Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Sunflowers

Chapter 37

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-04 - Updated: 2009-10-05 - 1603 words

0Unrated
“Hey how was the rest of work?” I asked when we started to drive away.
“Not bad.” He smiled at me. “How are you?”
“Eh, I’m alright.” I smiled.”Where are we going?”
“No where special.” He drove toward the high school and pulled into the parking lot. “Thought we could walk and talk.”
“Sure!” I got out of the car and next to Mike. He started.
“So why are you home?” I looked at him quizzically. “I mean its January. Normally you’d be home for the holidays or something but it is the middle of the month. What’s so special?”
“You want the whole story?”
“I’m afraid to say yes but go ahead. Why not?” So I told him everything. Including my little adventure the other morning. The first thing he said “you’re engaged?” I laughed a little.
“Sorry Mike I am.”
“Well how bout you dump both and go out with me.” I laughed harder.
“Maybe if I was back in high school.”
“I wish I had enough guts to do this in high school.” Mike stopped, scooped me into his arms and kissed me on the lips. Sad part is I kissed back. Then we slowly parted ways.
“I wish you had done that in high school.” I told him and stupid me kissed him again. But I swore to myself that’s all we were going to do is just kiss.
“Wanna go back to my place?”
“Mike, I love my fiancé. I’m not going to have sex with you. I’m sorry.”
“No no, I understand. I’m just getting cold and still wanted to spend some time with you.” He half-smiled.
“Oh my bad, of course we can.” We turned around and headed back to his car hand in hand. We drove a little while and ended up in a small house in Lincoln boro.
“I live with a couple of guys so you’ll have to excuse the mess.” They couldn’t be worse than the boys. We opened the door and my eyes feel upon JP.
“JP!” I screamed and ran over to hug him.
“Alyssa. How are you?” We talked for a bit before Mike show me to his room. I saw JP wink but I knew nothing was going to happen.
“You wanna watch a movie?”
“Sure!” I told him and we decided to put on The Hangover. One of my favorite movies! I kicked my shoes off and crawled into his bed to watch the screen. The next thing I remember is waking up in strong arms. I half-expected to see Brendon. But it was curly blonde. I spent the night with Mike?! I looked under the covers. My jeans were all askew from tossing and turning in the night. Ok so I just slept with him not had sex. I can live with that.
“Good morning.” he kissed my cheek.
“Morning,” I yawned. “Sorry I fell asleep on you last night.”
“It’s fine. I was just thinking…”
“About?” He took a deep breath before replying.
“If I had asked you out in high school, would you be engaged to me and actually sleeping with me.”
“Wow.” I couldn’t believe he liked me too in high school. “But sweetie I probably would have still moved out west.”
“I might have followed.” I smiled.
“Thanks for an awesome night but I think you better take me home.” He nodded.
Once home I jumped on the old laptop I left behind hooked up to the monitor because the screen was broke. I emailed mom at work explaining the night and telling her that I was fine. I proceeded to take a shower and get ready for the day.

My week was full of visiting old high school friends and relatives. I took my cousin Kaitlyn out to the mall and for a movie. It was a fun girls day. I was sitting at home Thursday night getting ready to watch a new episode of CSI with my dad when the phone rang. I got up to answer it.
“Hello.” I said.
“Alyssa?”
“Brendon?” he replied with a yea. “Baby what’s wrong?”
“You never called.” Oh shit that’s right! I turned my phone off to save battery and never turned it back on to call him.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t bring my charger and wanted to save my battery.”
“I thought you went home, babe”
“I am home.”
“No to LA.”
“Nah, I needed to talk to my family.” We didn’t speak for a moment. “Brendon I’m really sorry I didn’t call you.”
“No it’s ok I’ve just been freaking out over here because Lexi is telling me you never came home.
“I’m sorry. I love you.”
“Sorry isn’t going to cut it this time.” He told me. “I don’t think I want you back.” That provoked something in me and rage got the best of me.
“Fine I won’t come back to you. I’ll come back to someone I know who loves me.”
“Who?”
“Spencer!” I hung up the phone and proceeded to call Spencer. I had to wait for my phone to turn on so I could get his number.
“Hello?” he answered wearily.
“Hey Spence it’s Lys.”
“Aw, Lys it’s so nice to hear your voice.”
“Yours too, I’ve missed you.”
“Really? I’ve missed you too.”
“Aww Spencer wanna go out when I get back?”
“Wait a sec, what happened to Brendon?” Then I heard commotion in the background. “Brendon?” I heard him say then he put the phone on speaker.
“You son of a bitch! Why did you have to “declare” your love for her? Now she fucking is coming back to you and only you! What the fuck man? Why can’t I just be enough for her?” I heard him start to cry. I guess he didn’t notice that Spence when on the phone when he barged in. “I lost my temper with her again because she forgot to call. She said she turned her phone off because she doesn’t have the charger and wanted to save the battery.”
“Well she didn’t go back to her room to get anything so it’s plausible.” Wait who’s side was Spencer on here? “But doesn’t she have a spare charger?”
“Yea but she went home to Pittsburgh.”
“Really?” Spencer asked. “Well knowing her, she never sat still at home because she’s rarely there and just got caught up with visiting everyone.”
“Yea I guess. But I’m supposed to be the love of her life. And she couldn’t call.”
“What’s this really about?” again asked Spence, changing the subject. There was a pause.
“I feel like I’m not good enough for her. That she’ll be expecting a perfect “Hollywood” romance. And I can’t give her perfection Then there’s you. Telling her your feelings and making her confused. But I see why you love her. What’s not to love about her?” someone chuckled. “She has an amazing smile, big gorgeous brown eyes. Bubbly personality, always has a good time. Great at sex.” He trailed off.
“I’m sorry I told her and made her confused. But I can’t help but love her Brendon. You don’t understand how mad I am that I didn’t ask her out the night we went out. She could be my fiancé instead.”
“Spencer don’t talk like that.”
“Brendon it’s the truth. Not many girls come along like that. ” Aww, I was starting to cry. “Promise me you’ll take care of her. Promise me you’ll do your best to protect her and make her happy. Promise not to let her feel like she is going to break up the band.”
“Spencer I promise.”
“Oh one more thing, Brendon just know that if you do fail, I will be there to pick her up.”
“If I fail, I’ll be glad to know that she’ll be with someone who I trust, who I consider is my brother.” I heard some movement. I bet they were hugging. My boys! “Thanks for talking with me, now I’ve gotta apologize to Lys.”
“Wait a sec, I was on the phone with her when you barged in here.”
“She heard the whole conversation?” I guess he nodded because the next thing I heard was, “Lys you still there?”
“Yea baby I’m here.”
“Oh god I’m so sorry.”
“No I’m sorry. You are good enough for me baby that I deserve better.”
“Nah I deserve better.” I laughed.
“I love you.”
“I love you more!”
“No I do! And I’ll see you in a couple days!”
“Yes! I can’t wait! See you then.”
“Bye love.” I didn’t hang up the phone. I waited til I heard the door close so I could finish my conversation with Spencer.
“Spence, you know I love you. You’ll always hold a special place in my heart.”
“As will you Lys. Hey if it isn’t too much to ask do you think we can make love again?”
“Well, you’ll have to ask Brendon. But I’m game! I love the way you-“ I stopped because I realized my parents were in the next room.
“The way I what?”
“I’ll tell you when I get back but I’m going to watch CSI with my dad. Love you Spence.”
“Love you Lys.”
Sign up to rate and review this story