Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Scribbles in the sand

by GalacticFTW 1 review

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-02 - Updated: 2009-10-02 - 906 words

0Unrated
Chapter 74

The lakeside seemed to have a beach with sand, unusual for a lake in the high mountains like this. Cynthia and I started to scribble random things in the sand while Merick and Cadeyrn were sleeping. “Hey, what’s that you’re drawing?” I said sarcastically.

“It’s supposed to be a bird, but doesn’t look like one. You’re a much better drawer than me,” she winked.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“No problem.”

I felt some steam coming off the lake. “Where’d this sand come from and why’s there steam on the lake?” I looked out over the lake. I saw something just barely walking on the water.

“What is it?” She squinted.

“I-I have no idea…”

It came closer… and closer. It was neighing, so it had to be a horse. “Cheerio!” The horse said. It was a huge brown horse with a dark brown mane, flames around his hooves and was heavily built.

“Suffolk?” We both said in unison. Cadeyrn snapped out of his sleep.

“Yes!” He bowed.

“Hey buddy!” Cadeyrn neighed happily. The both started to groom each other.

“Hey, isn’t that Flint’s guardian legendary?” I was trying to remember…

“I think it is, that was over two or three years ago,” she smiled. They continued to chat and Merick finally woke up.

“’Bout time,” we both said sarcastically.

“Erm… what’s going on?” He scratched his head. “Am I seeing double?” He rubbed his eyes.

“No,” I replied. “That’s just Suffolk, a legendary.”

“Yeah, he partially belongs to Flint.”

“What do you mean by ‘partially’?” He asked.

“Well, he doesn’t really ‘own’ him because Suffolk is still a wild animal,” she replied.

“Hmm… I see now. I noticed you said you were a doctor and a teacher, what could you teach me? Please?”

“I teach biology and anatomy, what would you like to learn?” I replied.

“Whatever you’d like,” he smiled.

“I think my favourite is animal reproduction, so I’ll draw you something in the sand. Any specific animal you’d like to learn about?”

“Birds, please?”

“Sure thing,” I started to draw in the sand. “Birds are like mammals, such as you and me. Males have two testes, like mammals,” I drew a simple kidney-shaped object – the right one was larger than the other. “Males’ testes are normal small when not breeding, and the left testis is usually shrunken and non-functional.” I then traced over the right one to make it larger. “Also, if anything happens to the right one, for example: cancer or an injury, the left one will begin to function. When breeding, the right one becomes hundreds of times bigger than normal, it produces sperm like mammals do.” I paused for a second. “Same thing happens to the ovaries,” I erased the picture and redrew an oval-shaped object. “They become hundreds of times bigger,” I traced over it. “And if anything happens to it, the left one will begin to function. They produce ova like in mammals as well.” I had to think of something else. “Also, most birds do not have external genitalia, except for some, like the Farfetch’d or Dodrio; they have something called a phallus, that acts like a penis, like in mammals. Phalluses can be quite long, (I know it’s a bit gross when you first hear about it but I’m used to it), the largest was from a Farfetch’d, it was over 9 inches – the largest penis for any vertebrate its size.” I just remember something. “But the largest goes to Wailord, its penis is over 12 inches long.”

“Yeah, I remember you tell me that,” she said.

“Teach me something else!” Merick suggested. “You said you were a doctor, right? Maybe you could check me out?”

“Only problem, I have no equipment to help you, but maybe if our wish comes true, you could come along with me and see what I do,” I replied.

“Hmm… maybe I could…”

“If you don’t mind,” I nodded.

“No of course not… just need to find a new leader…”

“Oh… hadn’t thought of that. But – maybe I could check you out anyway. Lie down, on your back.”

“OK,” he did what I said. I took a look at his belly first.

“Your belly looks OK,” I then checked his ears. “They look all right too.” I checked all over. “I say you’re pretty healthy to me, for a wild Pokemon.”

“Wow! Really, thank you Nicu!” He smiled.

“You’re welcome; you keep that up, alright?” I smiled back and rubbed his head. “Shall we go now?” I asked Cynthia.

“Yeah, I think we should,” she replied.

“Already?” Cadeyrn looked at me. “We just got here…”

“We got here over six hours ago. And if you want to…,” I let out Storic. “That’ll release some burden off of you.”

“Can I come along?” Suffolk asked.

“Of course you can!” I nodded.

“Let’s go!” Cynthia hopped onto Storic. I did the same thing while helping Merick up. He started to ascend quickly and the horses began to trot off. I knew this was going to be long and hard….

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Once again short as always... just in a hurry to get this done. I hope to start part 5 soon... maybe after the 18th chapter. Sorry took so long, of course. I haven't felt my best lately... au revoir.
Sign up to rate and review this story