Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're My Best Nightmare

10

by Lauren-xo 0 reviews

10

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-10-24 - Updated: 2009-10-24 - 1560 words - Complete

0Unrated
My name is Jenny Tyler. I'm 22 years old and live in Belleville, New Jersey alone in my two bedroom apartment.

I have long blonde hair and emerald green eyes. My height is 5'4'', I know short, but I'm not bothered by it.

I don't have any family. My mom and dad passed away. My dad had a heart attack last year and my mom died of lung cancer. I never had any siblings.

That's what I tell people.

Okay, so now for the truth...

I'm hiding from a dangerous and evil man. I can't even bring myself to say his name.

My real name is Katie Richards. I left Belleville five years ago when I was 17. I travelled the States for two years before deciding to stay in Belleville. I know silly of me right? Wrong.

I thought that if I changed who I was and stayed in Belleville, he would never find me. He would think I stayed the same and moved.

Anyway, as I am talking to you, I'm talking in my British accent, but when I'm out and talking to other people, I use my American accent, no body knows any different, thank god.

I live twenty minutes by car from where I work. I work in Hot Topic at the Mall. That's where I met my new friends; Alexa [or Ali] Thomas, Lucy Jacobs, and Nicole Jones. But only Ali and me work there.

I bought a new car. I didn't want Mikey and Frank to see me, I figured they would be angry at me for leaving, and also, I don't want anybody knowing about me...not yet anyway.

So, yeah, anyway, I left my home to come go to work, like I said, it took me twenty minutes. Not I minded, as I was listening to my CD on the way there and singing along;

All the problems make me wanna go,
Like a bad girl straight to video.
Little darling welcome to the show,
You're a failure played in stereo.

I love that song!

When I got to work, Ali was already there and had the biggest smile on her face. What the hell is she so happy about?

"Hey Ali, you're happy." I said.

"Yes I am Jenny! Yes I am!"

I stared, she never changed from her smiling face. I knew what was going on. She wasn't going to say anything, unless I asked.

"So...you wanna tell me why you're so happy?" Then she let out a sigh and started rambling.

"Oh my god Jen. I was in Starbucks today before I came here, and I bumped into this guy, and I was like 'oh my god this guy is gorgeous' and I started talking to him and we had coffee together, and it turns out we have loads in common from movies to music, I mean, oh my god he's like the perfect guy, and he may even be The One, you know? Anyway, he asked me out and I said yeah, we're going out this Thursday, but before we do, I want you to meet him and then when we leave text me what you think."

I was silent for a second, taking in all the words that left her mouth at a very fast pace.

"Sure, he sounds alright, and yeah I'll text you. What's his name?"

"Well, I would say, but I want everything to be a surprise for you. I already told him about you though."

"Great. That's fine. Tell him about me but not me about him. Okay that's fine I'll wait three days before I say 'hi'."

Not a lot happened that day. A few people came in, bought some stuff and went again. Apart from that, nothing.

Except this guy came in. He had been in a few times before and he was gorgeous. Daniel his name was. Daniel Johnson.
He was amazing. He was everything I wanted in a man, seriously he was THAT amazing;
Handsome, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a perfect body. Oh yeah, he had a great personality too.

"Hey, how you doing?" He asked when he came up to me.

"Hey, I'm doing great thank you how about you?"

"Great as well, listen, I've wanted to ask for a while now, but have been too shy to ask, but...do you want to maybe, go out Thursday, a movie?" Awe it was so cute, he was dead nervous.

I just smiled and replied, "Yeah, I'd love too."

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7?" I said 7 was fine, and I gave him my number and address, and then he left with a smile on his face.

I sighed of happiness, then Ali came back with coffee. I swear that is ALL the girl drinks.

"Hey Jen I got us some...Jen? Jen? Hello Jen?"

"I can hear you Ali, I'm just super happy."

"Why?"

I turned to my weird best friend, her dark brown eyes wide with curiosity.

"Daniel asked me out!" I screamed, Ali screamed, we both screamed and hugged each other and jump up and down.

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you, when are you going out?" I told her it was Thursday, and that we were seeing a movie. Ali came up with a good plan, that her and her date would go with us.

"Yeah, that would actually make both of us less nervous." She agreed with me.

It was by now, the end of the day and time for me and Ali to go our separate ways home.

It didn't take me long to get home of course. When I got to my block, I parked the car and headed straight to the fifth floor where my apartment was.

Unlocking the door, I noticed some mail, probably crap as always.

I picked up the pile and flipped through them;

Junk

Junk

Junk

Blank envelope

Junk

Ju--

Wait a minute, blank envelope?

Who sends a letter with nothing written on the front?

I placed the mail on the table and opened this letter. It may not even be for me, but I had to check.

It didn't say a lot;

Can't wait to see you again xoxox

Maybe it was from Daniel, I don't know, but like I said, it may not even be for me. I could be for someone who lived here before me.

I decided not to think more of it, and had something to eat before going to bed.

Not much happened yesterday, actually it was really boring.

Today was better though. Today all the girls were here, because they had nothing better to do.

"I can't believe you're actually pregnant!" I freaked to Nicole.

"I know, me and Shaun had been trying for months and now it has finally happened!" We were all super happy for her.

I felt kind of left out though. I was the only single one left really, I mean I wasn't officially Daniel's girlfriend yet.

Alexa had her guy now, Lucy was engaged to Lee, and Nicole was married to Shaun and expecting her first kid!

I feel lonely.

"Oh my god! Jenny! We have our dates tomorrow! We have nothing to wear!" She gasped.

"Actually Ali, I have my outfit picked out."

Her mouth made an 'o' shape. "Well, fine, I guess you'll be meeting my mystery guy tonight then while I shop."

"Why can't I just go with you?"

"No, I want you to meet him. You'll love him I promise."

I sighed, "Fine, I'll meet him and be left alone with him while you shop --"

"I guess he could come with us." She decided, I laughed. Obviously I wouldn't have actually done anything with the guy, it was just a joke, but, Ali suffers from paranoia!

Later that evening...

"Jen! Let's go, he's meeting us by Starbucks in half an hour!"

I hurried down Ali's stairs whilst trying to put on my shoes, luckily I didn't fall.

"Ready." I said, and off we went.

We got to the mall in ten minutes, why we had to be here so early was beyond me. I guess Ali really likes this guy.

"Jenny, can you see him anywhere?" She asked while pulling me round the mall.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at my crazy friend. "What?" She asked.

"Ali, how do I know if I've seen him if I don't know he looks like?" Ali laughed and looked down in embarrassment.

We looked around a little more until we got to Starbucks. But, before I even had a chance to see anybody there, Ali covered my eyes with her freezing cold hands.

"Ali, what are you doing, you're hands are ice cold!"

"I've seen him, now walk."

I walked with the help from Alexa until she stopped me. Once we stopped, she uncovered my eyes, and I waited for my vision to focus.

"Okay, Jenny this is my boyfriend. Boyfriend, this is my best best BEST friend Jennifer Tyler!"

"Don't call me Jennifer!" I groaned.

I looked down to see a guy sat down with a comic book in front of his face. Weird!

Once Ali introduced us, he lowered his comic, and I swear my heart stopped!

My expression on my face was blank, unreadable.

The guy stood up and held his hand out to me.
Sign up to rate and review this story