossils for me, and resurrect them,” he replied. I didn’t say anything – I was too proud to. He looked at his watch, “oh sorry, I must go now.” That’s the thing about Chad – he is constantly busy.

“Bye,” we all said. I fell back asleep… not even paying attention again! I could not help it – I don’t notice minor details. She nudged me… argh I just want to sleep for God’s sake!

“Hmm?” I opened one eye because I was so lazy.

“We’re going home for awhile… I’ll be back tomorrow,” she patted me on the shoulder.

“All right… bye,” I closed my eye.

How dare they abandon me…?

I have been through hell and back – and this! I sighed forcibly. “One is the loneliest number…,” I didn’t feel like continuing. I was so hungry… I wondered if I could get up or not. So I tried and I did. “Fucking room or bust – I’m starving!” I walked out as quickly as possible without tripping or fainting. My mouth watered the instant I got near the café – what was that incredible smell?! “That smells amazing…,” I sniffed the air heavily. I did not like that IV drip at all. “This thing is so annoying…,” I growled.

I made it to the canteen. It smelt like pizza! “I might as well get some…,” I sighed, grabbed it and sat down – by myself. I had forgotten to get something to drink. “If only they served wine…,” I groaned and gulped down the pizza.

I fell back asleep as soon as I got back – mainly from the loneliness. I woke up the next day with sun shinning in through my window. I could hear extreme groaning from next door – not a good sign. I sighed. “I’m still lonely… it’s like I don’t even exist…”

I sighed and stood up because the stupid fluids and the Coke I drank came back to haunt me, but as I got out – to my amazement – Winona and Volkner were back… but whom was this? M-Maylene…? Hell no!

“Hello!” I smiled.

“Hi there…!” Maylene smiled… it looked like she was almost blushing – and I wanted to vomit…

Volkner hugged me, “good to see you,” he smiled. The two girls hugged me too, but I was too embarrassed to vomit… I hugged the all back. I flushed a bright red. Winona gave me back my Pachirisu… and the most amazing thing happened:

I was released…

I sighed happily.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

End.

“NICE…!!!” They all cheered happily. “Tell us another story!” They chanted.

“All right then, maybe later,” I sighed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Questions? Comments? Was it too long? Please tell me – I would love to know!

Please review - I would appreciate it.

Next story will be awesome.
Sign up to rate and review this story