Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sunflowers

Chapter 36

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-04 - Updated: 2009-10-05 - 1383 words

0Unrated
The next day we took Lexi to the airport. She would meet Ben and Kristan back there. I was sad to see her leave. This was going to be hard on her and Spencer.
“Bye Sis. I’ll miss you!”
“I’ll miss you too.” Her and Spence hugged but you could tell neither were thrilled. Wonder what happened. We watched her go through the baggage claim and waved one last time before heading to her gate.
“Spence are you ok?” I asked as I put my arm around his waist, he was too tall for me to put it around his shoulder.
“We broke up.” My mouth dropped. I was not expecting that answer.
“Why?” He looked at me.
“We are in love with other people.”
Without thinking I asked, “Who?”
“You.” Oh yea, duh! But I was engaged to Brendon.
“Spencer I-I- don’t know what to say.”
“It’s ok Lys. I wasn’t expecting you to break off your engagement to be with me.” He told me and slid out of my grip to walk in front of me. I felt another arm around my shoulders.
“Everything ok?” it was Brendon. I wanted to tell him yes but I just could not.
“Spencer is in love with me.” I blurted out. I felt his warm embrace leave me as he raced for Spencer. “Brendon no!” I stood in the middle of them before either could take a hit. “This is not right. Lexi isn’t the one who should be going home but it is me.” By now the rest of our friends were surrounding us in the middle of the airport. “I refuse to be the reason for the breakup of your band. You and Spencer got along so well before I showed up. So I’m taking myself out of the picture. I’m going home.” I took the engagement ring off my finger and handed it to Brendon.
“Lys what are you doing!?” Amanda half shouted.
“Lys, please don’t do this.” Pleaded Brendon. I could tell he was holding back tears.
“Lys this is not what I had in mind when I told you. I really didn’t want to cause any harm. You belong with Brendon. I’m sorry.”
“No Spence you shouldn’t hold back your emotions. I’m glad you told me.”
“Well at least come back to the hotel first and let’s sit and talk about this.” I shook my head no.
“Please Lyssa.”
“If I go then I’d stay.” Then I felt my phone vibrate. I checked it. It was Billy. He was in need of my help writing lyrics.
“Lys you can’t leave. We’ve gotta see Paris, Budapest, Rome, Taiwan. Oh you know how much you’ve always wanted to go to Taiwan!” Amanda told me. She was right. I’ve always wanted to go to Taiwan.
“Alyssa I love you so much. I do not want to lose you over this. Please re-think your decision.” I thought about it. They were going to be in London for 2 more days. Then, Berlin, for 3, Amsterdam for another 3, after that it was Paris, Austria, Budapest, Rome and then Taiwan for the New Year.
“I’ll make a deal with you.” I told him. “I’ll go home for a bit then if I feel alright I’ll meet back up with you in Paris. Does that sound ok?”
“Lys I really wish you wouldn’t leave me at all.”
“I don’t want to you leave-“
“Then don’t.” he interrupted me. I gave him a stern look. “I know you feel like you must do so.” I nodded. “Can I ask you one favor?”
“Sure, sweetie.”
“Will you please put the ring back on?” He looked so heartbroken that I would even consider taking it off in the first so how could I refuse.
“Of course.”
“Lys I’m sorry to have caused this…”
“Spencer, no worries! Everything will work out in the end. God has a mysterious way of doing things.” I smiled. I hugged him goodbye. Then my friends and finally Brendon.
“Do you want me to wait with you?” I shook my head no.
“You’ve gotta prepare for your show tonight babe. I’ll call you when I’m safe and sound at home.”
“Ok, know that I love you.”
“And I love you.” We kissed and I departed to buy my ticket home. And not LA bound, Pittsburgh bound. I needed my mother’s advice.
I arrived in the city early the next morning. I didn’t have any luggage so waiting for baggage claim was pointless. I didn’t even have my cell phone charger so that’d prob mean my phone would be off the majority of the week I was home. I’m fine with that. It’d really give Brendon, Spencer and I a break. I hailed a taxi upon reaching outside and gave him the address to my home. It took me an extra half hour to get home due to rush hour. When I arrived home I went to straight into my room. It hasn’t changed since I moved out…well it’s probably cleaner and better organized. I laughed. I’m not the neatest one in the bunch. I noticed Mom used part of the room for her crafts. I fell back to sleep for a bit before venturing to the living room and watching CSI reruns on Spike till my father came home at 3.
“Hey daddy!’ I gave him a hug.
“Hi pumpkin.” Was his reply. We chit-chatted about work, gym, and his friend Danny.
“Aw that’s right its taco night at the Carriage Inn…can we go?”
“Sure. I’ll call you when I’m done at the gym.” When he was leaving mom came home. I told her the whole situation.
“Well Lys, I don’t really know Spencer. He seems like a great guy. But you’re with Brendon. If he was the one you wanted to be with you would not have said yes to Brendon in the first place.” She had a point there. “Why don’t you just relax this week and think about it.” I nodded. I heard mom’s cell go off, it was Dad saying he was done at the gym and to meet him there.
After the short drive we walked into the familiar restaurant. I gave Danny a hug before sitting next to my Dad.
“What’s up kid?” he asked me. And I told him nothing much. Just then I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see one of my friends from high school.
“Mike!” I called and hugged him. “How are you?”
“I’m great and you?”
“Alright.” I smiled.
“We should catch up? I get off at 9. What do you say?”
“I say yea! Just pick me up at home!” I told him before sitting back down. I knew my mom was going to ask who he was so I explained that he was year younger than me and that he’s super smart. Then Danny commented.
“If he’s super smart why is he here?”
“I’ll ask him later.” I joked with him. Soon my taco salad arrived and I began to chow down. It was better then I remembered! We talked a bit more before we headed out. Mike waved bye because he was busy waiting on customers.
We arrived home and I rummaged through my old clothes to see if I left anything home date-worthy for tonight. Date-worthy? Why did I just think of it like that? I have a boyfriend. No a fiancé. Mike’s just a nice guy who I had a crush on in high school. I shouldn’t get all dulled up for him. But I can’t help myself. I love to get dressed up and look nice when I go out. I found this old skirt, purple shrit and a scarf with my brown boots and jacket! I touched up my make-up thanking god that I remembered to put my essentials in my purse.
It was 9:20 when Mike knocked at the back door. He walked me down to his car and opened the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story