Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Accidents Can Happen

Chapter 2

by mad4u55 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Wolverine - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-10-17 - Updated: 2009-10-18 - 938 words

-1Predictable
"Right now." Stryker said. His voice was full of approval.

I couldn't find my voice for a minute. "Uh...seriously? What about my parents?" I said in unsureness.

"It's all taken care of." Stryker said collectedly.

*

Thirty six hours later I was on a jet headed for some location in Nigeria. Stryker didn't tell us why we were going to Africa. He really didn't say anything at all. I was wearing a pair of dark jeans, a n olive shirt and a black jacket. I was able to find time to strip the dye out of my hair and return it to its natural green color. I currently had it up in a loose pony tail.

There was eight men on the plane with me, including Stryker. I felt slightly anxious being the only girl but I eventually got over it. Wade, the man I was sitting next to, was sharping a long metal sword. The sharp continuous sound of it was starting to give me a headache. "I love this weapon more than anything in the whole wide world. You wanna know why?" Wade said.

"No." Victor and I said at the same time. They both gave me a inquisitive look. Wade disregarded our answer and continued talking.

"It's memorable. Sure it's a little big. Tough to get on a plane. But you whip out a couple of swords at your ex-girlfriend's wedding, they will never ever forget." Wade said grandly.

"That's funny, Wade. I think you confused me with someone who gives a shit." Victor said menacingly.

"Right. It's probably not as intimidating as having a gun or bone claws or green hair or the fingernails of a bag lady." Wade said.

Getting aggravated, I slowly lifted Wade's sword into the air and took it out of his reach. He displayed a very concerned look on his face. "If you say one more thing about my hair I will crush this into oblivion." I said casually.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Wade said quickly. I quietly gave him back his beloved sword. "Jesus." I heard Wade say under his breath. I glared at him which made him change the subject. "Fred got a new tattoo. I'm concerned."

"Ah, Jesus. Fred, you just met her last night." James, Victor's younger brother, said turning to Fred, who was next to him.

"I love her." Fred explained. He seemed slightly embarrassed.

"You love her after one night?' James asked.

"She's a gymnast." Fred said proudly as if that was an excused for loving her.

'Bradley, take us down." Stryker said. Instantly I felt the jet start to decline. Bradley made the jet took a sharp left which upset James.

"Are you gonna puke?" Fred asked, as he took a bite of his candy bar.

"If we were meant to fly, we'd grow wings." James said.

"Oh, don't worry. More people die driving than flying." Agent Zero said sarcastically.

"How about impaling?" James asked.

"Hey. Now be nice." John said. "Or your idea of nice. Would you like a bucket?"

*

We landed a few minutes later. We walked through the city until we reach a tall building surrounded by a lot of construction equipment. I looked up at the building. Only four light were on and they all were on the top floor. "Why are we here?" James asked from the front of the group.

"All in good time." Was Stryker only response. "Zero."

Zero calmly walked to the front gate, which was surround by men. When they spotted him, they quickly took cover and aimed their guns. Zero slowly put his hands up and moved them towards the back of his head. Then he grabbed the two guns that were holstered on his back and shot all the men that were by the gate. "Show off." I muttered as Zero continued to shoot people. When he was finished, Zero finally opened the gate. Victor ran in ahead of us and disappeared.

"Fred." Stryker said, smirking.

"The tank?" He asked.

"The tank."

"Yea. I got that." Fred quickly destroyed the tank by blocking the missile from exiting.

"I'm sorry, but am I missing something? Couldn't she do all that?" Wade said gesturing at me.

"I have to give them something to do, don't I?' Stryker said laughing. Together we quickly entered the building and piled into the elevator. I was unlucky enough to end up standing next to Wade. After a few floors the elevator stopped and the lights went out.

"Great. Stuck in an elevator with five guys on a high protein diet. At least I got you with me." Wade put his arm around my shoulders and hugged me. "It's a dream come true." I quickly shoved his arm off me.

"Shut it, Wade. You're up next." Stryker said from the corner.

"Thank you, sir. You look really nice today. It's the green. It brings out the seriousness in your eyes." Wade said casually. I was struggling to keep my laughter under control.

"Oh, my God. Do you ever shut up, pal?" James asked.

"No, not when I'm awake." He said, seriously.

"Bradley. Top floor please." Stryker said. The elevator started to move again.

When we reached the top floor Wade said, "Time to go to work." Everyone moved out the area that would be vulnerable except from me. I wasn't in the mood to be pushed against a wall, so I kept me place. The elevator doors opened, Wade ran out, and then they closed again. I could hear gunshots coming from the room. A few seconds later we heard Wade's voice say, "Okay..... people are dead."
Sign up to rate and review this story